• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Would prefer Ings to no one...

By the way, how many of our signings from Spain, France, Portugal or Italy have really worked out.?I can only think of Daveeed and Steeeed (and both had PL experience before coming to WHL). Whereas I can think of many, many failures from those countries. In fact too many to contemplate any more risks from there I would have thought. Once, twice, thrice bitten and all that. To not learn from our mistakes would be foolish IMO.

Just a thought.

Hoillet cost QPR £5m through that channel. And Fryers was going to cost us £3.5m and was only a youth player

Didn't Hoilett go to a tribunal?

I'd just rather put that £9,000,000 towards a bid for Berahino. Then go get Ings in the summer when we've shipped out Adebayor and Soldado.

Would prefer Ings to no one...

By the way, how many of our signings from Spain, France, Portugal or Italy have really worked out.?I can only think of Daveeed and Steeeed (and both had PL experience before coming to WHL). Whereas I can think of many, many failures from those countries. In fact too many to contemplate any more risks from there I would have thought. Once, twice, thrice bitten and all that. To not learn from our mistakes would be foolish IMO.

Just a thought.

Lloris, Verts, Eriksen, Modric, Berbatov and Chadli have been some of our best signings from the last decade (along with Bale and Walker from the championship and Sandro direct from south america).

And they were generally the best (young) players in slightly weaker European leagues (France, Holland, Croatia, Germany), often with contract situations to exploit.

I think that’s a good route to continue down for an occasional player or two to complement our production line

I'd just rather put that £9,000,000 towards a bid for Berahino. Then go get Ings in the summer when we've shipped out Adebayor and Soldado.

Yeah - and Ings will go to a tribunal in the summer too. It's called 'development compensation' or something.

Basically players under 24 still cost you a reasonable wack, even when they are out of contract. It's why we sent Fryers to Belgium for 6 months to circumvent it.

If the manager wants the player spend the money now!
Don't try and chintz it through the window to be smart and clever Daniel.
Once again, if the manager wants it, back him and back him NOW.
Personally I don't see it with Ings, but I am not MP!!!!

I agree 100%. I'm also not sure what sort if development fee would be set for Ings. I put £5 million out there previously as a complete guess, but I'm not sure how the process works for a player such as him where he was purchased from another club so hasn't done all of his 'developing' at his current club?

If we're going to sign someone, then please make it Ings and not Berahino or Benteke. Both would cost us at least twice as much without being any better.

If we're going to sign someone, then please make it Ings and not Berahino or Benteke. Both would cost us at least twice as much without being any better.

Wow... I like zings and think he has something about him but both Benteke and Berahino and significantly more proven than him. Hence why their would be a price difference irrelevant of his contract status

For me I'd like Ings and Berahino... But maybe I'm just greedy

Benteke is proving that he's struggling to recapture his one season wonder form.

Berahino? Nothing at all.

Wow... I like zings and think he has something about him but both Benteke and Berahino and significantly more proven than him. Hence why their would be a price difference irrelevant of his contract status

For me I'd like Ings and Berahino... But maybe I'm just greedy

Ings has played twice as many senior games as Berahino (140 vs 70).

The only reason Ings is cheaper is because of his contract situation - Burnley would be demanding £20m for him too if that wasn't the case

Don't worry Levy has bid £3.42 for him and will be gobsmacked we don't get him, whilst also demanding £50m for Lennon, £75m for Paulinho and wondering why nobody buys them

Benteke is proving that he's struggling to recapture his one season wonder form.

Berahino? Nothing at all.
I find it strange that somebody could watch Berahino and not think he had all of the attributes required to be top class. Yes he still has to develop further and realise his potential, but the potential is clearly there.

Back