• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adrian Rabiot

I read rumours - italian one - that we have finished a loan deal with him and it contains a certain fee for turns the deal permenant after 6 monthes.

People really believe Levy has negotiated a contract that doesn't benefit us???

hahaha .. ****ing reaching doesn't begin to describe it

But it fits PERFECTLY. Nabil is at the ANC for a month, Mason is hurt, no, this is perfect! Cannot believe some of the comments here. This kid right be a monstrous addition for us. Imagine if he works out. Imagine if he and Bentaleb form a partnership together, which allows Nabil to venture further forward? Their combined age would be THIRTY NINE!!!! That's 8 years younger than ME!!!!!!!! THIS would be EXACTLY what we should all be dreaming about, because it would give us the platform and launch pad to ensure special stuff for a long time to come.

But it fits PERFECTLY. Nabil is at the ANC for a month, Mason is hurt, no, this is perfect!

Might very well be perfect Steff. But for those reasons?

19 year old kid. Has played a total of 290 minutes of first team football so far this season, so not exactly perfectly match fit. New to the team, new to the league, new to Pochettino. Very different league to the French, very different manager to Blanc, very different club to PSG. We've seen players like Fazio, Stambouli and Ben Davies get and take considerable time before getting even their first league start. Way more than a month. And they've been more experienced, older, and even in one case used to the league.

But this 19 year old is coming in to replace Nabil and/or Mason for the next month. This month that's here right now?

If he's really that good, at 19, new to the league and club we should offer more money. Whatever money we have to offer to make sure the deal is done for the long term because he'll be one hell of a player.

Blanc might not be there next season and he seems to be the main reason Rabiot, or rather his mother, wants out. For the PSG owners it's win-win. Keep him happy by sending him out on loan, possibly increasing the asking price, but retain ownership in case Blanc isn't there next season.

Blanc wants to hang onto him apparently...

"I've always said he's a boy I want to keep,” he told reporters. “My position is clear. He re-signed. He is part of the future of PSG. He is doing well after the first half of the season but it's very complicated on a personal level for him.

“I would like to keep him but this is a very complicated issue. I'll see if Adrian will be with us or not at the end of January. I want to keep him in the squad. I cannot be clearer."

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3921...-keep-blanc-keen-for-rabiot-stay?ICID=HP_TS_3

Andrew Gibney ‏@Gibney_A
Moussa Sissoko #Saudi Sportswashing Machine is in advanced talks with #PSG The signing would allow Rabiot to move on loan to #THFC

Might very well be perfect Steff. But for those reasons?

19 year old kid. Has played a total of 290 minutes of first team football so far this season, so not exactly perfectly match fit. New to the team, new to the league, new to Pochettino. Very different league to the French, very different manager to Blanc, very different club to PSG. We've seen players like Fazio, Stambouli and Ben Davies get and take considerable time before getting even their first league start. Way more than a month. And they've been more experienced, older, and even in one case used to the league.

But this 19 year old is coming in to replace Nabil and/or Mason for the next month. This month that's here right now?

If he's really that good, at 19, new to the league and club we should offer more money. Whatever money we have to offer to make sure the deal is done for the long term because he'll be one hell of a player.

Great counter points that are certainly worth a pause for thought mate...

I have heard it suggested that Lloris could end up at PSG in the summer and this is some sort of sweeter, but I don't buy it as I think it's even money Hugo will stay at least one more season given his captaincy and comfort in London.

Signing a kid, that few on here really know that much about, is perceived as a sweetener for us to sell one of our best players? :lol: *******s there if ever I heard it!

This seems to cover a few points:

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...transfer-news-rumors-adrien-rabiot-psg-update

Adrien Rabiot's contract holds the key to his Tottenham loan
By Michael Caley  @MC_of_A on Jan 5 2015

Another week, another step forward in Adrien Rabiot's loan move to Tottenham Hotspur. Today, the French new agency RMC has published an in-depth report on how this loan came to be and how Spurs became the favorites to win the young midfielder's services. It is written in an "our sources say" style which does not clearly lay out how well-sourced the narrative is. But the story RMC tells is compelling and highly plausible.

The key new piece of reporting here is on the French star's contract. Remember, there were a number of rumors surrounding Rabiot last summer because his contract with Paris Saint-Germain had run down. PSG seemed loath to let their teenage star go for less than a huge transfer fee, but Rabiot refused to re-sign. He started the season without a new contract and was left off the team sheet for months, seemingly as punishment. Finally, Rabiot signed a new contract and began to receive at least sporadic playing time.

It turns out, per RMC, that Rabiot's people made sure to include a clause that would allow him to go out on loan in January if he wanted.

Selon nos informations, le clan Rabiot a pris soin d'inclure dans ce nouveau contrat une clause permettant un prêt sans option d'achat lors du mercato d'hiver. Une option qui a de grandes chances d'être activée lors de ce mois de janvier.

This means that if Rabiot agrees with another club to take him on loan in January, PSG cannot object. This also explains why the reports have all been of a report with no option to buy—the contract only permits the loan if the agreement does not include such an option.

Further, RMC places Rabiot's wages at €250k per month gross. That's about £40-50k per week, which is easily within Tottenham's wage structure. RMC reports that Tottenham are prepared to pay 70 to 100 percent of the contract, but it seems unlikely that wages will be a deal-breaker.

Finally, the report explains how Tottenham became the front-runners for Rabiot even though just about anyone could have him on loan, per his contract. The key here is Veronique Rabiot, the midfielder's mother and agent. First, Roma approached about a loan, but they angered the Rabiots in some unspecified way. Arsenal were interested, but a loan with no option to buy was not good enough for the Gunners. Back in December, it was reported that Franco Baldini had met Veronique Rabiot and hashed out an agreement. At the time, this seemed like only part of the story, since PSG would have to approve any deal. But in fact, it seems that successful approach may be determinative, as a loan only requires Rabiot's agreement.

Now, it is only a six-month loan, nothing more. But the story of Rabiot at PSG does not read like a young man looking for a few starts elsewhere to prove himself to his parent club. His initial refusal to re-sign, then being frozen out of the squad, then getting only light playing time since, all sounds like a relationship in the process of breaking down. RMC reports that there is a "serious conflict" between PSG and Veronique Rabiot and that the only person at the club who speaks with her is assistant sporting director Olivier Létang. And Létang, the report explains with some irony, has been tasked with explaining why regular playing time would not be in Rabiot's interest. Yeah, that will go over well.

So, this all sounds like a very strong report to me. Rabiot would be coming on just a six-month loan with no option to buy, but given his fraught situation in Paris, a loan is also an opportunity. If the midfielder enjoys him time in London, gets a first-team role, and expresses to PSG that he does not want to return, that could form the basis for a permanent transfer agreement. It is a risk, but apparently it is a risk that Spurs are prepared to take.

This seems to cover a few points:

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...transfer-news-rumors-adrien-rabiot-psg-update

Adrien Rabiot's contract holds the key to his Tottenham loan
By Michael Caley  @MC_of_A on Jan 5 2015

Another week, another step forward in Adrien Rabiot's loan move to Tottenham Hotspur. Today, the French new agency RMC has published an in-depth report on how this loan came to be and how Spurs became the favorites to win the young midfielder's services. It is written in an "our sources say" style which does not clearly lay out how well-sourced the narrative is. But the story RMC tells is compelling and highly plausible.

The key new piece of reporting here is on the French star's contract. Remember, there were a number of rumors surrounding Rabiot last summer because his contract with Paris Saint-Germain had run down. PSG seemed loath to let their teenage star go for less than a huge transfer fee, but Rabiot refused to re-sign. He started the season without a new contract and was left off the team sheet for months, seemingly as punishment. Finally, Rabiot signed a new contract and began to receive at least sporadic playing time.

It turns out, per RMC, that Rabiot's people made sure to include a clause that would allow him to go out on loan in January if he wanted.

Selon nos informations, le clan Rabiot a pris soin d'inclure dans ce nouveau contrat une clause permettant un prêt sans option d'achat lors du mercato d'hiver. Une option qui a de grandes chances d'être activée lors de ce mois de janvier.

This means that if Rabiot agrees with another club to take him on loan in January, PSG cannot object. This also explains why the reports have all been of a report with no option to buy—the contract only permits the loan if the agreement does not include such an option.

Further, RMC places Rabiot's wages at €250k per month gross. That's about £40-50k per week, which is easily within Tottenham's wage structure. RMC reports that Tottenham are prepared to pay 70 to 100 percent of the contract, but it seems unlikely that wages will be a deal-breaker.

Finally, the report explains how Tottenham became the front-runners for Rabiot even though just about anyone could have him on loan, per his contract. The key here is Veronique Rabiot, the midfielder's mother and agent. First, Roma approached about a loan, but they angered the Rabiots in some unspecified way. Arsenal were interested, but a loan with no option to buy was not good enough for the Gunners. Back in December, it was reported that Franco Baldini had met Veronique Rabiot and hashed out an agreement. At the time, this seemed like only part of the story, since PSG would have to approve any deal. But in fact, it seems that successful approach may be determinative, as a loan only requires Rabiot's agreement.

Now, it is only a six-month loan, nothing more. But the story of Rabiot at PSG does not read like a young man looking for a few starts elsewhere to prove himself to his parent club. His initial refusal to re-sign, then being frozen out of the squad, then getting only light playing time since, all sounds like a relationship in the process of breaking down. RMC reports that there is a "serious conflict" between PSG and Veronique Rabiot and that the only person at the club who speaks with her is assistant sporting director Olivier Létang. And Létang, the report explains with some irony, has been tasked with explaining why regular playing time would not be in Rabiot's interest. Yeah, that will go over well.

So, this all sounds like a very strong report to me. Rabiot would be coming on just a six-month loan with no option to buy, but given his fraught situation in Paris, a loan is also an opportunity. If the midfielder enjoys him time in London, gets a first-team role, and expresses to PSG that he does not want to return, that could form the basis for a permanent transfer agreement. It is a risk, but apparently it is a risk that Spurs are prepared to take.

Can I ask, why is it a risk? We arent strenghtening a rival by giving this guy experience and need someone of his skillset to cover the loss of Bentaleb. If we cant sign him in the summer then we go after someone else....

amazing if true - we strengthen they weaken

I wouldnt go as far as saying 'amazing'. Saudi Sportswashing Machine arent exactly competitors of ours at teh moment, nor have they been for the past 10 years or so. When was the last time they finished in the top 5 or 6?

Back