• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

I have no idea, but we need strength in the middle, something we currently have none of.

I would rather have midfielders who can pass the ball. Utd arent exactly physical bully boys and a lumbering oaf like Capoue will just have rings run around him

I'd be tempted to bring Lennon in for Lamela -- it kinda gives Walker a rest, because Lennon will give him better cover and he will get down the wing himself, meanign Walker doesn't really have to. And obviously it gives Lamela a rest too. Bring Davies back in for Rose. Chadli got another assist today, he makes things happen, despite some weaknesses. Same for Eriksen and Kane, imo, they all have to play. Centre mids, I woud leave the same. Good passers will be useful for counter attacks.

------------------lloris
walker----fazio-----vert----davies
------------bentaleb---mason
-lennon------eriksen------chadli
-----------------kane

subs: vorm, chiriches, rose, dembele, lamela, townsend, soldado.

A8789_zpsd54d568d.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Manchester United on Sunday 28th December 2014 (KO 12:00) in the 19th round of matches in the 2014-15 season.
It will be the 186th meeting between the two clubs who were the "glamour teams" of the 1960s.

Spurs come into the match in 7th place on 30 points with United in 3rd place on 35 points.

Tottenham Hotspur's first meeting with Manchester United came in the old 1st round (today's 3rd round) of the FA Cup in January 1899 when United were known as Newton Heath. The match was drawn 1-1 at Northumberland Park, but Spurs won the replay 5-3 at Bank Street in Clayton, Manchester.

A decade later the two clubs met for the first time in a Football League match with United drawing 2-2 at White Hart Lane in the First Division.

The reverse fixture at Old Trafford was easilly won by United 5-0.

Tottenham's first League win over United came in November 1911 2-1 at Old Trafford.

Both clubs met for four seasons in the Second Division during the 1930s.

Since the start of football after WW2, all League meetings have taken place in the Top Flight of the English League system.

In 1952, both clubs toured North America and played two exhibition matches with Spurs winning 5-0 in Toronto, Canada and 7-1 in New York, USA.

The clubs were drawn together in the 1963-64 European Cup Winners' Cup with Spurs winning 2-0 at the Lane and United winning 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Old Trafford was the venue for the 1967 FA Charity Shield with League Champions United and FA Cup Winners Spurs drawing 3-3 in a game most remembered for goalkeeper Pat Jennings' long-range goal. The Charity Shield was shared.

August 1979 saw the clubs meet for the first time in the Football League Cup and Glenn Hoddle's magnificent volly was the winning goal in a 2-1 Spurs victory at White Hart Lane. United went on to win the second leg at Old Trafford 3-1.

In June 1983, the clubs played two matches in Swaziland, Southern Africa, resulting in a win each. Prior to this season, Spurs last win at Old Trafford came in December 1989 thanks to a Gary Lineker goal.

The clubs have only ever met in one Domestic Cup Final - the 2009 Football League (Carling) Cup Final at Wembley, which ended in a 0-0 draw after extra time. United won the subsequent penalty shoot-out.

Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur were founder members of the Premier League in 1992-93 and are two of the seven clubs who have been ever-present up to the 2013-14 season - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool being the other five.The fixtures during season 2010-11 saw United win 2-0 at Old Trafford in October while the reverse match at White Hart Lane ended in a 0-0 draw.

2010-11 was the first season when both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur competed together in the UEFA Champions League. Both clubs won their respective Group Stages and progressed to the Knock-Out Phase. Spurs eventually went out to Real Madrid in the Quarter Finals while Manchester United made it to the Final, only to lose to Barcelona.

The away 2011-12 fixture at Old Trafford in August resulted in a 3-0 win for United with goals from Danny Welbeck, who headed in Tom Cleverley's cross just after 60 minutes and he then produced a wonderful instinctive flick to set up a second for Anderson. Wayne Rooney scored with a pinpoint late header from Ryan Giggs's centre.

The game at White Hart Lane in March 2012 was won by United 3-1. Wayne Rooney scored on the stroke of half-time to put the visitors ahead at the break. Further goals were added with a brace from Ashely Young before Jermain Defoe got one back for Spurs with three minutes remaining.

Last season's fixture at Old Trafford resulted in an historic 3-2 win for Tottenham - their first in the League at Old Trafford in 23 years. Jan Vertonghen's second minute strike was deflected-in off Jonny Evans and Gareth Bale added a second goal after 32 minutes. United hit back through Luis Nani after 51 minutes but Spurs restored their two goal cushion a minute later with a Clint Dempsey goal. Shinji Kagawa scored United's second goal a minute later and Spurs survived the pressure for a United equaliser to come away with three very well earned points.

Former Manchester United defender Zeki Fryers joined Spurs in January 2013 from Standard Liege in Belgium.The match at White Hart Lane in January 2013 resulted in a 1-1 draw. Robin van Persie put United ahead on 25 minutes but an injury-time goal from Clint Dempsey meant the points were shared. United went on to win the Premier League Title and Sir Alex Ferguson resigned at the end of the season.

Kyle Walker put Spurs ahead after 18 minutes in the 2013-14 game at White Hart Lane in December but Wayne Rooney equalised in the 32nd minute.
Sandro's 54th minute goal was cancelled out by a Wayne Rooney penalty three minutes later for a final score of 2-2. Tottenham's good recent form against United continued on New Year's Day 2014 at Old Trafford with a 2-1 win. Emmanuel Adebayor put Spurs 1-0 up after 34 minutes and Chrisian Eriksen doubled the lead after 66 minutes. Danny Welbeck immediately pulled a goal back for United but Tottenham came away with all three points.

Overall, United have a very good record over Spurs with 86 wins to 51 with 48 of the 185 matches played so far drawn.

Jamie Attwell
David Beckham (United player, Spurs trainee)
Dimitar Berbatov
Bill Berry
Alan Brazil
Jimmy Brown
Fraizer Campbell
Michael Carrick
Garth Crooks

Harry Erentz
Quinton Fortune
Zeki Fryers
Terry Gibson

Tommy Gipps
Greoge Graham (United player, Spurs manager)
Jack Hall
Stewart Houston (United player, Spurs asst. manager)
David Gwilan Jones
Joe Jordan (United player, Spurs coach)
Cyril Knowles
Chris McGrath
James McNaught
Fred Milnes
Louis Saha
Teddy Sheringham

Against United

Walker ------ Fazio ------ Vert ------ Davies

--------------------Capoue--------------------

-----Dembele -----------------Paulinho------

-------------------Eriksen--------------------

----------Kane-------------Adebayor-------

Though Poch will probably just bring in Davies for Rose

Good GHod that team is simply awful

Indeed.
Nabil will have a monster game against them, just the player we need to take on the middle of that park against a (still) frail Utd side everywhere except upfront.
Agreed 100%, Davies for sure. I'd certainly see how Kyle is doing, but we do need to be careful with him.

If there was going to be a gamble selection, I'd say we look for Nobby upfront, Kane in the hole, Lennon on the right, Dembele on the left of that three and Eriksen starting alongside Bentaleb but on the strict proviso that he swaps off and switches with Dembele.

I think the ONLY way Dembele can really work well these days is as an attacking midfielder. He does well when he plays further forwards. Unorthodox but it 'might' be my gamble, though to be fair, the sort of gamble I'd take in the 65th -70 th min if needed; would likely sit with our more 'traditional' starters.

Who'd be a manager.

I agree with this line of thinking. Dembele is much better further forward nowadays and usually plays well against United. We need to bolster out midfield and with Kane's energy in the hole, we could really trouble Uniteds shaky defence.

While I would like to start with this formation,I also agree with you that this is only likely to happen later in the game.

Cant see replies on my phone but im assuming that opening team has been questioned? Ade? How fit do you think he is??

Anyway, this is gonna be a good game and one im looking forward to. Looking to keep my post hospital record to P4W4 :)

Cant see replies on my phone but im assuming that opening team has been questioned? Ade? How fit do you think he is??

Anyway, this is gonna be a good game and one im looking forward to. Looking to keep my post hospital record to P4W4 :)

Jesus Roy, don't band that performance record about! You may find a lot less helpful responses to the thread in random!

They will go for a 352 with likely a very close lineup to what they played today. I reckon if we play Kane and Eriksen as the free players off of Soldado with Chadli or Townsend holding the width on one side we may be able to cause them some headaches. If we can get our winger in behind their wingback and running at one of those wide CB's we will look dangerous. I think Mason and Bentaleb would actually do well against the UTD press as neither RVP or Mata strike me as players who are going to harass our back line all the time we are in possession.

----------------Lloris----------------------

Walker---Fazio---Vertonghen----Davies

-----------Mason---Dembele--------------

Lennon-------Eriksen--------------Chadli

-----------------Kane-----------------------

Fear we could get a real pasting as they are better going forward than us and are more clinical.

----------------Lloris----------------------

Walker---Fazio---Vertonghen----Davies

-----------Mason---Dembele--------------

Lennon-------Eriksen--------------Chadli

-----------------Kane-----------------------

Fear we could get a real pasting as they are better going forward than us and are more clinical.

This is the team for me

A mix of pace, power and guile in attack with a midfield that normally holds the ball well and our best defensive line up. Lamella could be argued should play right but we need a mix of pace which we don't have with him In the side

We shouldn't be adjusting our best available side to suit there's. Yes there above us in the league but some of their results vs performances have been criminal. Their a decent side at the moment but some way IMO from the level needed to remain in the top 4.... But stranger things have happened

They have some great footballers but seem to lack at the moment players who can put their hard tackles in. Will be a very interesting game to watch as there should be a real mix of styles

Lloris

Chiriches
Fazio
Vertonghen
Davies

Capoue
Dembele

Lennon
Eriksen
Townsend

Ade

Subs: Vorm, Dier, Rose, Mason, Lamela, Chadli, Kane

7 changes. We have a squad and with this dangerously short turnaround time, now is the game to use it. (Not like our first choice 11 played well today, although I still expect most to be back for Chelsea.)

Lloris

Chiriches
Fazio
Vertonghen
Davies

Capoue
Dembele

Lennon
Eriksen
Townsend

Ade

Subs: Vorm, Dier, Rose, Mason, Lamela, Chadli, Kane

7 changes. We have a squad and with this dangerously short turnaround time, now is the game to use it. (Not like our first choice 11 played well today, although I still expect most to be back for Chelsea.)

This would be my team bar Capoue - I'd play Mason instead. United are vulnerable to pace and width and we can get an extra advantage by utilizing fresher legs - which they're less able to do due to injuries.

Wtf are all the calls for Capoue and Dembele all about?
Another case of our players turning into superstars on this forum once they are left out of the team.

We can beat United on our day at home. There's no point in resting players for Chelsea.

------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

Walker---------------Fazio--------Verts----------------Davies

--------------------Mason---------Bentaleb----------------------

------------Lennon---------Soldado-----------Eriksen-----------

-----------------------------Kane---------------------------------

2-1

Feel safer starting with Lennon in the team against the better teams.Can always take him off if he offers nothing/isnt needed.

Last edited:
Back