• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

I'll be heading down to LA from San Francisco for the match vs. Robbie Keane's boyhood club for sure. I fully expect him to offer to host. Possibly a Dublin-esque couple of days, complete with Keano Karaoke. Along with Steff, I run SF Spurs supporters' club, so anyone interested in getting to the SoCal match, please let me know!

Think it is right we try to get more american fans, because one american probably spends the same on the team as 10 asians.
Wrong, surely?

We should target China, surely - I don't understand why we aren't in China each year. An extra couple of hours on the plane is naff all compared to a billion customers

Wrong, surely?

We should target China, surely - I don't understand why we aren't in China each year. An extra couple of hours on the plane is naff all compared to a billion customers

My names not shirley.

China i can understand but we got other places in asia where i do not see the point, im just pro american so i like the idea of us going out there, japan would be nice to but i think a bit far for the players. Coming back from america it was only 7 hours on the plane. I think it will raise our profile in america and i read somewhere that americans spend the most in the world supporting their sports teams.

i read somewhere that americans spend the most in the world supporting their sports teams.
yes, their teams.

Not ours.

They have plenty of sports to support. They even have mls soccer.

What do the Chinese have to compete with Spurs' affections?

Major league bukkake?

Chairman Mao racing?

i miss when preseason was playing every saturday and wednesday at brick grounds up and down the country the likes of peterborough swindon oxford etc understand its now about expanding the 'brand' and what not just miss those summer evenings

Couldn't find a pre season thread but a heads up we're playing Valencia away on Thursday 9th of August confirmed by Espn who will be showing the game don't know what their status is atm regarding their new stadium but I recommend anyone thinking of going to do so absolutely quality old school stadium what better excuse to take the mrs for a break to a European city?

Would defo be up for that, good spot WhoopWhoop...

Id hoped if Ledley retires the sunday before the season may have been a farewell game / testimonial for him

Sandro would be utterly confused.

I imagine Sandro running back and forth winning the ball for either team, passing it to Modric or Bale for us, then winning it back again to pass it to Moura or Neymar or someone, then win it back again, repeat for 90 minutes.

Would defo be up for that, good spot WhoopWhoop...

Id hoped if Ledley retires the sunday before the season may have been a farewell game / testimonial for him

I'm obviously miles away, but I've heard while the Olympics are on, we cant play any home games. Which rules out the usual friendly the weekend before the league starts.
I dont know if any of the locals can confirm this?

Back