• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Swansea City OMT ***

My point is the credit Rose gets ("About time we had a nasty tackler") and Lennon gets ("hard working") cant be applied to Lamela by those same people because he cost £30m (even though it was £26m).
The same way Bale got tons of abuse for not being in games much (until he put in the top corner in the same game) for playing on the right hand side of the pitch("****ing ego" "up himself prick" "he plays on the left").
Its all because they expect more.

We end up making heroes of the likes of Lennon and Rose.

Eriksen was getting abuse around a month ago.
Wait until Kane gets too tired to score nearly every game. All the talk will be of him being **** and "found out".

I agree to an extent but then there's a difference between getting stuck in and swinging an elbow at a player, that's just wreckless and he could quite easily have gone for it. Rose did something similarly stupid a few years ago at Villa Park but that time he wasn't so lucky, after that fans were baying for blood and wanted him out of the club. You'll always have some fans who base everything off the last game, it's nothing new but then holding a grudge against a player for past failures isn't fair either. Rose has performed well this season and Lennon did too when he came in.

If Danny Rose has been doing it people would be rubbing their hands together thinking hes the type of player we need.
Lamela didnt even get booked!

Lamela was disposed 4 times and made 8 unsuccessful passes. That 12 times he lost the ball in 82 minutes.
Chadli lost it 3 times in 8 minutes ffs. Dembele 8 times in 35 minutes.

But of course who are right. Leave a knackered Soldado on after his third start in 8 days too.

Every error , every failed attempt is being picked up on by those that don't rate him . It's as if we've got a team, that's cohesive in it's play , a team full of confidence and that despite the young player being given the platform to showcase his talent, he continuously ****ks up.

It's clear we 're a team lacking in quality going forward. Soldado and all four of the midfield players were poor in their attacking play. Kane of the front six, was they only player that did well attacking wise so to single out Lamela for criticism is a bit of a strange one .

We're a young team that is struggling to be cohesive in our play but the players are digging deep and are showing a good sign of togetherness. The players are leaving it all out there on the pitch, but this is constantly being overlooked by some, because of a misplaced pass and because we're not steam rolling teams.

Posters with their innumerable posts and their bile aimed at our players , I don't get it .

Here's my order of where Poch went wrong

- We needed a sub at HT (see my HT post), it was clear if we didn't change something we were highly likely to concede.
- Lamela was giving away the ball, causing fouls, could have been sent off twice, so he had to come off (Poch made a huge unnecessary gamble that would have backfired if the ref made a different choice)
- Chadli/Dembele for Lamela would have been obvious
- Stambouli in for one of Mason/Bentaleb would have been the second obvious play (see if we got hold of midfield and give our front two more service)
- Soldado off would have been my last play, big part because of the message dropping to one striker sends

All subs should have been done by 70-75 minutes.

My opinion remains Poch missed his opportunity to proactively affect the game, when we fell behind he made no attempt to win it, just trying to hold on for a draw and individual endeavor from Kane/Eriksen won the game.

Outside of a reasonable first 11 selection, I say no progress in style/system/managerial impact

My oh my you really are talking rubbish! Lamela was poor, I'll give you that but the sheer arrogance in what you are saying is staggering! You actually believe you know more than the manager!

Looking at the whole picture, Poch's decisions won the game and proactively affected it therefore! Stambouli and dembele played their part on putting Swansea on the backfoot and that lead to a winning goal.

I mean come on! Sheer endeavour?? **** me did you watch spurs when Bale was about? His endeavour was the single most important thing that separated us from where we were to, well, where we are now!

I'm baffled by Poch sometimes, the way we have played this season and the poor home form but give the guy credit today ffs! You're so desperate to prove your point you've come across a little ridiculous I'm afraid!

My point is the credit Rose gets ("About time we had a nasty tackler") and Lennon gets ("hard working") cant be applied to Lamela by those same people because he cost £30m (even though it was £26m).
The same way Bale got tons of abuse for not being in games much (until he put in the top corner in the same game) for playing on the right hand side of the pitch("****ing ego" "up himself prick" "he plays on the left").
Its all because they expect more.

We end up making heroes of the likes of Lennon and Rose.

Eriksen was getting abuse around a month ago.
Wait until Kane gets too tired to score nearly every game. All the talk will be of him being **** and "found out".

The reason I'm critical of Lamella is that he simply has no impact positively on any league game that I can remember

Today he started well and i was think this could be the game... But he quickly lost it and started to get involved in scraps whilst losing the ability to pass to a spurs player. The guy simply has no brain.

He does not look like the player I saw at Roma who was Bale esque. He looks like a really poor wide player who tries hard but lacks basic awareness and skills

My point being that he is not a clinical striker, he's a decent striker who this season has scored 8 goals , two more than Chadli or Eriksen who are midfielders and 6 less than Aguero who I would consider clinical , I hope that this clarifies my point and makes it easy to understand, I don't recall anyone claimiing he wasn't a goal scorer

He put himself about, caused problems and looks like a premiership striker who has scored goals. This is what we are lacking, clinical finishers don't come cheap or end up at clubs not in the CL these days! Look at both your examples, for example.

Lamella was poor, and I like him by the way. I think the booking for walker nullified that side for us. Their left side looked to get on to walker at every opportunity knowing he had been booked but also that he was rusty and probably tire. So Lamella had to keep one eye on that.
We were poor today but showed a lot of character and stamina. Mason is starting to look jaded. Going the same way Bentaleb went last season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He put himself about, caused problems and looks like a premiership striker who has scored goals. This is what we are lacking, clinical finishers don't come cheap or end up at clubs not in the CL these days! Look at both your examples, for example.

You are correct, and I wouldn't mind us signing him , but as others have pointed out he'll probably be too expensive for us.

My oh my you really are talking rubbish! Lamela was poor, I'll give you that but the sheer arrogance in what you are saying is staggering! You actually believe you know more than the manager!

Looking at the whole picture, Poch's decisions won the game and proactively affected it therefore! Stambouli and dembele played their part on putting Swansea on the backfoot and that lead to a winning goal.

I mean come on! Sheer endeavour?? **** me did you watch spurs when Bale was about? His endeavour was the single most important thing that separated us from where we were to, well, where we are now!

I'm baffled by Poch sometimes, the way we have played this season and the poor home form but give the guy credit today ffs! You're so desperate to prove your point you've come across a little ridiculous I'm afraid!

sorry mate .. you aren't going to win me over with your dismissal and personal **** ..

we got the first goal because of the starting lineup (which was good)

we got more and more under pressure and at the end of the 1st half it looked like we would either concede (specifically with no one getting close to Bony) and/or get a man sent off.

Poch did nothing to address and we fell behind (go watch my comments at HT, yes I saw it coming), in my opinion he made the wrong subs, went defensive to avoid losing and two players didn't get the memo.

Kane had a passing accuracy of 70%, meaning he gave away the ball more often than Lamela. Why isn't he getting bashed?

Are you talking about 'passing' or 'loss of possession'?

I would be amazed if Lamela was better at keeping the ball than Kane, let alone doing anything significant with it.

sorry mate .. you aren't going to win me over with your dismissal and personal **** ..

we got more and more under pressure and at the end of the 1st half it looked like we would either concede (specifically with no one getting close to Bony) and/or get a man sent off.

Poch did nothing to address and we fell behind (go watch my comments at HT, yes I saw it coming), in my opinion he made the wrong subs, went defensive to avoid losing and two players didn't get the memo.

Sorry, absolutely disagree. He replaced tired or increasingly overrun players. Mason is knackered and needs a proper rest. Strombolliniburger did an adequate and effective job in keeping some presence alongside Bentaleb. As for Dembele, he played him in the 10, further up, and that is probably the BEST place for him right now. It allowed Eriksen the freedom to drift into spaces from wider positions and find pockets (like the one he scored from) and Kane took up the slack upfront. Probably the only criticism I could have of Dembele today is he wasn't quick enough to support Kane through the middle at the end when Harry was through on goal from the left. In fact the only sub which added nothing was the 'attacking' one in shadily, who looked today like it was a bit too cold for him!!!!!

How does Ben Davies fit into your narrative of the winning goal? You know, when Kane pressed them up to their corner flag he didn't do so on his own, or just with him and Eriksen! If they had done that, guess what, Swansea would have passed through them. But no, we put good pressure on them as a team and our left back being half the way into their half picking the ball up is a pretty obvious sign of that.

Whoscored has a chalkboard that can be adjusted to just include some periods of the game: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829668/Live

Last 10 minutes + added time we had 3 shots, they had none. We have passes all over the pitch. I really don't think that's what we would see if we as a team were just sitting back playing for the draw with two players going off the reservation.

Chadli did no better than Lamela despite having fresh legs. After the 2-1 goal Poch seemed to be absolutely screaming at him to get back into positions whereas Lamela had actually put a shift in all day.

Delighted with the win but disappointed with our performance. After scoring the early goal, we should have dominated the match and scored more. Instead, we let Swansea dominate us after that and was very fortunate to get the win in the end. This match proved yet again that we need a midfield enforcer to control the midfield. Swansea, like all other teams simply went past our midfield as if they didn't exist.

We again have to thank Eriksen for bailing us out. He created the goal for Kane with a inch perfect corner and then scored a brilliant goal out of nothing when we needed it badly. That was Eriksen's 6th league goal of the season which is the same as Chadli. Eriksen is fast becoming a key player who we cannot do without. Always felt Eriksen can win the match for us if he gets the chance. Pochettino really should built the team around Eriksen by giving him a free role in midfield. He is so good at creating chances and scoring it himself. Credit to Kane for scoring our first goal. But Kane really should have scored a hattrick. He should have done better with the header and the one-on-one chance in the second half. It is clear Kane needs more experience to finish off those chances. In contrast, Soldado were not at all involved in the game.

Really disappointed with our midfield which were very poor again. Not sure why Pochettino continue to play Mason and Bentaleb together as they are too inexperienced and had never been convincing together. They were outplayed by the Swansea for most of the match. We should have played Capoue or Stambouli to give more protection to our defence. Lamela was so uninspiring again. Thought Chadli should have started in place of Lamela but even Chadli was so poor when he came on.

Thought our defence had a decent game despite conceding the goal. Ofcourse we should have done better with their goal and were fortunate not to concede more. But there were many crucial tackles from Vertonghen, Fazio and Davies to save our goal which was encouraging. Felt Fazio's defending is improving as he made many crucial tackles and blocks.

It was nice to get that win before we meet Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the League Cup quarter final. Ofcourse we need to improve a lot. Hopefully we will strengthen the team in the January transfer window.

Really enjoyed that winning goal from Eriksen ! It was such a joy went he scored that goal. I simply went wild while my 10yo and 7yo nephews ran around the house and celebrated like mad, the eldest ripping off his shirt and throwing it in sheer delight :lol:! Even the normally-muted Pochettino went wild with his celebration. Thanks Eriksen for that joyful moment =D>!

Why is Lamellas challenges being singled out? What about williams? That kick at Harry was a straight red card. Or verts slide tackle?

Why is Lamellas challenges being singled out? What about williams? That kick at Harry was a straight red card. Or verts slide tackle?

well Williams plays for them, with verts I don't think it was a tackle, he went to ground to collect and control the ball, routledge arrived a long time after and ran into him

Enjoy the win folks. Don't focus on the negatives. Those fleeting moments are what football is all about.

Sorry I wasn't very clear, not just on here but in the media as well.

Back