• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Does Soldado have a brother? to be honest I am confused now.

:ross:

Was disappointed he was taken off on 55 personally I felt Lamela should've come off. Some are saying Poch tried to balance things out but I felt it was a negative sub and dents Soldados confidence further. Arguably paid off in the end though.

I'm worried for Soldado and an offer of reasonable value in January he could be off.

Was disappointed he was taken off on 55 personally I felt Lamela should've come off. Some are saying Poch tried to balance things out but I felt it was a negative sub and dents Soldados confidence further. Arguably paid off in the end though.

I'm worried for Soldado and an offer of reasonable value in January he could be off.

Cant see him going in Jan. We only ave 2 CFs as it is

How can it be a negative decision if it paid off? It was a perfect tactical change which won us the game at the end.

I don't give a cr8p if it dents Soldado's confidence. I am sick and tired of excuses. FFS if he cannot cut it, he needs to get the hell out of the team!

How can it be a negative decision if it paid off? It was a perfect tactical change which won us the game at the end.

I don't give a cr8p if it dents Soldado's confidence. I am sick and tired of excuses. FFS if he cannot cut it, he needs to get the hell out of the team!
How many top level strikers do you think we can buy in one January window? Remember how sparse the options tend to be for top players in this window.

I'd be surprised if we can find one at anything like a decent price and Soldado is a very, very distant second in the "strikers we need to replace" category.

How many top level strikers do you think we can buy in one January window? Remember how sparse the options tend to be for top players in this window.

I'd be surprised if we can find one at anything like a decent price and Soldado is a very, very distant second in the "strikers we need to replace" category.

Honestly I don't care anymore. I have totally given up on him and would rather play Harry on his own or even Chadli over Sold-a-dud. Unlike you I have no personal hate of Adebayor and don't think he is that much worse.

The forward to partner Kane is the weakest link in the team right now -- if we get someone good in that position, we'll be a much better side. They don't have to be "top level" they just have to do a lot better than Soldado and Ade, who have both been utter rubbish this season (or in the case of Soldado, his entire Spurs career). It must be the number one priority, to get a forward.

The bloke received absolutely zero service. None.

We have no width and nobody playing balls through the middle. It invariably goes to Lamela/Eriksen, they cut inside or pass across the middle until it all comes to nothing.

Yes he has missed chances, but lets be fair the creative play behind him is totally lacking.

Poor Bobby, doesn't have the others spoon feeding him. Maybe if he had a bit more about him he could work his way into a game rather than ambling around like a feeble old man. Even when others do put it on a plate for him he misses. If it wasn't for Jozy Altidore he'd be the worst striker in the league, I'm throwing a party when we get rid of this waster.

We have no width and nobody playing balls through the middle. It invariably goes to Lamela/Eriksen, they cut inside or pass across the middle until it all comes to nothing.

Yes he has missed chances, but lets be fair the creative play behind him is totally lacking.

Part of the reason he doesn't get service is that he isn't quick enough or strong enough to receive it. I can't think of many strikers who have flourished in England who didn't have at least one of these attributes going for them. If you're quick, you can get on the end of a through-pass, you can lead a counter attack. If you're strong, you can bully your way in and get some space that way (Drogba like). He doesn't look like a good fit for a Premier League club. And when he does get chances, he tends to shank them wide or over the bar.

I agree on that he have no service. But he doesn't create anything by himself. Look at Bony and Kane today. Both could create something out of nothing. Soldado never does..

stop-making-excuses.jpg

Part of the reason he doesn't get service is that he isn't quick enough or strong enough to receive it. I can't think of many strikers who have flourished in England who didn't have at least one of these attributes going for them. If you're quick, you can get on the end of a through-pass, you can lead a counter attack. If you're strong, you can bully your way in and get some space that way (Drogba like). He doesn't look like a good fit for a Premier League club. And when he does get chances, he tends to shank them wide or over the bar.

The reason he doesn't get any service is that no bugger has any creative spark apart from Eriksen, who is hidden on the left.

I watch Soldado's movement and it is very good. But the middle of the park gets so bloody congested, and play slows down so much that his runs are often pointless.

As for forwards who flourished without strength or pace...

- Sheringham
- Bergkamp
- Andy Cole
- Fowler
- Zola

Off the top of my head.

The reason he doesn't get any service is that no bugger has any creative spark apart from Eriksen, who is hidden on the left.

I watch Soldado's movement and it is very good. But the middle of the park gets so bloody congested, and play slows down so much that his runs are often pointless.

As for forwards who flourished without strength or pace...

- Sheringham
- Bergkamp
- Andy Cole
- Fowler
- Zola

Off the top of my head.

Any from this millenium?

Poor Bobby, doesn't have the others spoon feeding him. Maybe if he had a bit more about him he could work his way into a game rather than ambling around like a feeble old man. Even when others do put it on a plate for him he misses. If it wasn't for Jozy Altidore he'd be the worst striker in the league, I'm throwing a party when we get rid of this waster.

he's not even the worst striker at Spurs

I agree on that he have no service. But he doesn't create anything by himself. Look at Bony and Kane today. Both could create something out of nothing. Soldado never does..

Because that's not his game. He's an out and out striker who needs service. You cannot compare him to Kane or Bony.

Don't get me wrong, his finishing has been very disappointing. But to write off every other aspect of his game is ludicrous.

Not his fault this game. our mid was overrun today

Because that's not his game. He's an out and out striker who needs service. You cannot compare him to Kane or Bony.

Don't get me wrong, his finishing has been very disappointing. But to write off every other aspect of his game is ludicrous.

You are truly scraping the barrel, mate

"Out and out strikers" thrive on half chances. Soldado cannot even hit the net from two yards out - and there have been too many of those to count!!!

You are truly scraping the barrel, mate

"Out and out strikers" thrive on half chances. Soldado cannot even hit the net from two yards out - and there have been too many of those to count!!!

I'd love to see a list of missed chances from two yards out. He has certainly missed 'chances', but lets not try and make out that they have all been easy chances. Gettable, yes, nailed on certain goals, no.

Back