• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Surprised not even one post discussing his misses on Saturday???

For all the moans and groans - had he scored when he was clear through, we would be celebrating a hard fought win... Yes - our defence is poor and our midfield has lots of problems. But how long can a team carry a useless centre forward who can only be measured in terms of goals scored...

For all the moans and groans - had he scored when he was clear through, we would be celebrating a hard fought win... Yes - our defence is poor and our midfield has lots of problems. But how long can a team carry a useless centre forward who can only be measured in terms of goals scored...
I think we have got so used to it, that we have now simply come to expect it.

I was surprised as well, but maybe I just missed them if Mumorn says they were discussed.

The header from Eriksons cross was the one that I think cost us the game, a striker on form or with confidence puts that away. This then changes the whole game Palace have to come out and attack or at the very least open up a little. This is the big difference with us and top 4 clubs at the moment, if half a chance is created they take them while we miss them, it frustrates the crowd which is then felt by the players their confidence drops and it becomes a never ending loop.

I would love Soldado to start banging them in but I truly dont believe he ever will for us. You can keep faith in players for too long, football is a results business Soldado isnt working for us its time to ship him out and try someone else.

Sometimes you have to be ruthless

I was surprised as well, but maybe I just missed them if Mumorn says they were discussed.

The header from Eriksons cross was the one that I think cost us the game, a striker on form or with confidence puts that away. This then changes the whole game Palace have to come out and attack or at the very least open up a little. This is the big difference with us and top 4 clubs at the moment, if half a chance is created they take them while we miss them, it frustrates the crowd which is then felt by the players their confidence drops and it becomes a never ending loop.

I would love Soldado to start banging them in but I truly dont believe he ever will for us. You can keep faith in players for too long, football is a results business Soldado isnt working for us its time to ship him out and try someone else.

Sometimes you have to be ruthless

Fully agree, its a bit like Chelsea persisting with Torres when every fan of other teams could see it wasn't going t happen for him there.
After the goal v Everton I was fooled again into thinking he would go on a run but the chances on Sat were poor especially the one he scewed away off.
Here's hoping but not hopeful[-o<

He's been a disaster and in terms of value for money he must be the worst signing in the club's history. How much is he worth now? I can't see who's out there that would drop £10m on him, maybe a rich Eastern European or Saudi side if we're lucky.

Fully agree, its a bit like Chelsea persisting with Torres when every fan of other teams could see it wasn't going t happen for him there.
After the goal v Everton I was fooled again into thinking he would go on a run but the chances on Sat were poor especially the one he scewed away off.
Here's hoping but not hopeful[-o<

Actually the shot for the Everton goal was so centrally placed, if Howard had not flailed his arms and just remained on his feet he would probably have blocked.

I have wanted Soldado to succeed as much as any but - as perfectly mentioned - he has become our Torres. And as Mourinho did so ruthlessly, Poch has to do the same.

Torres played nearly 200 games for chelsea, he was given a propa chance to come out of his dip in form. Soldado has played 40 odd…he deserves full backing till at least the summer, i believe its more likely he will discover his eye for goal then not.

Torres played nearly 200 games for chelsea, he was given a propa chance to come out of his dip in form. Soldado has played 40 odd…he deserves full backing till at least the summer, i believe its more likely he will discover his eye for goal then not.

I support him I would never boo him but he drives me insane with his finishing. I can't see him ever getting his lethal touch back.

How do u believe he will get his eye back just through playing games?

Some ppl can't deal with pressure I think he's got the price tag and the fact he's been pants on his mind every time he plays

I support him I would never boo him but he drives me insane with his finishing. I can't see him ever getting his lethal touch back.

How do u believe he will get his eye back just through playing games?

Some ppl can't deal with pressure I think he's got the price tag and the fact he's been pants on his mind every time he plays

I just think with the finishing prowess he has shown previously that you don't just stop being able to finish.
His all round game has been good recently, thats the most important part, the goals we can only hope will come.
He has been unlucky on a few occasions recently, as well as missing some he should be taking, i still think they will come.

I thought the one from Davies' pull back was the easier one. He did go up a bit too early for the header, but I still think it was a tad too high for him even if he had jumped on time.

It literally is time to put this guy out of his misery IMO.

Lets face it:

*If he didn't cost the club £26m; or
*Jay Rodriguez was fit

He wouldn't even be here.

He's being played out of necessity in terms of no other options rather than based on him being good enough

Liverpool lost Suarez and Sturridge and have stopped scoring goals.

Fabio Borini is clearly not good enough, it is obvious.

Ditto Soldado, he is our Borini, our Jo, our Francis Jeffers, time to stop being romantic and get a real finisher in there who lives to smack it, scrape it, push it or claw it over the line in every game.

Wrong and wrong.

Sure hope you remember to demand the same scrutiny of Kane when he misses chances and whoever next we bring in.

Yes, Soldado should have scored at least one of minimum three chances
Yes, Soldado has been a failure for/at Spurs

Yet in context of the Sunday game, in my opinion it would be wrong to have a go at Soldado

- Played previous week-end, missed a couple of chances then eventually scored in end (supplied by Lennon)
- Gets dropped midweek
- Plays Sunday, missed at least 3 chances, playing in a struggling lineup without Lennon, by time Lennon comes on, Poch has taken him off

If you want a go at a striker Sunday, it would be Kane who barely touched the ball and in general had his worst game in a year for us (but you shouldn't because he has earned his run)

Truth is, yes, one of those chances that Soldado worked to make happen, he should have put away and it would have likely won us the game.

However we failed to win because Poch ****ed up and still can't get this side to play properly.

I just think with the finishing prowess he has shown previously that you don't just stop being able to finish.
His all round game has been good recently, thats the most important part, the goals we can only hope will come.
He has been unlucky on a few occasions recently, as well as missing some he should be taking, i still think they will come.

I couldn't disagree more goals are more important from a CF. Especially because I think if Kane were playing in the more advanced role he would have surely buried one of those chances against Palace

I couldn't disagree more goals are more important from a CF. Especially because I think if Kane were playing in the more advanced role he would have surely buried one of those chances against Palace

Really? did you watch Kane play against Palace? he was shot, when Kane is not at his high energy best, he's slow ...

Truth is simple, we need another striker in January, just like we needed another striker in summer .. lets see how it plays out

Agreed! And lets face it folks, we ain't gonna make top four this season are we! Chelsea, City, Arsenal will take three of them as per usual. Then the usual suspects of Man U, Liverpool, Everton will be there or thereabouts and throw in a potential curve ball team who might hang around long enough to make it interesting - we're gonna struggle with the form we're in.

So lets stop worrying about 4th (or even a 5th/6th Europa place) and, as Kaboom has said, give Soldado a proper chance with a full run in the team. None of this in the 11 one week and out the next, 60mins here and there crap. I know some will argue he's had a "proper chance", but for me it's still been to sporadic to really give the guy a real chance.

2 questions.

1. Has Soldado ever started 2 games in a row for Spurs yet (post AVB)?
2. Has he ever started a game after scoring a goal in a previous one? (post AVB)?

Back