• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Crystal Palace

lloris 8
dier 6
fazio 7
davies 8
bentelb 5
mason5
lamela 5 taken off at half time for chadli lol
eriksen 5 he kept puting stupid crosses in
verts 6
kane 2 was rubbish and should have com e off. he looks tired
soldado 4 2 good chances both he wasted

chadli came on at half time for lamela. stupid sub imo
then an even worse sub paullino for mason.
then lennon came on with 6 mins left.

Do people just argue and ignore the point?

It's not the subs/changes, it's the effect on pace/formation

Everton showed the formation/pace that worked

- Soldado out for an extra midfielder against Cheat$ki can make sense
- Lamela for Lennon doesn't maker sense when we have struggled all season with being too narrow

This place changes like the wind. If someone had suggested 3 weeks ago that Lennon should be playing every week they'd have been hammered because 'Lennons never lived up to his potential and should be sold in jan'.

Now he's the answer? I rate him by the way, and I agree with you that he provides width and we look better with him in the side, but the likelihood is he was tired since he hadn't played much football up until this week.

Based solely on Sky-lights so maybe somewhat jaundiced ...

Lloris 8 - crucial saves, MotM

Dier 5 - struggled to contain Molasie and the tricky Zaha - but thankfully no brainfarts - eh Chiriches?

Fazio 7 - solid

Vertonghen 7 - mercifully normal service after his torrid time at the Bridge

Davies 7 - decent

Lamela 6 - couple of good moments but too little invovled

Mason 6 - some neat work but nothing specail

Bentaleb 7 - put in a shift

Eriksen 7 - energetic and committed as well as skilful - our best outfield player today

Kane 6 - some neat touches but lacked edge

Soldado 5 - I despair

Subs

Chadli 5

Lennon 5

Paulinho 4

Lloris 7

Dier 6
Fazio 7
Vertonghen 7
Davies 6

Mason 6
Bentaleb 6

Lamela 4
Kane 5
Eriksen 6

Soldado 4

Our best players were our centre backs and keeper which says a lot about the performance of the rest of the team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Based solely on Sky-lights so maybe somewhat jaundiced ...

Lloris 8 - crucial saves, MotM

Dier 5 - struggled to contain Molasie and the tricky Zaha - but thankfully no brainfarts - eh Chiriches?

Fazio 7 - solid

Vertonghen 7 - mercifully normal service after his torrid time at the Bridge

Davies 7 - decent

Lamela 6 - couple of good moments but too little invovled

Mason 6 - some neat work but nothing specail

Bentaleb 7 - put in a shift

Eriksen 7 - energetic and committed as well as skilful - our best outfield player today

Kane 6 - some neat touches but lacked edge

Soldado 5 - I despair

Subs

Chadli 5

Lennon 5

Paulinho 4

No way Kane gets a higher mark than Soldado in this game ... not even close

I think I voted Eriksen our man of the match in the survey, but Lloris was clearly our best, so I take that back. Eriksen was a good second for me though. At least he tried. We did look tired out there today. Not a lot of initiative, and we spent far too much time on the ball. Dier is just not a right-back, can not start another game there now. Paulinho proved yet again why he's got no future at the club, in my opinion. Lamela was horrible today, barely managed to do a single thing right. And I'm really quite a fan of his. His successful pass rate overall this season can't be very good. But as with a lot of our players, seems to have a weak mentality at the moment, doesn't seem to manage to step it up. We look like a group of players in bad need of some group cognitive therapy.

I was hoping we were about to pick ourselves up following the good win against Everton, but it's a case of one step forward, two steps back, it seems. We need to string a few good matches together pretty soon, or I can see a lot of fans turning on Poch (as many have already).

No way Kane gets a higher mark than Soldado in this game ... not even close

I make no apology for the fact my rating of Soldado is coloured by the extraordinary number of chances he gets and continually misses. After the Everton game I thought, okay maybe now at long last he'll start putting them away a bit more often but ... well i suppose i should have known better.

Like I said, I despair.

I make no apology for the fact my rating of Soldado is coloured by the extraordinary number of chances he gets and continually misses. After the Everton game I thought, okay maybe now at long last he'll start putting them away a bit more often but ... well i suppose i should have known better.

Like I said, I despair.

Mate .. if you want to give Soldado a poor rating, go ahead, he should have scored at least 1 of his 3 chances.

But .. Kane had a awful game, barely touched the ball, contributed nothing, didn't get into scoring positions and looked completely pedestrian (knackered obviously)

Whatever you gave Soldado today, minus 2 points and you would be generous to Kane.

Hindsight is 20:20 of course, but it looks like a bad error now by Poch not to rest a few - Kane, Eriksen, Mason especially - on Wednesday. Given the amount of running they completed last Sunday, the unlikelihood of us picking up anything at the Bridge, how useful 3 points today would have been, and how shattered the lads looked against Palace.

Mate .. if you want to give Soldado a poor rating, go ahead, he should have scored at least 1 of his 3 chances.

But .. Kane had a awful game, barely touched the ball, contributed nothing, didn't get into scoring positions and looked completely pedestrian (knackered obviously)

Whatever you gave Soldado today, minus 2 points and you would be generous to Kane.

As I already pointed out, my ratings were 'Based solely on Sky-lights so maybe somewhat jaundiced ... '

;)

- Lamela for Lennon doesn't maker sense when we have struggled all season with being too narrow

Against Everton we had 40% possession. Against Palace we had 61% possession. Two completely different games. What works in one might not work in another.

When was the last time Lennon was effective against teams sitting back, defending deep and allowing us the ball on the half way line?

Think you've just proved your own point there about arguing for the sake of it! Someone said it was obvious in hindsight that he should have rested more at Chelsea, I was merely pointing out that he rested one player and got slated for it, I didn't mention anything about yesterday's game and the changes made there.

8 - Lloris (MoTM)
7 - Eriksen (our best player in 1st half, faded away a bit in the 2nd... probably because of subs)
6 - Vertonghen, Fazio, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Paulinho
5 - Kane, Soldado, Chadli, Lennon
4 - Lamela...... Dier.......

5.5 - Poch

Last edited:
Back