• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

So who do you drop to give that width? Eriksen? so we play Lamela wide left and Lennon wide right? Because it looks like we do not press the ball well enough to not have 2 defensive midfielders at the moment and soldado cannot play on his own.

Do we need two DMs standing no more than 10 yards from each other, passing backwards and sideways or shooting waste fully. But far more importantly getting in each other's way and not protecting the defence properly.
IMO one is enough he has to plug gaps and be sensible in his passing. Colback showed good qualities today, he actually tackled in midfield.
Put Eriksen in middle and Lennon on right, Even Rose on left and let Kane play as an extra mid if we play Soldado up.
Jane can do this but, like Sheringham, he should not come too deep, then he is not in the box when we break.

Our defense is the main problem. Vertonghen Fazio and Dier were all poor today.
And 4231? Why obsess over a formation?
Who's top of the league? Chelsea. Formation? 4231

I disagree I thought our defence done a manfull job today, Fazio was very good and Dier was under a lot of pressure early on and coped well.
Chelsea ? your having a laugh their players are a different class to ours! our players in the three position today are average compared to theirs, if you seriously want us to do well with the players we have then it must be a straight forward 4-4-2 or play a diamond.

As I said this is not an AVB thread - but unfortunately the players he bought were not good enough, Walker has been injured Soldado cannot play on his own, Capoue is rubbish, Chiriches is rubbish, Paulinho has been poor even under him. He was not getting us to play better - do remember Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home? West ham at home? Countless games where we struggled to break down team. We will have to agree to disagree mate but I can see at the moment that it seems like we are arguing about the difference between a rock and a hard place. I only blame AVB more because he appeared to have had more of an opportunity to build a side.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home when krul broke the record of most saves in a premiership gsme? Yeah I remember. We haven't created that many chances in the last 5 have we?

We weren't great, but his squads were deck ated far more than poch. First season AVB lost king, van det vaart and modric. Second season bale. Poch lost no one.

But yeah. Moot really. All that matters is now. And although our squad ISNT great, it's not as bad as poch is making it appear.

So your both defending Poch and blaming him in the same breath. Priceless.

I'm not blaming him at all. I think he's doing what's necessary, and if he doesn't instill a hard-training mentality now, he won't ever be able to do it, I think: best to start while the fans are on your side, even if that does lead to a few tired performances like this one.

I'm totally for Poch: have been from the second he was appointed, even though I dearly wanted Rafa or LvG instead. I hate the owners for their lies about ambition and their business model/lack of support given to their managers, but I'm not exactly going to start blaming the manager after spending the past four months excoriating supporters for being dim enough to turn on the manager without looking higher up the chain.

Blaming Poch is short-sighted, and utterly counter-productive. You all promised to be patient. Given how little Levy's backed him up, he needs that patience now more than ever.

Last edited:
How is that evidence that he flogged them after a mid-week match?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. We have established that Poch trains his players very hard, hard enough that Rose describes it as being 'grueling'. Yet now he stops just because we've had to play a Prem mid-week game? We've been playing mid-week games for the entirety of the season!

My arguement is that neither Bentaleb or Mason are DM`s I will get slaughtered for this but Bentaleb in imo is not influential at all.

apologist
[uh-pol-uh-jist]

Word Origin

noun
a person who has reservations about the theory that Tottenham could be challenging for the league overnight had they only deployed Lennon on the right.

a person who thinks those claiming for Pochettino to be sacked now are clueless macarons who would do well to lay of the booze and re-watch our performances for the two years prior to the hiring of Pochettino.

No, you stop playing mason and Kane too. And you shoudknt need more than ten games to realise kaboul and ade were unbelievable liabilities. And you should be able to see what is happening in a match and CHANGE IT.

Fact is, if we were on,y slightly better we could be sitting in third.

I disagree I thought our defence done a manfull job today, Fazio was very good and Dier was under a lot of pressure early on and coped well.
Chelsea ? your having a laugh their players are a different class to ours! our players in the three position today are average compared to theirs, if you seriously want us to do well with the players we have then it must be a straight forward 4-4-2 or play a diamond.

One is narrow and invokes playing through the centre and the other is traditional wingers and width leaving us open to being dominated.
Surely both cant suit us.
Or are they just your favourite formations?

Um, Palace played in mid-week too.

Palace played on Tuesday. That counts for quite a lot when your next game is on Saturday.

Chelsea also lost today against a Saudi Sportswashing Machine side that played on Tuesday as well. Not that that's necessarily THE reason for why they lost, but an extra day between games can be vital.

That being said, we're clueless yet again when it comes to breaking teams down. Tired or not, we've seen all before. So frustrating.

No, you stop playing mason and Kane too. And you shoudknt need more than ten games to realise kaboul and ade were unbelievable liabilities. And you should be able to see what is happening in a match and CHANGE IT.
Fact is, if we were on,y slightly better we could be sitting in third.

That is it for me. We dont come out motivated and the coach doesnt seem able to instill it during the match either.

We have'nt looked like a "team" since Harry Redknapp. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

You are so so right. We seem to lack any cohesion since Redknapps day. I just hope Poch's philosphy works and we did (I think) agree to give him a season to imprint his beliefs on the team. I will wait to see what happens until Summer. After all the stadium won't be started and that is when we would be expecting any forward movement/decent signings.

One is narrow and invokes playing through the centre and the other is traditional wingers and width leaving us open to being dominated.
Surely both cant suit us.
Or are they just your favourite formations?

With our present players I would favour 4-4-1-1, with Lennon and Eriksen as the wide players, we are all about potential at the moment, I am willing to be patient and that includes MoPo.

My main gripe is the way we spent the Bale money, other than that this season was always going to be transitional, be interesting who comes and goes in Jan.

Palace played on Tuesday. That counts for quite a lot when your next game is on Saturday.

Chelsea also lost today against a Saudi Sportswashing Machine side that played on Tuesday as well. Not that that's necessarily THE reason for why they lost, but an extra day between games can be vital.

That being said, we're clueless yet again when it comes to breaking teams down. Tired or not, we've seen all before. So frustrating.

Was going to post something similar, that our last two opponents have had an extra days rest on us .

Yeah I know , apologist :eek:

I know the chaos that sacking Poch will create, and no one wants that again, which is why lots of people bang on about the dreaded "time" word. However, we are regressing so rapidly that I truely feel its going to happen anyway. If thats the case then sooner rather then later has to better for all concerned.

Sad sad times for all Spurs fans. It is just soo depressing.

The saddest thing for me is were stuck with our lot now

Poch has to be given time but I can't see him having the vision for the players he has at his disposal and us having the money to write off some of them to buy new ones to suit!!!!'

Feels like we're stuck now fighting Swansea and West Ham

I know the chaos that sacking Poch will create, and no one wants that again, which is why lots of people bang on about the dreaded "time" word. However, we are regressing so rapidly that I truely feel its going to happen anyway. If thats the case then sooner rather then later has to better for all concerned.

We are not regressing. We had a bad performance today but had a good one last week and put in a credible shift against the best team in the league midweek. Anyone who thought that it would be sorted within fifteen games is an idiot.

We are not regressing. We had a bad performance today but had a good one last week and put in a credible shift against the best team in the league midweek. Anyone who thought that it would be sorted within fifteen games is an idiot.

And anyone who cant see the way this is all going to end under Poch ?

Who do you want as our head coach ?

Back