• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

Re: Crystal Palace OMT?

A8685_zpsd3886660.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Crystal Palace at White Hart Lane on Saturday 6th December 2014 2014 (KO 15:00) in the 15th round of matches of the 2014-15 Premier League season.

Spurs come into the game in 10th place on 20 points with Palace in 15th place on 13 points. This will be the 94th time the clubs have played each other.

Crystal Palace were founded in 1905 by the builders of the Crystal Palace (hence The Glaziers nickname) and played their first matches at the old Cup Final ground. They joined the Southern League Second Division for season 1905-06 and won promotion at the first attempt.

The first meeting between the two clubs came in the Southern League First Division in October 1906 with Spurs winning 3-0 at White Hart Lane and going on to do the double with a 1-0 away win in February 1907.

The 1907-08 season was the last for Tottenham in the Southern League and the two games against Palace ended with a win each. The clubs also played in the Western League that season with a win for both teams.

Spurs & Palace were regular opponents during the First World War and Tottenham enjoyed a run of nine consecutive wins against Palace during this period.

The first competitive game after WW1 came in the 1st Round (modern 3rd Round) of the FA Cup in January 1924 at The Nest in Croydon with Palace winning 2-0. They had previously played their games Herne Hill, Norwood and moved into their purpose-built stadium at Selhurst Park later in 1924.

Tottenham and Palace played several matches during World War Two with honours generally being fairly even.

Crystal Palace played their first season in the Top Flight of English Football in the 1969-70 season with Spurs winning both First Division matches 2-0. Jimmy Pearce and Martin Chivers got the goals at Selhurst Park while Alan Mullery and Steve Perryman were the scorers at White Hart Lane.

The clubs were also drawn together in the 4th Round of the 1969-70 FA Cup with Palace progressing after a 1-0 win in the replayed match in South London after the first game was goalless at the Lane.

Palace remained in the First Division for a further three seasons with Spurs winning four of the six matches and drawing the other two.

The clubs met in Division Two in 1977-78 with Spurs winning 2-1 at Selhurst Park (Ian Moores & John Duncan) and Palace getting a 2-2 draw at the Lane with Glenn Hoddle scoring a brace for Spurs. Tottenham won promotion at the end of that season.

Crystal Palace were back in the First Division for season 1979-80 and both matches against Tottenham were drawn.

The first Football League Cup game came in September 1980 with a 0-0 3rd Round draw at White Hart Lane followed by a 3-0 win at Selhurst Park in the replay with Ricky Villa, Glenn Hoddle and Garth Crooks all scoring.

The Eagles were founder members of the Premier League in 1992-93 but only lasted a season before being relegated. They returned for the 1994-95 season but fared no better and were again relegated. Their third season came in 1997-98 but failed to establish themselves and were relegated.
Palace were back again for the 2004-05 season but once again dropped down to the Championship.

The game at Selhurst Park in August 2013 was settled by a 50th minute Roberto Soldado penalty after Dean Moxey handled Aaron Lennon's cross. Spurs completed the Double over Palace with a 2-0 win at the Lane in January 2014 with goals from Christian Eriksen and Jermain Defoe

The ten Premier League matches played between the two clubs resulted in four wins to Spurs and two to Palace with four games drawn.

Overall, Tottenham have won 42 of the 93 matches played so far with Crystal Palace winning 25 games and the remaining 26 drawn.

Clive Allen
Dean Austin
Chris Armstrong

Jimmy Bauchop
Ken Bennett
Ted Birnie
John Bostock
Terry Boyle
John Brearley
Johnny Brooks
Fraizer Campbell

Arthur Crompton
Jason Cundy
Edgar Davids
Chris Day

Bill Dodge
dingdongie Dowsett
Terry Fenwick
Mike Flanagan
Gerry Francis
(Palace player & manager of both clubs)
Zeki Fryers
Anthony Gardner
Johnny Gavin
George Graham
(Palace player, Spurs manager)
Andy Gray
Bob Hewitson
Charlie Hewitt
Phil Holder
Roger Hoy
Archie Hughes
Steffen Iversen
Chris Jones
John Lacy

David Levene
Jimmy McCormick
Bobby Mimms
Alan Mullery (Spurs player, Palace manager)
Jonathan Obika
Gary O'Reilly
Alan Pardew

George Payne
Derek Possee
Ron Reynolds (Spurs player, Palace scout)
Wayne Routledge
Arthur Rowe (Spurs player & manager, Palace manager & director)
Neil Ruddock
Charlie Rundle
Cyril Spiers (Spurs player, Palace manager)
Neil Sullivan
Paul Stewart
Perry Suckling
(Palace player, Spurs goalkeeping coach)
Peter Taylor
Jack Tresadren (manager of both clubs)
Andy Turner
David Tuttle
Dennis Uphill
Terry Venables
(also manager of both clubs)
Ernie Walley (Spurs player, Palace caretaker manager)
Claude Watson

Your timid attempt echoes Tottenham's timid attempts.

Please place your testes under the guillotine

I wonder how much rotation we'll see for this one.

Soldado coming in seems a given. But I thought we saw real signs of players tiring towards the end of the Chelsea game. Mason came off, looked tired. Couldn't fault Kane's willingness and determination, but his legs didn't quite match up towards the end and Poch said he was tired already after the Everton game. Both him and Eriksen played full games against Everton and Chelsea, as did Bentaleb.

Might see Naughton for Vlad, just to get more energy down the flank? Rose for Ben Davies should Rose be ready again would also make some sense. Fazio and Verts should be started again I think. Front 6 though. Really could use some fresh legs in there. Mason might be better off for coming off against Chelsea, but is it really fair to ask him and Bentaleb to start again and expect them to just perform again? Same for Eriksen and Kane. Or might it be better to get some of them to perform for half an hour off the bench instead if we need them and give others the start?

I would be very hard pressed to accept dropping Mason, Bentaleb or Kane though. They've been really bright for us and particularly Bentaleb and Kane did well against Chelsea. Eriksen has arguably been a bit more inconsistent and things didn't really happen for him against Chelsea, at the same time he's one of those that creates and scores for us so not starting him seems strange.

A lot of hard decisions for Poch for this one imo. At least Palace will have similar problems for a change and fewer options in their squad. I think putting out some fresh legs to try to just overpower them with energy makes at least some sense.

I say we play the team that played Everton, with Naughton coming in for Vlad at RB.

Fast pace start, try to kill the game off the early, and potentially get Kane and one of the midfielders off at 60-70 minutes.

Palace will be just as tired.

I say we play the team that played Everton, with Naughton coming in for Vlad at RB.

Fast pace start, try to kill the game off the early, and potentially get Kane and one of the midfielders off at 60-70 minutes.

Palace will be just as tired.

We'll have the chance to rest players in the midweek game against Besiktas. So if we're taking players off after 60-70 minutes it's more about what's happening on the pitch than looking forward to other games.

I'm just not a big fan of going into the game knowing that several of our players will be exhausted by the hour mark. If we play the same front 6 against Everton that could include Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb and Mason. That severely limits our options to change the game if we fail in our attempt to kill the game off early (never easy to actually do), even worse if we're forced into a sub because of an injury or something.

Starting Chadli or Lamela instead of Eriksen could mean having a fresh and raring to go Eriksen on the bench to replace Kane (for example) and a front 4 that should more or less otherwise be fine. More difficult with Bentaleb and Mason where I think the difference in performance between them and other options for those spots have been bigger.

If Palace will be just as tired it's a great chance to gain an edge by using the squad we have that they're missing.

I'm not convinced either way by any decision right now. Obviously Poch and the rest of the coaching team will have a lot more information available to them about how the players are feeling and how they do in training. I just think that whatever changes Poch potentially makes should be understood in the light of the fixture congestion right now (unlike some of the responses to his one single change from the Everton to the Chelsea game).

Same team as against Everton with the exception of Chiriches, put Naughton or Dier there instead.

2-0 to Spurs, Eriksen and Soldado.

I'll be surprised if Palace have more than 30% possession so we'll need to cope well with their counter attacking ... It's going to be a bit of a hard slog but anything less than a win will be disappointing .

It's hard not to want the same lineup that beat Everton, tiredness is a worry though.

WHL will go ape **** if we lose this one. We've got to start winning these kind of home games. You want to win every home game, but I really don't expect us to beat the likes of Chelsea, United, scum etc at home.

-------------------Lloris---------------------

Naughton---Kaboul---Vertonghen---Rose

------------Capoue----Dembele------------

--Townsend------Lamela-----------Chadli--

------------------Adebayor------------------

It's an experiment. If we lose, we know whose fault it is we're losing games

This OMT might be so bad it's good. Although that didn't really work for Cleveland.

id play

----------Lloris
Dier-Fazio-vertinghen-Davies
-----dembele--Stambouli
Lennon---lamela---Eriksen
---------Soldado

But think he'll go with the same team as everton.

WHL will go ape **** if we lose this one. We've got to start winning these kind of home games. You want to win every home game, but I really don't expect us to beat the likes of Chelsea, United, scum etc at home.

Every pass must be inch perfect or the groans will start. There are some that need to realize that any team can give us a game on their day. Against Everton the crowd was positive and the performance followed.

We have done that experiment before.

Slow, disjointed, unimaginative, clumsy defending and we would lose 2-1 or 1-0.

I don't think this one will be as easy as people expect. They were very good against Liverpool (again) and are dangerous on the counter. Bolasie and Gayle are particular threats. I would want the right side a bit tighter with the pace of Bolasi on their left. I'd like to see

----------------Lloris----------------
Naughts -- Fazio -- Verts -- Davies
---------Capoue -- Bentaleb--------
Lennon ------Soldado-------Eriksen
----------------Kane----------------

I think Lennon has really improved the teams since coming back in to the starting line up with his workrate and defensive duties and will help against Bolasie. I think Capoue has the pace to mark Gayle tightly and Gayle doesn't have the skill to pass a player easily so that'll help. Kane has continued to be great up front and I think Soldado needs the playing time especially after his goal the other day.

Well. Not quite. We'll have limited it down to essentially those that are already lead candidates for being at fault for us losing games ;)

Every pass must be inch perfect or the groans will start. There are some that need to realize that any team can give us a game on their day. Against Everton the crowd was positive and the performance followed.

True. I don't think we should underestimate Palace. They're in a fairly poor run of form, but they've never lost by more than two goals so far this season, only conceded one goal in each of their last 4 games (lost 1-0 away to United, beat Liverpool 3-1 at home, drew 1-1 away to Swansea and lost 1-0 at home to Villa). Both Swansea and United are above us in the table so I don't think it's likely that they'll just roll over and die on us.

Back