• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Everton OMT ***

Glad we are just going with the passers in midfield. I fancy us to score a couple today, so if our defenders do their jobs and Hugo plays like Hugo, I think we can win this.

Empirical evidence suggests that is quite an "if". The big question mark for me is how the unknown quantity Bentaleb/Mason pairing will protect our CMs. We really cannot allow Everton any space outside the box.

I would take a point right now, tbh.

that team looks **** weak to me. fearing the worst, hoping for the best.

i think dembele needs to move on. if poch is going to overlook him with options so thin on the ground its time to go. a player with his talent is too good to sit on the bench for a team as poor as us.

fazio and chirches in a back four against mirallas, etoo and lukaku. protected by mason and bentaleb? i think this could get brutal.

Well I can only assume Stambouli hasn't recovered from Thursday, because how he can't even make the bench otherwise is way beyond me. To me along with Mason he's our best CM, and I'm not at all sure about Bentaleb and Mason in the CM. Overall a decent team, I'll go for a draw.

Not sure if that midfield pair is brave or naive. We will see I suppose.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Might be both. Brave either way for me. He goes with players capable of playing good football, possibly somewhat at the cost of defensive solidity. Trusting young players to do the job and trusting Bentaleb to reach a high level quickly after his injury.

I like the look of that team. Eriksen and Kane will have to work hard (we know Lennon will) to keep us solid and competitive, but a lot of ability on the ball in that team!

most frustrating is dropping Lamela who was real good midweek and worked hard last week. Hopefully can make impact from bench... whos going to win the ball in midfield? Bentaleb and Mason are both better up the pitch.

Kane has also been good. Lennon too and is probably included partly because of the type of player he is when we have injury problems behind him at right back. Eriksen scored and should be improving. Soldado, like Lamela, did well midweek and keeping him in seems decent.

Lamela started twice in a row, letting him work his magic off the bench against tiring players is hardly a crime.

To win the ball we'll have to work as a unit. Bentaleb and Mason are both decent tacklers though.

that team looks **** weak to me. fearing the worst, hoping for the best.

i think dembele needs to move on. if poch is going to overlook him with options so thin on the ground its time to go. a player with his talent is too good to sit on the bench for a team as poor as us.

fazio and chirches in a back four against mirallas, etoo and lukaku. protected by mason and bentaleb? i think this could get brutal.

It's a form question too, but yes I wouldn't be shocked if Dembele was moved on. We've been thin on options and Dembele has gotten his chance and has played poorly. Had he performed better he probably would have started again today. Like Chiriches and Paulinho he might get a chance again later on even though it looks difficult right now.

Eriksen's best games (against 11 men) - have been on the left where he's able to drift, showing up unmarked to punish opposition. He's been pants whenever hes been central.

I'd have to strongly disagree with that. Eriksen has looked much better central and lying a bit deeper, and I wouldn't be the only person on the board to think this. But still we all have our opinions -even if some of them are wrong.

Looks abit like this:

Lloris
Chiriches - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Lennon - Bentaleb - Mason - Eriksen
Kane - Soldado​

Eriksen to roam, Kane/Soldado to drop deep.

If Bentaleb doesn't cover left back then Coleman will have a field-day.

It's not like Capoue/Stambouli/Dembele are like Makalele. I don't think that Bentaleb and Mason is much weaker defensively than Capoue + Mason -- but the former pair should use the ball better between them. Eriksen on the right (drifting in) and a fit Townsend on the left would be our best midfield lineup imo. With Chadli in for Soldado when he's fit, and Walker and Rose restored to full-back positions.

With Bentaleb and Mason I can see us playing with a much higher tempo and pace than usual.
They don't dwell on the ball. and Generally get it and give it.

The problems I see in the team are elsewhere.
Is Lennon gonna turn up?
Can Chiriches play right back against 11 men. How will he cope with Miralles and Baines.
Can Fazio keep his ****up to a minimum. Will Lukaku's pace leave him for dead?
And goals. Only 2 of this 11 have scored in the league for us this season. Can Soldado break with duck in his first home premier league start under Poch.

I also think the team might lineup like this today, when going forward:

--------------------------lloris
chiriches----fazio------vert-------davies (pushing up)
---------------------bentaleb
-----------mason-----------eriksen
-----lennon------soldado-------kane

It's not like Capoue/Stambouli/Dembele are like Makalele. I don't think that Bentaleb and Mason is much weaker defensively than Capoue + Mason -- but the former pair should use the ball better between them.

Agree with this bit. The three DMs you mentioned might theoretically give the team an appearance of better balance however none of them are good enough. May as well play two CMs who can pass the ball quickly and hurt the opposition

we'll probably line up like this with the ball:

.............................Lloris...........................

......................Vert........Fazio...........Davies

Lennon......................................................

Chiriches....................................................

...........................Mason.............................
...........................Bentaleb.........................
............................Kane.............................
...........................Eriksen...........................
...........................Soldado..........................

and without:

...........Vert.......................................Fazio..Davies

I think the big hope has got to be that they start to tire before us. Their team looks stronger overall, normally I would say home advantage should swing it in our favour, but that doesnt apply anymore. We need the ref on our side as well, no needless free-kicks within shooting range please.

Come on Roberto, this is the day you come good [-o<

we'll probably line up like this with the ball:

......................Vert........Fazio...........Davies

and without:

...........Vert.......................................Fazio..Davies

I can see this happening a lot with the way Soldado likes to drift out wide and Lennon starting on the left(!)

Lloris
Chiriches Fazio Vertonghen Davies
Bentaleb Mason
Soldado Eriksen Lennon
Kane​

Funny hearing the commentators saying Lennon is selected to go on the outside and get in behind Baines. I think almost everyone's first thought on here when we hear Lennon starts is that he's in there to protect our right side and track back!

GHod how I miss the days when Lennon used to tear it up. Maybe he's still got it in him, would be nice.

@ElliotParkus: Tempting fate much? #COYS
B3svmIKIIAAjtPJ.jpg

Back