• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Everton OMT ***

Just to add to that, a point today would be an excellent sign that things are coming together, and a top 6 or top 8 finish is achievable. But as ever at the Lane the crowd will have a say in the result. Let's all get behind the team and make as much noise as we can: chanting can be a lonely business at time, especially in Paxton, where I'll be today, but the players need our support.....

You must sit near me, I call feel the sense of doom from the crowd as I enter the turnstile, they must wait all week building up their malice. It's like sitting in a room full of 4 year olds and telling them there's no sweets.

We need a defensive foundation. Poch the former defender started at Spurs with defensive signings. But then fell into Kaboul's attraction of power and pace. Here's the twunt:

"Defensively Chelsea are miles better than anyone in the league, although there are loads of teams who aren't very good defensively. If you look at the way Chelsea defend, they love it! But shouldn't that be the pre-requisite of any side? A good defensive side should take it as a personal affront if somebody scores against you."

We need consistency and to defend as a team. Then if we can concede less than a goal a game, we'll start to win most games. Simple? Well no. Baby steps.

Any official team news yet ?

Both Everton and us have struggled after EL matches. So, can see this match being a tight one. It will help us greatly if we can get an early goal. Hope we make use use of any chance that come our away and get that all-important win !
Yes.
Got this from my connections at the club

---------------Vorm---------------
Kaboul-- Chiriches--Verts--Davies
-------Mason---Capaou
--Lennon----Kane---Townsend
-------------Ade---------------

COYS

We need a defensive foundation. Poch the former defender started at Spurs with defensive signings. But then fell into Kaboul's attraction of power and pace. Here's the twunt:

"Defensively Chelsea are miles better than anyone in the league, although there are loads of teams who aren't very good defensively. If you look at the way Chelsea defend, they love it! But shouldn't that be the pre-requisite of any side? A good defensive side should take it as a personal affront if somebody scores against you."

We need consistency and to defend as a team. Then if we can concede less than a goal a game, we'll start to win most games. Simple? Well no. Baby steps.

If you look at the league table, our defensive record is broadly in line with teams above us (aside from the obvious two) whereas our goals scored record is inferior

Would be pleasantly amazed if we won this, would take a draw the way we are playing.

Would love to be surprised by a good performance by us but we are as bad defensively as I have seen for a few years.

If you look at the league table, our defensive record is broadly in line with teams above us (aside from the obvious two) whereas our goals scored record is inferior

Fair enough. Thought the teams above are also lacking defensive solidity - bar chel$ea. We seem too open too often. We let quite average sides cut through us. Hopefully we'll see a better balance develop. With a solid midfield and defence, we should be able to kick on. It gives a team a foundation, something to build from.

hasnt stopped him playing Capoo

From what I saw of Benji on Thursday, he's considerably slower than Capoue. Left for dead on numerous occasions as Partizan countered.

He's therefore clearly not a player suited to shielding the back four. Better as a standard CM in tandem with another DM. Question is whether he's good enough to merit a place in the team as a CM.

From what I saw of Benji on Thursday, he's considerably slower than Capoue. Left for dead on numerous occasions as Partizan countered.

He's therefore clearly not a player suited to shielding the back four. Better as a standard CM in tandem with another DM. Question is whether he's good enough to merit a place in the team as a CM.

you saw him get left for dead by a ridiculously quick winger when he was BEHIND play, running away from the guy to cover centre half whilst vert moved out.. he's quicker than Capoo, is more mobile, is better on the ball and outright better. If Capoo ever gets games over him in the Prem ever again when both fit. I'd be very worried.

I largely agree, but at least he likes to tackle. My overriding memory of Capoue is him backing off as that Liverpool full back ran nearly half the length of the field unchallenged to score. Absolute shocker from a DM.

Yes.
Got this from my connections at the club

---------------Vorm---------------
Kaboul-- Chiriches--Verts--Davies
-------Mason---Capaou
--Lennon----Kane---Townsend
-------------Ade---------------

COYS

Shock horror. Just what has Ade done to deserve to start?

I largely agree, but at least he likes to tackle. My overriding memory of Capoue is him backing off as that Liverpool full back ran nearly half the length of the field unchallenged to score. Absolute shocker from a DM.

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not advocating Capoue's continued inclusion in the team. I'm simply pointing out why Poch might not have picked Stambouli too often, if at all, for Premier League games.

Back