• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Everton OMT ***

My hope is that they will be more fatigued after Thursday night's exploits than us. They travelled to Germany and played an almost full-strength team.
We are the home team and should start a fair few who didnt play in the EL, or at least only 15/20mins

That's too logical! But this is Spurs......

I just looked at the injuries for all teams in the PL at the moment. Why is it that Chelscum have ALL their senior players fit, while most teams have at least five usual starters missing? Can't fathom it out........

----------------Lloris
Chiriches--Fazio--Verts--Davies
-------Mason---Stambouli
--Lamela----Eriksen---Kane
-------------Soldado

(Assuming Chadli is still injured; otherwise Chadli for Lamela and Kane over to RWF).

W2-1

Agree with this team and would love this result.

I do think Vlad will start at Right back and Vert will play as he knows Lukaku and Mirallas so well from international duty. Fazio for height against Lukaku and Naismith who is ridiculously good in the air for a shortish player. Davies is a given at left back as Rose seems to be injured again.

Midfield I do think we need some strength and pace here, Mason and Dembele is what I expect but I would prefer Mason and Bentaleb.

Attacking 4 if Chadli is fully fit then he has to start as he can finish, same with Erikson and Kane. That leaves a choice between Soldado, Lennon and Lamela. Personally I say Soldado and then Lennon or Lamela to come on later when Erikson gets pushed back to CM as we are chasing the game.

Coys.

I just looked at the injuries for all teams in the PL at the moment. Why is it that Chelscum have ALL their senior players fit, while most teams have at least five usual starters missing? Can't fathom it out........

They said on MotD that Diego Costa has 5 bookings so will miss the game against Spurs in midweek.

Whatever it is that Roman has promised the devil, it must have been good.

everton are a decent side running to a bit of form, we were lucky to win our last 2 in the PL, we come unstuck today

We used to have such a great record against Everton that beating them was just a formality. But we have lost that record a few years ago. We do have a decent record in recent years but it is always a tight match nowadays. Can see this match being another of those tight matches. Everton seem to be in good form under Martinex, unbeaten in the last 8 matches or so. This will be a very difficult match for us. Hope we can beat them somehow.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We need to control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. Boom shaka laka a top class defensive midfielder to do just that. Instead we have to rely on Dembele, Stambouli or Mason to step up their game. Apart from stopping Everton's attack, we also need to create chances for our own attacks. Eriksen supposed to be our most creative midfielder but he has no assists so far. In contrast, Lamela is our most creative midfielder so far with 4 assists. Hope both Eriksen and Lamela can contribute more in this match. Will be great if Chadli can return and continue his goal scoring run.

Our defence are going to be very crucial in this match. It will be good for us if they can minimise their mistakes. Lloris and Vertonghen should me more commanding in defence. We did well to keep the clean sheet against Partizan in the EL. It will be great if we can keep another clean sheet like that. Somehow feel, we need to score atleast 2 goals to win this match. But it will be helpful if we don't concede any.

We have one of the worst home record in the league now. We have lost more matches at home than anyone else in the league. We badly need to improve our home record if we want to stay in the top 4 race. To do that we must beat teams like Everton at home.

I don't know about trying to be in the race for the top 4....race for "mid table mediocrity" more like , and I am happy enough with that. As long as we avoid flirting with relegation, my ambitions are pretty limited this season...semi-final of the Europa would be a very decent return.
Next season the team will be more one that Poch has built, so I would expect us to do better.

Just to add to that, a point today would be an excellent sign that things are coming together, and a top 6 or top 8 finish is achievable. But as ever at the Lane the crowd will have a say in the result. Let's all get behind the team and make as much noise as we can: chanting can be a lonely business at time, especially in Paxton, where I'll be today, but the players need our support.....

Just to add to that, a point today would be an excellent sign that things are coming together, and a top 6 or top 8 finish is achievable. But as ever at the Lane the crowd will have a say in the result. Let's all get behind the team and make as much noise as we can: chanting can be a lonely business at time, especially in Paxton, where I'll be today, but the players need our support.....

=D>

Good post.

Give them a shout for us, not there today, back at the Lane next Sunday

We have one of the worst home record in the league now. We have lost more matches at home than anyone else in the league. We badly need to improve our home record if we want to stay in the top 4 race. To do that we must beat teams like Everton at home.

This and our record following Europa League over the last year or so make me very pessemistic about this game. I think all our home losses this season follow EL games and last season we lost at least six times following EL game. That is ten losses in 50 PL games, when we only lost six other games.

I don't think it is a question of the players being tired. We change the team a lot, sometimes nearly completely. I can only think that somehow it interferes with our preparation, although I have no explanation for why it would happen under two coaching staffs and why it affects us more than others.

This and our record following Europa League over the last year or so make me very pessemistic about this game. I think all our home losses this season follow EL games and last season we lost at least six times following EL game. That is ten losses in 50 PL games, when we only lost six other games.

I don't think it is a question of the players being tired. We change the team a lot, sometimes nearly completely. I can only think that somehow it interferes with our preparation, although I have no explanation for why it would happen under two coaching staffs and why it affects us more than others.

This is what I cant work out myself either. Its not like we are playing the same X1 Thursday and Sunday, just dont understand why we cant perform on the Sunday games

This is what I cant work out myself either. Its not like we are playing the same X1 Thursday and Sunday, just dont understand why we cant perform on the Sunday games

Neither can I. That is why I raise the issue of preparation, because I can't see any other explanation. We do have the same coaching staff for the EL games. That means they only have Friday (or part of Friday if flying in in the morning) and Saturday (presumably only light training) to prepare for the Sunday game. If the focus is on the EL game on Tues and Wed, changing the team might be counter-productive: two under-prepared teams against one well-prepared but slightly tired team.

Any official team news yet ?

Both Everton and us have struggled after EL matches. So, can see this match being a tight one. It will help us greatly if we can get an early goal. Hope we make use use of any chance that come our away and get that all-important win !

On the main BBC website Sports page, there's a slide show of photos related to today's games. One of them shows a picture of the Spurs dressing room, with shirts hanging up. Of the six shirts in the picture, Eriksen, Soldado, Lennon and Chadli are there. More interestingly, though, the two other shirts are 17 year old (Josh) Onomah and 18 year old (Connor) Ogilvie - an attacking midfielder and a left back respectively.

Oh, scrap that......!

I've just noticed that it isn't this season's shirt! The BBC are using an old photo (probably from a Europa League game last season).

Last edited:
Back