• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Friday

Those Polaroid 40" HD TV's that people are going crazy for selling at £139. Well, stay away from ASDA tomorrow as they have a Saturday deal selling the 32" one for £89... you have been warned...!

Wonder what these are like? Be interested to get the 32inc for my TV bed. Bet they are **** tho

Black Friday can F**KOFF what has it got to do with Britain? another American Thing that is taking over here. Im the US it follows Thanksgiving so it makes no sense here at all. Our traditional sale time was January.

Along with Crappy Haloween taking over from Fireworks night!!!!!

Grrrr

It is almost like we have learned nothing from the economic crisis, it is one of the reasons why I am not happy with the way the country is going and I have little hope for the future.

I have absolutely no idea what black friday is, only that it's apparently bargain time.
Got my dad a Philips 50" UHD 3D smart TV (whatever that is) for 460£ for christmas

how is this tescos (or any shop's) fault, is it unreasonable to expect people not to act like animals, this isn't America

I love a bargain.. However, running down the shops facing aggression/violence/over crowding etc etc on the off chance I see something I might want or need isn't something I'm prepared to do.

I can see why it works for the retailers though. Get customers worked up into a frenzy and they'll probably feel like they've failed if they don't purchase anything. They have us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy s**t we don't need.

Saw some idiot being interviewed who had been queueing up for 8 hours. When asked how much he wanted to save he said £50.

You cant help but notice on all this news items that a huge majority of these rabid ***** are a "certain" type of person. It sickens me.

Mate queued up for an hour at Game, he saved £120 off each of the 2 X Boxes he brought so a decent saving there for not much of his time

I love a bargain.. However, running down the shops facing aggression/violence/over crowding etc etc on the off chance I see something I might want or need isn't something I'm prepared to do.

I can see why it works for the retailers though. Get customers worked up into a frenzy and they'll probably feel like they've failed if they don't purchase anything. They have us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy s**t we don't need.

Its good that you have awareness of this.....have you detached from that way of life though?

Its good that you have awareness of this.....have you detached from that way of life though?

Tyler's words coming out of my mouth.

TylerDurden.jpg

And I used to be such a nice guy.

Attachments

• TylerDurden.jpg
    TylerDurden.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 15
I seriously cant believe people do this. I would simply pay an extra £100 to not have to experience this ****e... WE.ARE.NOT.AMERICANS

The thing is, the Americans actually have decent deals - as well as being a mass consumer culture.
From what I saw,the UK deals were nothing to make that much effort for.

Didn't go for any of that mayhem, the crazy deals you either get by being very lucky or aggressive. Most other deals are better online the rest of the year anyway. Was good if you wanted a console, saw some excellent PS4 deals around but I think this is just before a permanent price drop anyway.

Found some decent deals in town this afternoon, tail end of Black Friday.

Gap was 40% off everything, I normally get my jeans from them so that's £21 rather than £35.

Also bought a PS4 controller from Game for £29.99. I was unsure taking the box up, and the guy behind the counter put it out of sight pretty hurriedly. Was kind of unnecessary but I used in-store credit and will take in my old controller which has a slightly dodgy R1 and trade back in for credit again. Game will give me £34 for that after I do a price match with CEX meaning they've paid me £4 for the privilege :D

The thing is, the Americans actually have decent deals - as well as being a mass consumer culture.
From what I saw,the UK deals were nothing to make that much effort for.

Not sure this is true. The US has much looser rules on regular and sale prices. Only a fool buys anything at a US department store that isn't on sale, because it will be on sale at regular intervals, far more often than our stores, though the gap is decreasing.

In both cases the best deals are limited specials or old stock. If there is something you have been planning to buy, there can be some good deals, but otherwise it's probably not a good idea to buy something because it seems a bargain.

Back