• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Did we see an 5 to 10 point improvement when Lloris came into the side?

If he'd come into a team that hadn't just lost Modric, King and vdV, I think we'd've seen it.

In reality he's just part-compensated for the loss of our 4 world class players between 2012-13.

I love lloris but his kicking is atrocious and does put us under pressure at times - if he wants to go then so be it..... I would wish him well as he is above our level right now.

Vorm is a really good keeper and is a fantastic shot stopper. I don't think we'd notice as much as difference as we probably fear if he was first choice..... We have much bigger issues to solve!

I love lloris but his kicking is atrocious and does put us under pressure at times - if he wants to go then so be it..... I would wish him well as he is above our level right now.

Vorm is a really good keeper and is a fantastic shot stopper. I don't think we'd notice as much as difference as we probably fear if he was first choice..... We have much bigger issues to solve!

They are exactly the same comments I remember reading about:

Siggy and vdV
Dembele and Modric
Pav and Berbatov
Zokora and Carrick

When we sell our best players, we downgrade significantly. There's no trade-offs/indirect improvements.

One to rival the 'Real getting rid of Bale' rumour:

MANCHESTER UNITED are planning to sell Angel Di Maria to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer to create funds for a sensational move for either Real Madrid's Gareth Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/537388/Man-Utd-Di-Maria-Bale-Ronaldo-PSG

It sounds like Di Maria wanted to go to PSG originally but they had some difficulties sorting out the finances in time and Manchester United were the next best option. From his recent comments it sounds like he would still prefer to be at PSG.

When was the last time a top player at United wanted to leave them for another top club? and I don't mean when they are over the hill or a youngster not getting games, I mean a player at their peak who wanted to leave. Only C.Ronaldo comes to mind. I wonder if they will have to start deal with stuff like this a little more in the near future.

It sounds like Di Maria wanted to go to PSG originally but they had some difficulties sorting out the finances in time and Manchester United were the next best option. From his recent comments it sounds like he would still prefer to be at PSG.

When was the last time a top player at United wanted to leave them for another top club? and I don't mean when they are over the hill or a youngster not getting games, I mean a player at their peak who wanted to leave. Only C.Ronaldo comes to mind. I wonder if they will have to start deal with stuff like this a little more in the near future.

I think it will be more common, United in a league with City/Cheat$ki and without SAF is far less a draw for players.

Not top draw re salaries, and no more guarantees of trophies, but all the pressure of expectations

I think it will be more common, United in a league with City/Cheat$ki and without SAF is far less a draw for players.

Not top draw re salaries, and no more guarantees of trophies, but all the pressure of expectations

Irrespective of that you are still leaving one of the biggest clubs in the World in one of the most competetive leagues in the World to play in France..... A country from which all of the best players want to come and play in England.

I think it would say a great deal about Di Maria's mentality if he would rather go and stroll to the title with PSG in France than work hard to try to restore Man Utd to the top of the pile in England.

Irrespective of that you are still leaving one of the biggest clubs in the World in one of the most competetive leagues in the World to play in France..... A country from which all of the best players want to come and play in England.

I think it would say a great deal about Di Maria's mentality if he would rather go and stroll to the title with PSG in France than work hard to try to restore Man Utd to the top of the pile in England.

Maybe he's just fed up of the drizzle and Vimto and fancies moving to Paris?

It's all about the trophies, the cabinet is not going to fill itself if he stays in Manchester.

It's all about the trophies, the cabinet is not going to fill itself if he stays in Manchester.

Brilliant - go and win trophies in a 1 team league that isn't considered to be even a top 4 league in Europe....

Sounds to me as though it's more about 'the easy life'. Like I said before - I think it shows a lot about the players mentality. If I were LVG I'd now be doing all I could to maximise the transfer fee and then bring in a player who is prepared to fight for the club

Tottenham move for Croatia hitman Andrej Kramaric but face competition from AC Milan and Inter Milan

Andrej Kramaric, valued at £10m, has scored 27 in 19 games this season
Italian giants AC Milan and Inter are also keen on the Croatia international
Tottenham have been looking at a number of targets including Jay Rodriguez and Saido Berahino

Tottenham have made an enquiry for Croatia international striker Andrej Kramaric.

The 23-year-old plays for HNK Rijeka and has been valued at £10million after a startling season which has seen him score 27 goals in 19 games for club and country so far.

AC Milan and Inter are both keen on Kramaric but believed he could be prised out for £4million as part of a get-out clause.

However, the deadline for that clause has passed and any suitors will have to spend double that to sign him.

Tottenham have been looking for strikers with Southampton’s Jay Rodriguez and Saido Berahino of West Brom among those admired while Maurico Pochettino also saw Sandro Ramirez score for Barcelona B last weekend.

Kramaric though is tipped to follow in the footsteps of former Croatia striker Davor Suker with his scoring exploits and has attracted attention from Napoli and Monaco also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Siggy and vdV
Dembele and Modric
Pav and Berbatov
Zokora and Carrick

When we sell our best players, we downgrade significantly. There's no trade-offs/indirect improvements.

I don't remember anyone making that argument about those players. VdV was struggling for fitness and had a marriage to save. Modric, Berbs and Carrick wanted out and I don't remember anyone saying that we would not miss them.

Having a world class GK like Lloris probably earns us 5-10 points a season over a good GK like Vorm. We'll miss him as much as Modric or Bale.

its definitely nowhere near 10. and its almost certainly under 5 too.

we finish on around 70points normally. to say hes worth almost 15% of that is ridiculous. if he was even worth 5 more points (expectation) than vorm (or a replacement), we should definitely not even consider bids under £50m for him. fwiw, if you have a serious debate with someone who works in football statistics, im pretty sure they will tell you even gareth bale wasnt worth 10 more points a season for us.

Tottenham move for Croatia hitman Andrej Kramaric but face competition from AC Milan and Inter Milan

Andrej Kramaric, valued at £10m, has scored 27 in 19 games this season
Italian giants AC Milan and Inter are also keen on the Croatia international
Tottenham have been looking at a number of targets including Jay Rodriguez and Saido Berahino

Tottenham have made an enquiry for Croatia international striker Andrej Kramaric.

The 23-year-old plays for HNK Rijeka and has been valued at £10million after a startling season which has seen him score 27 goals in 19 games for club and country so far.

AC Milan and Inter are both keen on Kramaric but believed he could be prised out for £4million as part of a get-out clause.

However, the deadline for that clause has passed and any suitors will have to spend double that to sign him.

Tottenham have been looking for strikers with Southampton’s Jay Rodriguez and Saido Berahino of West Brom among those admired while Maurico Pochettino also saw Sandro Ramirez score for Barcelona B last weekend.

Kramaric though is tipped to follow in the footsteps of former Croatia striker Davor Suker with his scoring exploits and has attracted attention from Napoli and Monaco also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Him and/or Mitrovic would be a good replacement for Ade and/or Soldado.

I think.

we finish on around 70points normally. to say hes worth almost 15% of that is ridiculous. if he was even worth 5 more points (expectation) than vorm (or a replacement), we should definitely not even consider bids under £50m for him. fwiw, if you have a serious debate with someone who works in football statistics, im pretty sure they will tell you even gareth bale wasnt worth 10 more points a season for us.

When he finally came into the side during his first season, I would argue that he and Bale were the main reasons we ended up with out highest-ever points total. To be fair to some here (not me, I cannot claim it) Bale had already been cited as papering over some major cracks. I'd say Lloris was also very important. A lot of 1-0 games.

As for the second bit, to be fair, you did preface it by saying FWIW...well, it's worth about the same as a Brazilian cruzeiro right now i.e. nothing. Football is not simply about statistics. And how do you quantify worth?

Siggy and vdV

not being biased but Siggy is one of the best players in the PL so far this season. Based on how the national team is doing he is or is on his way to be a better player than VDV. He was never utilized in the position he was suppose to play. VDV was.

Bale won us alot of Games in his final year, was definitely worth more than 10 points to us.
Gomes in 09/10 was outstanding aswell and won us more than 5 points on his own.

Back