• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bristol

From that way originally, I'm quite fond of it but don't get back enough. Like everywhere else in the uk there are nice parts and nasty parts.

Having Somerset on your doorstep is a good thing.

Lived there for a year. Nice place. Miss it a little now, like others have said, some nice places, some ****holes. Lots of Transvestites.

Went to Uni there and had a smashing time, but this was 20 years ago during the Massive Attack/Portishead era when the city was buzzing. It was a laid-back, friendly city in general. Haven't been back since but would like to visit again if I get the chance

Decent place, though after a while you may get big city withdrawal symptoms if you are from London

I live in that part of the country and Bristol is really pricey now - although if you are coming from the south east, it might not seem too bad. There are areas to suit every budget, but most of the ones that don't require a lot of cash are nasty. If you live outside and commute in, do it by train or from the M5 - the traffic going through Bristol and from the A37 is ****, as is that from the M4. And avoid Filton like the plague in the morning for traffic, bloody awful. UWE, HP, MoD Abbey Wood, all trying to get down a traffic light infested ring-road.

Depends what you're after - if you are young and don't drive much and want to live in the city and all that entails (transport, eating, drinking and the like) it's great, but if you are an old ******* like me and need to work and live there with a family, other options might appeal more...

Back