• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Tielemans really looks the part doesn't he. If you watch the actual game clips on youtube, not the glory highlights, you kind of get a sense of what kind of player he is. Sits deep and dictates play but is really not afraid to dribble with the ball and look for the forward pass. Tenacious when defending and his pressing is textbook for Pochettino, real intensity. Not bad for a 17 year old.....! :eek:

Another one in similar mould, much more attack minded but still a center midfielder, is Kovacic over at Inter Milan. Excellent with the ball at his feet and has great vision. Probably Modric' heir for Croatia and Inter are really struggling in Serie A (unfortunately just like us...), so a transfer move elsewhere is a probability.

Both these guys (although very unrealistic) fit our bill. Young, raw and...sigh...with excellent sell-on value. But they'd be moulded by Poch and maybe that's what we need. Young guys who'd walk through hot coals(literally) for our guy?

How is Kovacic getting on at Inter? He was signed for a fairly hefty fee for someone so young. Unless he's flopping a bit I can't see them selling him anywhere close to cheaply...

Tielmans sounds super exciting for sure.

Honestly, although we do lack a bit of experience I would love us to sign young talented players like that. I do think it's very helpful if they're already at a level where they can get regular game time for us though...

You only had to watch Anderlechts two games against Arsenal to realise how good Tielmans is.

I absolutely guarantee Chelsea sign him.

A January window of Mitrovic and Tielemans along with a new central defender would be very good business, only bettered if we could offload some of the dross in our ranks at the same time.

Who am I kidding we'll probably end up with Kalou, Kolo Touré and Cattermole.

How is Kovacic getting on at Inter? He was signed for a fairly hefty fee for someone so young. Unless he's flopping a bit I can't see them selling him anywhere close to cheaply...

Good question mate, does anyone honestly watch Italian footy anymore!? :-" I know he bossed the game against Iceland in the World Cup playoffs. Inter bought him for 11 million euros, rising to 15 if they qualified for the Champions League, which they didn't. They finished 9th in 12/13, 5th last year, and are currently sitting in 9th place again.

His national team captain has recently called on him to move on, in order to progress his career: http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2014/11/11/6056411/kovacic-must-leave-inter-srna

We're probably not much of a stepping stone right now, but our recent success with Croatian playmakers would make this move a no brainer... ;)

A January window of Mitrovic and Tielemans along with a new central defender would be very good business, only bettered if we could offload some of the dross in our ranks at the same time.

The most horrible thing about the above is that those 3 players would probably improve us at the moment! 8-[

No - we'll try again for all of Musacchio, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, with no success.

Then on deadline day we'll end up recalling Carroll, Veljkovic; and getting Ayew or Konoplanyka on a pre-contract for the summer

No - we'll try again for all of Musacchio, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, with no success.

Then on deadline day we'll end up recalling Carroll, Veljkovic; and getting Ayew or Konoplanyka on a pre-contract for the summer

You'd like to think that someone like Tidlemens would come to Spurs , the fee would be workable and his wages would probably increase. If not perhaps we can get Alen Halilović on loan from Barca another star in the making that is a play maker which is probably the key - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alen_Halilović

I see we're looking at possibly getting Shaqiri from Bayern. Tip top player, plays v like Bale either left midfield or attacking midfield, bit too simliar to Lamela.

The Metro believe Spurs are to launch a bid around £19.6M for Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri in January. #THFC

Reckon a couple of old heads would be a really canny addition in January rather than buying yet more squad players

Our squad has bundles of talent and potential but patently lacks character and leadership. Signing a 'Davids' or a 'Naybet' could really help the mentality in the squad

Reckon a couple of old heads would be a really canny addition in January rather than buying yet more squad players

Our squad has bundles of talent and potential but patently lacks character and leadership. Signing a 'Davids' or a 'Naybet' could really help the mentality in the squad
I agree. That would be top of my list for January.

We should have signed Barry.

You'd like to think that someone like Tidlemens would come to Spurs , the fee would be workable and his wages would probably increase. If not perhaps we can get Alen Halilović on loan from Barca another star in the making that is a play maker which is probably the key - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alen_Halilović

I see we're looking at possibly getting Shaqiri from Bayern. Tip top player, plays v like Bale either left midfield or attacking midfield, bit too simliar to Lamela.

The Metro believe Spurs are to launch a bid around £19.6M for Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri in January. #THFC

20 mill for Shaquiri? Spurs=laughing stock

Sherwood apparently wanted Lescott, Milner, Barry and Lukaku...all would have been great additions to the team/squad (all would have been starters).

Last edited:
Sherwood apparently wanted Lescott, Milner, Barry and Lukaku...all would have been great additions to the team/squad (all would have been starters).

Good players, and would have given us a real solid core. There would have been a lot of unhappy posters on here though I'd imagine if that was our activity...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Emirates Marketing Project would not have sold Milner, they've got **** all home grown players and cannot afford to lose him.

Barry is a Spurs fan (as is all of his family), I am sure that he would have joined us, I just wish that we got him in 2013.

Good players, and would have given us a real solid core. There would have been a lot of unhappy posters on here though I'd imagine if that was our activity...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yeah moaning about the team regressing while we would be scoring goals looking tighter at the back and sitting in or about 4th in the league. Serious relegation fears may have been mentioned ;)

Emirates Marketing Project would not have sold Milner, they've got **** all home grown players and cannot afford to lose him.

Barry is a Spurs fan (as is all of his family), I am sure that he would have joined us, I just wish that we got him in 2013.

Didn't hoddle try to sign him

How about a substantial bid to try and get Carrick back? :-k

Would it be money well spent? I think MC is a great player and seriously underrated at Utd (or maybe he is not) but it would be a short term fix really. I would prefer we used our 'substantial bid' money on the next Carrick, Schneiderlin.

What do ye folks think of Williams from Swansea?

Back