• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Top 100 European Football Prospects Aged Under 21

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
From Bleacher report

We have one player on the list, Eric Dier as number 79. There are many players from **** and Chelski (they own about 600 players, so that's natural) on the list. Top five:

1. Raheem Sterling
2. Marquinhos
3. Youri Tielemans
4. Gerard Deulofeu
5. Aymeric Laporte

It's hard to give this list any great credence when it includes a fair number of young Chelsea players who were comprehensively outperformed by Spurs' young players in the U18 league last season (and who were also beaten by Spurs' U21 team the other day) while none of their Spurs counterparts are included (Eric Dier having never played for any of our younger age groups). Likewise, the young Arsenal players included.

It's perfectly apparent that whoever compiled the list has just gone for the obvious candidates who are already well known plus a few lesser known candidates from the bigger Champions League clubs. No in depth research into youth football.

It's hard to give this list any great credence when it includes a fair number of young Chelsea players who were comprehensively outperformed by Spurs' young players in the U18 league last season (and who were also beaten by Spurs' U21 team the other day) while none of their Spurs counterparts are included (Eric Dier having never played for any of our younger age groups). Likewise, the young Arsenal players included.

It's perfectly apparent that whoever compiled the list has just gone for the obvious candidates who are already well known plus a few lesser known candidates from the bigger Champions League clubs. No in depth research into youth football.

That was my thoughts exactly, both before and after reading the article. When you get [insert number here] 100 players in the world lists they are generally based on what clubs you play for just as much as much as your ability. When it comes to top [inset number here] youth plays in the world it is based on club reputation even more so.

Memphis. Depay. We need to buy this lad, yesterday! 7 goals in 7 games this season in the league, 1 goal in 1 game in the Europa League. Had a very good world cup. Now is the time before becomes more rounded and out of our league.

For me, he oozes Spurs. Trickery, pace and a constant threat. Can beat you inside and have shot, or outside with pace and put a cross in. Seems like a player who can break games open with flair, just what we need against the bus-parkers at WHL.

Memphis. Depay. We need to buy this lad, yesterday! 7 goals in 7 games this season in the league, 1 goal in 1 game in the Europa League. Had a very good world cup. Now is the time before becomes more rounded and out of our league.

For me, he oozes Spurs. Trickery, pace and a constant threat. Can beat you inside and have shot, or outside with pace and put a cross in. Seems like a player who can break games open with flair, just what we need against the bus-parkers at WHL.

He does look good BUT there must be a weakness somewhere, otherwise everyone else who saw him have a decent world cup would've been after him?

He does look good BUT there must be a weakness somewhere, otherwise everyone else who saw him have a decent world cup would've been after him?

He's only 20 and will cost 15-20 million pounds by the looks of it. He's had maturity issues in the past, but by all accounts he returned from Brazil a different player. More team oriented, more focused...he simply grew up.

He's not tall, only 176cm, but he's strong enough to fend off defenders and his blistering pace also keeps them at bay. By no means is he the finished product and that's probably why none of the big clubs have swooped him away. Not a lot of clubs can get away with spending this amount of money on players who aren't "there" yet.

That has to be our strategy though. We simply can't compete when it comes to the Hazards' or even the Willians of the world...we have to shop in the region below. Potential, but rough around the edges. Like Modric. Or even Eriksen.

He's only 20 and will cost 15-20 million pounds by the looks of it. He's had maturity issues in the past, but by all accounts he returned from Brazil a different player. More team oriented, more focused...he simply grew up.

He's not tall, only 176cm, but he's strong enough to fend off defenders and his blistering pace also keeps them at bay. By no means is he the finished product and that's probably why none of the big clubs have swooped him away. Not a lot of clubs can get away with spending this amount of money on players who aren't "there" yet.

That has to be our strategy though. We simply can't compete when it comes to the Hazards' or even the Willians of the world...we have to shop in the region below. Potential, but rough around the edges. Like Modric. Or even Eriksen.

He has an amazing highlights reel from last season that goes on forever. Normally I don't put too much stock in those type of things but this is loooooooong. He seems to have multiple telling moments in every match he plays. Definitely worth a shot.

Pretty standard with lists like these. Players that have gotten (relatively) big money moves, starred in youth international tournaments or gotten games for decent sized clubs will always be the one's included.

If the people writing articles like this one had detailed knowledge about the lesser known/lower profile high quality prospects they wouldn't be writing the article in the first place I think - they would have a different job.

Pretty standard with lists like these. Players that have gotten (relatively) big money moves, starred in youth international tournaments or gotten games for decent sized clubs will always be the one's included.

If the people writing articles like this one had detailed knowledge about the lesser known/lower profile high quality prospects they wouldn't be writing the article in the first place I think - they would have a different job.

Yes, that's true.

I just find it a little frustrating that Spurs' academy never seems to get the credit it now deserves.

Him and that Belgium kid Bakkali(I know I spelt it wrong) would certainly liven up our wings, would be nice to see us have wingers who want to take people on on the outside. Also would not be opposed to either Patrick Roberts or Dele Alli.

how good do you guys think the dutch eredivisie is these days? personally, i think its generally bottom championship/ top league one level. i think even teams like ajax/psv/feyenoord wouldnt be up there with the promotion favourites in the championship (ok, maybe ajax would). i think this is perhaps why so many dutch players struggle with moves to leagues like the premier league. the jump is just too big.

thats why i really wouldnt be surprised if someone like memphis depay was still miles off the level of players already at this club in his position.

Back