• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

not talking about the immediate topic , which yes it was about lamela, but rather the comment you said that lamela was the ONLY guy not functioning properly today in that attacking quartet (obviously you can tell i dont agree with that either ;))

I thought Chadli faded out of it, but he did better offensively and I thought his link up play was better than Lamela's. Nothing much went right for him, Lamela that is. I only rated Chadli a 6. I thought the sum total of our forwards was greater than its parts today.

Then solly is **** then....hah....that debate is concluded :D

but on a serious not he didnt look a goal threat today...so why isolate lamela and say everyone else in the front 4 were part of a functional unit when in fact ...chadli didnt do much if anything?

Soldado and Eriksen looked threatening, Lamlela and Chadli didn't but Chadli gets a pass as he has scored 4 goals this season and Lamela hasn't scored yet.

you see i think that's crazy.

you have seen 'enough'? 1 game the guy steps up and has a decent / good game....just 1 and then its "i have seen enough to say we should drop ade"...how about ade against qpr...? or ade when he was scoring and assisting most our goals in the latter part of last season? did that like never ever happen?

so all ade has done vs solly's , what......2 goals from open play in 32 matches and lacklustre...low ebbed displays.....and then he pops up with a solitary good game and suddenly thats enough?

jeez...for you ade is finished no matter what he does

Because Ade has played 7 games and hasn't done much except against QPR, the worst team in the league, at home. Soldado played well against the champions, away from home and the attacking unit looked more threatening.

what you call flattering to deceive i call a technical player that is necessary in EVERY SINGLE successful team.....

has somebody hacked your account? i used to think you were one of those guys that appreciated the little things can come together into great achievements.

and ronaldo was much more of a trickster than lamela is even trying to be these days\ . i underline that because in the beginning he tried to be flashy but the league put paid to that......these days he is just trying to be an efficient cog in the wheel. case in point...that chance from mason early on would never have happened if not for lamela's contribution...and thats one of the flashier ones he did

and as for him not scoring..its only a matter of time...the kids actually has been hitting the woodwork from half chances.....half chances.....not necessarily clear cut ones ...

i'm okay with what he is doing so far...keep doing the same thing and the goals / assists will come

speaking of which...who cares if he scores or not as long as he contributes to the teams success?

Having technical ability is not enough. The end product is just not there as frequently as it needs to be like, like it was when he played Chadli in against scum or when he was heavily involved against QPR. Looking good on the ball but not scoring or getting into goalscoring positions and/or assisting just won't cut it I'm afraid mate. I'm not saying drop him, but he needs to do more and people have been saying we should drop Eriksen for far less even though he's scored 3 goals.

Soldado and Eriksen looked threatening, Lamlela and Chadli didn't but Chadli gets a pass as he has scored 4 goals this season and Lamela hasn't scored yet.

Soldado and eriksen linked up incredibly well and you. Ant drop Chadli with his current scoring record. He didn't much wrong to be fair and held the ball up

Eriksen for me had his best game for us this season and was very impressive

So what is going on with Eriksen (apart from his MiracleGro)?

He frustrated the hell out of me today constantly bottling out of any type of challenge, making countless wrong choices and some seriously wayward passing/corners.

Is it lack of movement in other players? The formation? What he's being asked to do?

He looks a shadow of the player of last season.

He's playing centrally, he's weak so he's easy to tackle and mark and the game usually passes him by. He was best for us on the left when he was losing his markers and causing havoc and finding space to get on the end of passes and score.

While Eriksen hasn't grabbed games by the scruff of the neck I lost count of the times this season he's had the ball and virtually no-one is making an incisive run for him to pick out. Especially when Ade is playing and pulls out wide to energetically run the channels.

Mason was pretty damn good first half.

Personally thought Mason was the best player on the pitch by some way... He even plugged away in what was a horrendous second half

Eriksen for now at least needs to be moved left and we need to move back to a 4-4-2 type system ... I can't believe im saying it as I was a staunch supported of central eriksen but no one is supporting the centre forward enough and wit
H Kane behind Soldado we coiled look a lot more fluid

If we had a decent enough DM I reckon we could get away with a diamond/ 4-1-4-1 - Eriksen and Mason in front of the DM - (Kane up top - or preferably the lone striker we have needed to buy for the last 4 or seasons).

If we had a decent enough DM I reckon we could get away with a diamond/ 4-1-4-1 - Eriksen and Mason in front of the DM - (Kane up top - or preferably the lone striker we have needed to buy for the last 4 or seasons).

Kane - Soldado
Lamela
Eriksen - Mason
Stambouli
Rose - Vert - Fazio - Walker
Lloris​

?

Kane - Soldado
Lamela
Eriksen - Mason
Stambouli
Lloris​

?

Would be interesting, although I don't know if Stambouli is good enough to hold that together.
I wouldn't want to play Lamela in there either really -but I know you like him.
And I think your formation is a bit too attack minded...

I was thinking more
--------------Kane (new striker)
Rose---Mason--Eriksen --Lennon
-------------- DM
Ben D ----Vert--Dier ---Walker

I don't know if the problem is playing both eriksen and lamela together. I think they will excel in a free role but we can't afford that with a misfiring ade (despite that goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine)

P559_zps5851f7a2.png

in the position that eriksen plays and with his touch i'd thought that hed'd be racking up the assists more than the goals...

Kane - Soldado
Lamela
Eriksen - Mason
Stambouli
Lloris​

?

if you're keeping that front 3 i think eriksen needs to play more of a deep lying playmaker role to help out with defence, and to allow rose to overlap for width.

Back