• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS. Saudi Sportswashing Machine*** OMT

First two out the door should be Ade and Vertonghen. Laziest and most gutless players we have.

I have stuck by Ade for a long time, and won't give up entirely, but I thought other than the obvious (goal) he was a shower today. This was a game where a player of his seniority needed to step up and make a statement IMO, to raise the standards around him not play along with them. There were many, many poor performances. Again Eriksen failed to take hold of a game his 'talent' should allow him to, Lamela was far too predictable off the right (off the left please - at least we'd have some width!) and Capoue was poor too. The only two to get any stripes for me today were Mason and Rose for his effort.
Poch needs to figure out fast that the way he is playing Eriksen,Lamela and Chadli makes them very easy to mark.

Verts has been a shadow of the player we signed and had for the first season. No desire anymore and looks like he's on his way out. It's good that he hasn't signed an extension he can do one.

He has never shown any desire. He has been mediocre as long as he's been here, he just happened to score a couple of goals early on.

This is where I will believe in the recent ITK for now. He's been given a long contract and the first year is to fully assess the squad and then we get rid of the useless ones.

For all the talk about giving him time, a lot of fans are jumping on every little mistake. We're not going to win the league this season, but we may keep pace with **** and Liverscum.

A fair point, however I hope he can see that certain shapes with certain players simply don't work.

A fair point, however I hope he can see that certain shapes with certain players simply don't work.

I want to see more Kane and Soldado and less Ade and Lamela going into the next international break. It's not like it's working the way it is, so why not try?

I want to see more Kane and Soldado and less Ade and Lamela going into the next international break. It's not like it's working the way it is, so why not try?

I think almost all fans want to see that. It seems a shame the coach cant (wont) see it as it somehow doesnt fit in his rigid 4-2-3-1 formation.

I think almost all fans want to see that. It seems a shame the coach cant (wont) see it as it somehow doesnt fit in his rigid 4-2-3-1 formation.

You know what's rigid? 4-4-2

They would fit perfectly as direct replacements.

I'm pretty sure Chadli can play on the right of the 3.

Kane down the middle and Eriksen back out on the left again.

I'm sure that the three could inter-change effectively. Kane played on the left of the three frequently for the development squad.

I'm pretty sure Chadli can play on the right of the 3.

Kane down the middle and Eriksen back out on the left again.

Better - but too narrow still imo. It is ok on the left when Eriksen cuts in to give Rose the width. However, without Walker giving us width down the right, we need someone who will go out wide. Chadli, Lennon or Townsend arent the answer to this one.

Harry is more of a replacement for Chadli imo, who has been used more centrally to support the lone striker.

View from a non Spurs fan I heard today:

Only Spurs could score a goal like Lamela's and then see Ade tackle himself in the same week.

Better - but too narrow still imo. It is ok on the left when Eriksen cuts in to give Rose the width. However, without Walker giving us width down the right, we need someone who will go out wide. Chadli, Lennon or Townsend arent the answer to this one.

Harry is more of a replacement for Chadli imo, who has been used more centrally to support the lone striker.
They're all supposed to be supporting the striker at times.

I agree that we lack width on the right without Walker but as this season is a work in progress I'd rather see us work on a useful formation until he's fit than waste our time on something outdated that we're unlikely to use long-term.

They're all supposed to be supporting the striker at times.

I agree that we lack width on the right without Walker but as this season is a work in progress I'd rather see us work on a useful formation until he's fit than waste our time on something outdated that we're unlikely to use long-term.

The operative words there are "supposed to". Unfortunately, the reality this season has been somewhat different.

He has never shown any desire. He has been mediocre as long as he's been here, he just happened to score a couple of goals early on.

Ridiculous comment. Isn't perfect but look at the amounts of assists and goals he has got for us. Terrible today but to disregard anything he has done for us is awful

Back