• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS. Saudi Sportswashing Machine*** OMT

A8537_zps97b5e77b.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Saudi Sportswashing Machine at White Hart Lane on Sunday 26th October 2014 (KO 13:30) in the 9th Round of matches of the 2014-15 Premier League.

Tottenham come into the match in 9th place in the Table on 11 points with Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 18th place on 7 points. This will be the 153rd time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came in the old second round (today's fourth round) of the FA Cup in February 1905 with Saudi Sportswashing Machine drawing 1-1 at White Hart Lane before winning the replay at St James' Park 4-0. To date, the clubs have met 9 times in the FA Cup.

The clubs met for the first time in the Football League in November 1909 in the First Division with Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 1-0 at St James' Park and completing the 'double' over Spurs with a 4-0 win at White Hart Lane in March 1910.

Tottenham's first win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine came in a First Division match at White Hart Lane in November 1912 with Jimmy Cantrell scoring the only goal of the match.

There were further meetings in the First Division up to season 1933-34 with honours generally pretty even.

An FA Cup 4th round match in January 1935 was won 2-0 by Spurs at White Hart Lane with George Hunt (Spurs' record goalscorer until Bobby Smith) scoring both goals.

The next 12 meetings between the clubs came in the Second Division of the Football League either side of World War Two from 1935-36 to 1947-48. These dozen matches were the only League games contested between Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine outside the Top Flight of English Football.

The 1950-51 season saw Spurs win their first Football League Championship and in the process they did the 'double' over Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 7-0 at home and 1-0 away. The 70,336 spectators at White Hart Lane for that emphatic 7-0 win were the largest crowd at any Spurs v Saudi Sportswashing Machine fixture in history.

Spurs beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the 1952 Charity Shield 2-1 at White Hart Lane with Les Bennett and Peter 'Spud' Murphy scoring the goals which won the silverware.

The first Football League Cup meeting came in the Semi-Finals in January 1976 with John Pratt scoring the winning goal at White Hart Lane in the first leg but Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 3-1 at St James' Park despite a Don McAllister goal to advance to the Wembley Final.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, along with West Ham United, were the first clubs to be promoted to the Premier League for the 1993-94 season and Spurs won the first match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the competition 1-0 away at St James' Park with a Teddy Sheringham goal. The Magpies had their revenge at White Hart Lane in December with a 2-1 win.

An FA Cup Semi-Final at Old Trafford in April 1999 was won 2-0 by Saudi Sportswashing Machine after extra time. Saudi Sportswashing Machine lost their Premier League status at the end of the 2008-09 season but won promotion at the first attempt managed by former Spurs player and assistant manager Chris Hughton. Hughton was sacked under contraversial circumstances in December 2010 and Alan Pardew was appointed as Saudi Sportswashing Machine's new manager.

The fixture at St. James' Park last in October 2011 resulted in a 2-2 draw. Rafael van der Vaart opened the scoring from the penalty spot after 40 minutes. Demba Ba pulled Saudi Sportswashing Machine level three minutes into the second half but Jermain Defoe's 68th minute goal looked like securing all three points. Substitute Shola Ameobi scored a late equaliser for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The reverse fixture at White Hart Lane in February 2012 resulted in a comprehensive 5-0 win for Spurs with goals from Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Louis Saha (2), Niko Kranjcar and Emmanuel Adebayor.

The opening match of the 2012-13 season at St James' Park resulted in a 2-1 win for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Demba Ba put United ahead after 54 minutes with Jermain Defoe equalising for Spurs after 76 minutes. Ben Arfa was fouled by Aaron Lennon and he scored from the penalty spot for the winner on 80 minutes.

Spurs won their home League game in February 2013 2-1 with two goals from Gareth Bale, the first coming after 5 minutes from a free-kick and the second after 78 minutes. Yoan Gouffran had levelled things for Saudi Sportswashing Machine mid-way through the first half.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine won the Premier League game in November 2013 at White Hart Lane 1-0 with Loic Remy's 13th minute goal proving to be the match winner. Tim Krul made a string of outstanding saves to keep Tottenham from scoring.

An Emmanuel Adebayor goal in the 19th minute saw Spurs go into halftime 1-0 up in the February 2014 game at St James' Park. Further goals from Paulinho, Adebayor and Nacer Chadli completed a comprehensive 4-0 win for Spurs.

Tottenham Hotspur have won 64 of the 152 matches played so far with Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning 56 and the remaining 32 games drawn.

A8536_zps7b78912f.jpg

Full History of Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine Matches 1905-2014

A8538_zpsc2ad639d.jpg

They Played for Spurs & Saudi Sportswashing Machine....

Ossie Ardiles (Spurs player & manager, Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager)
Sebastien Bassong
Ted Birnie
Kevin Bond (Assistant manager at both clubs)
Garry Brady
Ivor Broadis
Keith Burkinshaw (Spurs manager, Saudi Sportswashing Machine coach)
Sol Campbell
Stephen Carr

Jesse Carver (Saudi Sportswashing Machine player, Spurs coach)
Ray Clarke
Les Ferdinand
John Fleming
Ruel Fox
Tony Galvin (Spurs player, Saudi Sportswashing Machine asst. manager)
Peter Garland
Paul Gascoigne
David Ginola

Bert Gosnell
Chris Hughton (Spurs player & asst. manager, Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager)
Jim Iley
Jermaine Jenas
John McTavish
Peter McWilliam (Saudi Sportswashing Machine player, Spurs manager)
Paul Moran
Taffy O'Callaghan
Alan Pardew (Spurs loanee, Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager)
Scott Parker
Louis Saha
Kevin Scott
Wayne Routledge
Mark Stimpson

Allan Taylor
Archie Turner
Chris Waddle
Jonathan Woodgate

Charlie Woods (Chief scout with both clubs)

-------------------Lloris-------------------

Dier------Kaboul------Vertonghen---Rose

-----------Capoue-----Mason--------------

---Lamela-------Eriksen--------Chadli----

------------------Soldado------------------

Kane very unlucky not to start.

Love your name by the way. Catch 22, greatest war novel ever written.

Amor your first OMT absolutely rules over my pathetic attempt! I hope that you get the win you deserve!

GHod bless you and everything you stand for!

Vival la spurs! woof bark growl and snarl! go on my son!

Tottenham 5 Poocastle 1 3 Erik RaBONERS!

come on my son!

Soldado fans on here all kidding themselves. I reckon only 5% chance our misfiring Spaniard starts. 75% chance it's Ade, 20% Kane. Rest of team picks itself.

-------------------Lloris-------------------

Kaboul-----Dier-------Vertonghen---Rose

-----------Eriksen-----Mason--------------

---Lamela--------Kane--------Chadli----

------------------Soldado------------------

3-0.

Mike Ashley with two own goals. Gets a text about his proposed merger with Rangers which leads to him losing all concentration as Lamela rabonas it in.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine has always been a tricky match for us, home or away. It was really disappointing to lose 1-0 to them at home last season. But we did beat them 4-0 away after that. It will be great if we can get a positive result like that. We have always struggled in the league after playing in Europe. But after the brilliant win against Asteras in Europe, the players must be in high spirits. We should use that momentum to get a good result here.

The last time Lamela scored in Europe, we played Saudi Sportswashing Machine next and lost at home. And Lamela was dropped for that match. Hope Lamela plays this time and help us to get revenge for that loss. Lamela must be in high confidence now after scoring 2 wonder goals in Europe. It will be disappointing if he doesn't make a similiar impact in this match. We have been waiting for long for his first league goal for us. Hope he can get that goal in this match. But with his new-found fame due to his "rabona" goal in Europe, all the world will be looking at his performance. Hope he put up a good performance and get that elusive first league goal.

Eriksen is another player in good form. He has scored both the goals in our last 2 matches. Hope he can continue that goal run. After scoring 4 league goals, Chadli has not scored in his last 2 matches. Will be good if he can get back his goal run. But will prefer if our strikers start scoring as well. It is annoying that our strikers have only scored 1 league goal so far. Even more annoying to see Soldado missing the penalty against ManCity. On paper, Kane is the only on-form striker after scoring the hattrick against Asteras. So, won't mind if Kane starts against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But if Kane doesn't start, want Soldado start ahead of Adebayor. Despite the missed penalty, Soldado played well against ManCity. Hope Soldado will score for once if he does starts.

One of the reason we are conceding goals easily is that we don't have a reliable defensive midfielder to protect the defence. Capoue makes too many mistakes and doesn't give enough protection to our defence like Sandro used to. Still not sure if Stambouli will be the right man for us. Mason and Benteleb are too attack minded. I think the ideal partnership will be Dembele and Capoue in midfield as Dembele tackles more than Mason or Benteleb. We have struggled badly in defence so far this season. Not sure how we can improve our defending as all are error-prone. Even the reliable Lloris got that stupid red card against Asteras. It is important not to make such stupid mistakes against Saudi Sportswashing Machine as they have players who can punish us. We did keep a clean sheet in our last home league match against Southampton. It will be great if we can keep another clean sheet.

After the way we got humiliated by ManCity in our last league match, it is important to win this match to get back our form. With us playing at home, there is no reason why we cannot win this match. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a erection inducing win.

Last edited:
Soldado fans on here all kidding themselves. I reckon only 5% chance our misfiring Spaniard starts. 75% chance it's Ade, 20% Kane. Rest of team picks itself.

I wouldn't say I'm a Soldado fan, but I think he will start. Poch seems to place a bit of emphasis on having fresh players (see the large amount of rotation for cup games and the resting of players against City after the internationals).

Any official team news yet ?

I guess, apart from Lloris, Vertonghen, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli, all the rest are changeable team selections. Hope Pochettino will get the right team selections. I think we badly need to win this match to get back into the top 4 race. Anything other than a win will be unacceptable !

what I would pick:

Lloris

Dier Kaboul Verts Rose

Dembele Mason

Lamela Eriksen Chadli

Kane

But I reckon Poch will go with Capoue over Dembele and I just can't see him starting Kane, though the lad must be on a real high. Also he's the only one that looks like scoring at the moment.

Back