• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

siggy

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Anyone else think we made a mistake in selling him and not Paulinho and dembele.

On the few occasions we did play him in his right position for the full 90 minutes he played well.

He has got assists and goals this season, I always thought he was the new Lampard and I still think that. Our problem is we sign to many players and then never give them the chance to settle.

I will always have a soft spot for siggy, a very good player.

Was not sure whether this should be in spurs news or general, so mods feel free to move if it in the wrong one.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, although I do agree that he should've been kept ahead of Dembele and Paulinho, we needed to sell and he was one of the few players that we were able to get interest in. I don't think he'd have been able to work in the 3 that Poch is moulding and like Holtby he probably saw his chances of first team football being limited, so he made the decision to leave. Wish we'd got the best out of him, but then this is Tottenham and we don't do stable (at least not that often).

I think it's a confidence thing. At Swansea he's got 100% trust. He starts every game. He's "their" guy. Same when he plays for Iceland. Everything revolves around him.

At Spurs he was constantly getting in good positions but didn't receive the ball. His shots were always hitting the woodwork. His form dipped. He was played out of position. Often found himself on the bench.

Tonight he played CM in a 4-4-2 against Holland. In a 2-0 win. He was intercepting passes, as well as making some of his own. Fending off tackles as well as giving them. Just looked so relaxed and handled everything with ease. Confident. Somehow he never really got going for us which is a real shame, but he's a great lad who's at the top of his game at the moment. Couldn't be happier for him.

Honestly no, good impact player but was unlikely ever to own a midfield spot (and to be fair to him, he wanted to play)

We should have probably sold both him and Paulinho.

Anyway, good luck to the guy.

Should've stayed. Poch told him Mason was preferred to him so no wonder he left - He was never gonna play.

Back