• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

I am hoping Poch being their ex-manager he will know where they have a few weaknesses that we can exploit.

Re: the line-up, you would think it will be the same as the NLD, but personally I cannot see how Kane can be left out right now, him and Chadli seem to be the only ones that understand the concept of putting the ball in the onion bag.

I think the line-up will be the same as against ****, but I want to see something like this.

Lloris

Naughton, Kaboul, Verts, Rose

Capoue, Mason/Stambouli

Lamela, Kane, Chadli

Soldado

Saints 11/4 for the win, for those who like to lay Spurs, thats a massive price when you compare form

I'd go for
Lloris
Naughton,Kaboul, verts, rose
Capoue, Mason
lamela,Kane, chadli
Soldado

Two reason for starting with Kane and Soldado instead of Ade& erikson. The first is that from what I've seen I think they understand each other's games and therefore I feel they could forge a good partnership together and a striking partnership is always a good thing to have at a club. The other reason is Ade is well off form IMO. When he came on on Thursday what did he offer? He was fresh legs and half heartedly offered to close them down. Shame we didn't move him on in the summer as he appears to be in one of his can't be bothered phases.

Lloris

Naughton Kaboul Vertonghen Rose

Capoue Stambouli

Lamela Eriksen Chadli

Soldado

3-1 soldado, eriksen, lamela, kaboul (OG)

I am hoping Poch being their ex-manager he will know where they have a few weaknesses that we can exploit.

its a very different soton now, i think he should be focusing more on getting more out of our attack, otherwise we wouldn't be able to exploit their weaknesses.

Got a bad, bad feeling about this game. Would be all too typical if Southampton beat us and the media would have a field day of writing stories up and down about how **** we've been this season, how good Soton have been without Poch, and yada yada.

Got a bad, bad feeling about this game. Would be all too typical if Southampton beat us and the media would have a field day of writing stories up and down about how **** we've been this season, how good Soton have been without Poch, and yada yada.

Well it could well be a tough afternoon for us, Poch is clearly in the early days of changing our philosophy and quite frankly the first few games have shown SOME (not all) of our players just can't play within it.

Just as many managers have a shaky start as they get their philosophy up and running, Poch is experiencing the same with us.

Meanwhile, Southampton are continuing their fine form of last season, built by Poch, having been able to retain a core of a team who very much flourished under him, in Clyne, Fonte, Schneiderlin etc. They've bought very well, but it's a lot easier to perform well when the expectations are frankly, zero and you already have a very positive and solid platform to build on.

Our platform was non-existant, inheriting a bland squad built by AVB.

If we do lose tomorrow, which isn't outside the realms of possibility, the media may well have a field day. The media are clowns who love to sensationalise things and our poor start will be totally forgotten about if we happen to win a few games on the bounce at some point. Its the way of the world unfortunately.

You can choose to get caught up in it or choose to ignore it.

My team for tomorrow would be:

....................Lloris

Dier......Kaboul.....Vertonghen.....Rose

...........Capoue.......Mason

Chadli...........Lamela...........Dembele

....................Kane

This forum will be very depressing if we lose and we will have two weeks to stew in our own mess. I really hope our players find something tomorrow, if we win we will be right up there and we will have a whole new outlook when things resume after international break.

Its been said before but our creative players need to step up, we need big performances from Lamela & Eriksen and I if we get that then I think we will narrowly come out on top!

Well it could well be a tough afternoon for us, Poch is clearly in the early days of changing our philosophy and quite frankly the first few games have shown SOME (not all) of our players just can't play within it.

Just as many managers have a shaky start as they get their philosophy up and running, Poch is experiencing the same with us.

Meanwhile, Southampton are continuing their fine form of last season, built by Poch, having been able to retain a core of a team who very much flourished under him, in Clyne, Fonte, Schneiderlin etc. They've bought very well, but it's a lot easier to perform well when the expectations are frankly, zero and you already have a very positive and solid platform to build on.

If we do lose tomorrow, which isn't outside the realms of possibility, the media may well have a field day. The media are clowns who love to sensationalise things and our poor start will be totally forgotten about if we happen to win a few games on the bounce at some point. Its the way of the world unfortunately.

You can choose to get caught up in it or choose to ignore it.

:lol: what????

the core of their side has been ripped to shreds. Lambert, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Boruc, they are 5 major players from last seasons success. Plus still no Rodriguez. Koeman has had to build a new side with Forster, Bertrand, Gardos, Tadic, Mane, Pelle, Long

I think I would disagree with you there. When you finish 6th with a bunch of young 1st year players, set to make that big leap in their 2nd season, that's a platform alright. This squad was rated 'very good' by many as I recall, tailor made I heard. (Ironically, at the time I never felt is was quite as good as some made out who said we should have finished 4th or 5th, etc, but anyway...). So then Poch came with the rep - and this is why many wanted him - that he would develop and get the best out of them via some 'real' coaching (which allegedly they had never had under the previous regimes). Nah, he came in to good situation. He took a look, liked what he saw, such that he decided to quit Soton and come here for it. He must have seen a platform. How were we to attract him, or any of the other names being thrown around, if there was no platform?

Last edited:
Back