• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

I'm afraid all talk of our getting a shiny new 20-goals-a-season striker in the January window represents a pretty forlorn hope. I think we'd have bought in the summer if we were going to.

I think you are probably right mudshark, only slim hope I see is that with Poch it seems to be more evolution than revolution. He is trying units within teams and now he has sorted the priority at LB he has time to evaluate the other areas. For me his real team and style has yet to come out. There's a lot of fog to see through yet.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

January signings can be very beneficial, its not done Hull any harm in recently. I know its a pretty forlorn hope that baldy and baldi will do anything.

I'm afraid all talk of our getting a shiny new 20-goals-a-season striker in the January window represents a pretty forlorn hope. I think we'd have bought in the summer if we were going to.
Can't see us paying the wages of a new striker while we still have Ade leeching money out of the club.

Add soldado to that.
You can't really call it leeching if he's not getting picked. I'm sure Soldado would love to play given half a chance.

Even when Ade actually bothers turning up, you can rarely call what he does playing football.

Its funn, people talk about giving Lamela a chance a run of games but Soldado? nope nada...

I'm going to leave this thread before the same fight spills over..

But Lamela has shown flashes of ability. That's why.

Does Andy Booth still play? That's what we need, a player who's not getting a game for a championship club to come and lead the line from January.

And you guys are worrying about which big name striker could replace Ade or Soldado... short memories in football...

That doesn't really say much as Lukaku is even more overrated than Benteke.

Fact remains we have to sign strikers with a bit of a ? mark over them, proven top class strikers are not gettable for us! We then have to hope we can coach them to be the bees knees.

Dont really know what my point is as its unlikely we will sign anyone anyway, it just does not sit right with me that we only have three strikers, we definitely need 4! perhaps we can recall Coulthirst:eek:

In terms of shuffling what we have would love to see Soldado with Kane just behind or visa versa given a run of games, cant help but be in the anything but Ade camp atm.

Fact remains we have to sign strikers with a bit of a ? mark over them, proven top class strikers are not gettable for us! We then have to hope we can coach them to be the bees knees.

Dont really know what my point is as its unlikely we will sign anyone anyway, it just does not sit right with me that we only have three strikers, we definitely need 4! perhaps we can recall Coulthirst:eek:

In terms of shuffling what we have would love to see Soldado with Kane just behind or visa versa given a run of games, cant help but be in the anything but Ade camp atm.

And we are far more likely to find someone outside of the PL, both in terms of quality and value.

We don't need 4 though as long we're only starting one. You need 2 good ones and one backup.

And we are far more likely to find someone outside of the PL, both in terms of quality and value.

We don't need 4 though as long we're only starting one. You need 2 good ones and one backup.

Maybe you make very good points, perhaps I should stop pining for 2 up front, seems like its never going to happen anyway....its just for me to play the lone striker, said striker needs to be Strong or quick, basically a beast, Costa for Chelsea more than exemplifies this. Now for me we play a similar system and we have not one striker who is as nearly effective as Costa or even dare I say it Giroud for the goons who can hold up the ball.

I fear we will not score enough goals playing as we do without a striker competent in the lone role, therefore in the interest of scoring goals whilst perhaps weakening us slightly in midfield, why dont we play Soldado & Kane and ask Kane to drop a bit if we are getting gubbed in midfield.

We need to start scoring goals and be more consistent against those teams we are supposed to gobble up for breakfast, therefore we need to play 2 strikers more, therefore in the interest of rotation and adequate cover against injury I say we need 4....So there!:)

There seems little point in playing like Chels Or the other lot when we dont have the players capable of pulling it off...which is probably why we will be frustrating until poch has had a couple or three transfer windows......if he lasts that long.....sigh!

maybe we should play 4-6-0 like barca with lamela as messi, and eriksen in a central position supporting him.

Back