• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

He exaggerated it, but he did take 5 days if I remember correctly to return, at a time we had no other fit strikers. We expected him back by about Wednesday at the latest so he could get some training in before the game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but he got back Friday, which meant he had no training with the first team at all, so we had to put him on the bench.

I still have no idea what happened in this incident. I'm not sure anyone else does either.

Plus Togo currently don't look like they want to qualify, so we might get to keep ade.

So if Adebayor can improve his play as he did last season then why can't Soldado under a new manager with different ideas?

because i don't think he has the ability to do so (hence me not rating him). He could but my opinion is that he won't.

No more questions directed my way please mate...i like you which is why i'm replying but i'm kind of fed up with this topic as we're all going around in circles.

so like 36 hours or something?

hanging offense i think not.

Well no, he was actually expected back on Monday, so he was 4 days late. I remember at the time some of us stressing that he wasn't back on Tuesday, people said "it's fine he will back tomorrow." Then another day went by "he'll be back by tomorrow." Then it's Friday and just about makes it back "oh, I guess he didn't make it back in time for training" but people still defended him :lol: It's not the worst offense, but he is in a world of his own sometimes.

Well no, he was actually expected back on Monday, so he was 4 days late. I remember at the time some of us stressing that he wasn't back on Tuesday, people said "it's fine he will back tomorrow." Then another day went by "he'll be back by tomorrow." Then it's Friday and just about makes it back "oh, I guess he didn't make it back in time for training" but people still defended him :lol: It's not the worst offense, but he is in a world of his own sometimes.

how did you go from wednesday to monday!!!?? :lol:

I still have no idea what happened in this incident. I'm not sure anyone else does either.

Plus Togo currently don't look like they want to qualify, so we might get to keep ade.

He got fined by the club and we had to sent a private jet. Yes, we only have the press reports to go on, but I don't remember anyone official at the club denying it, or supporting Ade funnily enough.

how did you go from wednesday to monday!!!?? :lol:

Monday being when we expected/hoped, Wednesday being the absolute latest. Companies do the same all the time, they set a deadline (sometimes unrealistically) but sometimes leave you a bit of wiggle room, depending on your boss of coure.

am talking about him taking 2 weeks paid leave without permission and not notifying anyone....like he owned the joint :lol:
Yeah, realised that eventually!

It was an exaggeration, but his team was knocked out on the Sunday and it took him the rest of that day, all of the Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu and Fri to get back.

Not only that, but the press reports at the time would suggest that the club didn't have a clue what Ade was planning.

He got fined by the club and we had to sent a private jet. Yes, we only have the press reports to go on, but I don't remember anyone official at the club denying it, or supporting Ade funnily enough.

That was the result, but doesn't explain what happened.. Why he was still out there..

What does it matter why? We needed him back.

Of course it matters why. If he had time off because of a death in the family then would you sit here and have a go at him?

No, because the 'why' is completely understandable. They are people first, footballers second.

Of course it matters why. If he had time off because of a death in the family then would you sit here and have a go at him?

No, because the 'why' is completely understandable. They are people first, footballers second.
5 days off because of a death in the family seems at the long end, but reasonable.

All I've read is excuses from Ade about going to see the president though.

5 days off because of a death in the family seems at the long end, but reasonable.

All I've read is excuses from Ade about going to see the president though.

Five days off for a death is unreasonable? Crazy. It was just a theoretical point mind.

The only article i could find was that the Togo FA ****ed around with planes, and as captain he felt he had a responsibility to look after the rest of the team. I doubt we'll ever know what truly happened.

Five days off for a death is unreasonable? Crazy. It was just a theoretical point mind.

The only article i could find was that the Togo FA ****ed around with planes, and as captain he felt he had a responsibility to look after the rest of the team. I doubt we'll ever know what truly happened.

He could've been back earlier than he was. Take it from someone that holds 3 contacts with players/staff. He acted unprofessionally.

He could've been back earlier than he was. Take it from someone that holds 3 contacts with players/staff. He acted unprofessionally.

He could have been, and it was unprofessional not to let the club know what was going on. But without knowing what happened, I can't slate him for it.

And I know that'll be put down as me being an 'ade supporter', but it's more just that I have faith in human beings, possibly too much.

Last edited:
100 pages of discussion about who is least rubbish out of Ade and Soldado

Meanwhile Kane and Chadli have both got about 4 goals in 5 games!

Clearly Kane doesn't have the athleticism of Ade or the pedigree of Soldado, but he does kick the ball in the net in every game, and that is a good thing.

I've often defended him against some of the off the field criticism he's been getting. I've also thought that he gets some unfair flak because of his body language.

His performances on the pitch recently have not been good enough though. He seems either unwilling or incapable of using his size and strength. There was a situation last night against the scum where he essentially lost a flick on header with himself. The defender didn't even touch him, but seemingly worried about having to actually challenge in the duel Ade essentially pulled out and the ball just sailed over him.

His size and strength are his main assets when compared to Soldado imo. I think it's why he's been in the team so far this season. But when he cannot use those even against Arsenal away I see no reason to keep starting him ahead of Soldado.

True, Soldado won't hold the ball up or win headers, but at the moment Ade doesn't either so I would rather have Soldado.

As I said in the post you quoted, it's reasonable - just a little more than I'd expect. I'd aim for zero and try and keep it as close to that as possible.

So there's nobody Ade trusts in the country of his birth who he could leave some admin regarding flights with? He really needs to sort out his priorities - playing for his national team is somewhere lower than playing for Spurs in the priority list, being the team's travel agent is waaaay down that list.

Tob ehonest the discussion shouldnt be about comparing Ade with Soldado - Soldado has nothing to do with this. Ade is/was **** and should be gotten rid of asap. It was a disgrace yesterday and I for one would drive him to the nearest airport myself given the opportunity.

Back