• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Actually what you're saying is false. The same people that are criticising him now have peddled the same crap throughout his stay here so please don't even try and imply that they've based their judgment on this season and nothing else. The reason you think this is because you're in favour of sold ado starting so naturally you see it that way.

I liked Ade the first time we had him here - I cheered him louder than any City fan when he stamped on a rapist and slid on the floor.

I wanted him back and laughed at City when we stole him for £5M.

Then the other Ade turned up and kept the good Ade locked away except for about 4 games a season.

Actually what you're saying is false. The same people that are criticising him now have peddled the same crap throughout his stay here so please don't even try and imply that they've based their judgment on this season and nothing else. The reason you think this is because you're in favour of sold ado starting so naturally you see it that way.

i have no agenda on this issue other than to see our strikers get a chance and show who is the best option - so far Adebayor has played to pretty much a poor standard overall, i now want to see Soldado given a chance. you on the other hand don't want Soldado to even get a chance as he was 'turd water' (i believe was your eloquent description) last season under AVB - who funnily enough is the manager who use as the reason why Adebayor was poor. so don't tell me what my reasons for thinking anything is thank you

1) of course we should ignore his performances in spain when he's in his second season here and we've seen him first hand. A players performances in another league imo is irrelevant. I will consider his performances last season in this league though...ok i've considered it...turbo ****.

2) I'm ignoring this nonsense.

3) Don't care what he did with other managers (and i'm not sure you're correct anyway). At our club he's had 4 managers...2 liked him, 1 made him vice captain and 1 didn't like him.

maybe i don't but what's really irritating is that you AND MOST NEVER NEVER point that at others who have done the same exact thing (because their argument suits your opinion). So quick to point the finger when the opinion doesn't suit yours but remain quiet when others do the same thing (because it's the opinion you share).

you only see what you want to see if that's what you think KD.

i have no agenda on this issue other than to see our strikers get a chance and show who is the best option - so far Adebayor has played to pretty much a poor standard overall, i now want to see Soldado given a chance. you on the other hand don't want Soldado to even get a chance as he was 'turd water' (i believe was your eloquent description) last season under AVB - who funnily enough is the manager who use as the reason why Adebayor was poor. so don't tell me what my reasons for thinking anything is thank you

yet you have the nerve to make out like the people on here are merely judging Ade on this season and nothing else:ross:. Have a look at some of the comments a few seasons back (hell even the 11/12 season when he was good) It's the same posters that always find a fault...i wish we could go back to see threads again. Please in future don't make out like i'm doing something that others haven't done the same thing..thanks.

You've failed again btw Billy and this time badly:

I did say Ade was poor in 12/13 season and yes i did blame AVB BUT i also said time and time again that i will not count Soldado's performances under AVB last season and i'm willing to ignore his poor performances under AVB due to the system we played and the fact he was starved off and meaningful opportunities. Wait i'll even find my posts about it at the time....and then i will happily accept your apology.

yet you have the nerve to make out like the people on here are merely judging Ade on this season and nothing else:ross:. Have a look at some of the comments a few seasons back (hell even the 11/12 season when he was good) It's the same posters that always find a fault...i wish we could go back to see threads again. Please in future don't make out like i'm doing something that others haven't done the same thing..thanks.

You've failed again btw Billy and this time badly:

I did say Ade was poor in 12/13 season and yes i did blame AVB BUT i also said time and time again that i will not count Soldado's performances under AVB last season and i'm willing to ignore his poor performances under AVB due to the system we played and the fact he was starved off and meaningful opportunities. Wait i'll even find my posts about it at the time....and then i will happily accept your apology.

so what's your reasoning for not wanting to give him a chance this season then? :rio:

posted september 28th 2013 in the soldado thread (page 34)

"I knew this would happen when we signed him...people expect too much from him imo. He's a poacher and needs his teammates to create chances for him to be at his most effective. If i'm being totally honest he's got far better link up play and passing than i thought and i've been pleasantly surprised.

He needs his teammates to create more for him. Now we have Eriksen, Holtby on form and Lamela still to come it will happen. It's not like he's missing chances galore is it? he's getting in decent positions but not been given the opportunities (except Cardiff away)."

1st october 2013 (page 35) soldado thread

Strikers new to the league this season

Bony
Van Wolfswinkel
Osvaldo
Negredo
Jovetic
Eto'o
Anelka
Altidore

and not one of them has been really good or banging in goals. It takes time ffs..

i've found those so far...i will try and find the countless times i specifically said AVB's tactics doesn't suit him but you get the point.

1) of course we should ignore his performances in spain when he's in his second season here and we've seen him first hand. A players performances in another league imo is irrelevant. I will consider his performances last season in this league though...ok i've considered it...turbo ****.

They're just as relevant to any performances under another manager in another season.

If we're only counting relevant seasons then it's this one. Ade has scored the same number of goals as Soldado in over 3 times the playing time.

2) I'm ignoring this nonsense.

Because it doesn't fit your preconceived opinion?

Think about it in accounting terms:

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine wanted to buy Bale tomorrow (and he wanted to go there) they'd need to pay £100M. That wouldn't cause any cash issues as they'd just split the payments over 4 or 5 years. They'd make a loss on his amortisation of around £20M per year, but that's not a lot by football club finances. Then they'd sell him for at least what they'd paid and make all the money back again.

What they wouldn't get back is the £40M-£50 they'd pay him in wages over the course of a 5 year contract. That's dead money, it's gone forever - transfer fees are almost always recoverable.

3) Don't care what he did with other managers (and i'm not sure you're correct anyway). At our club he's had 4 managers...2 liked him, 1 made him vice captain and 1 didn't like him.

At our club he's had two managers who (like him) consider themselves over the rest of the team and rot a club from the inside out. Peas in a pod that lot.

I don't know why you think you can just discard all information that doesn't fit what you think and only keep that which backs you up. Wenger and Mancini have seen more success as managers than all of those we've had will probably ever see - their opinion on players is usually pretty good. Poch hasn't really had long enough here but based on Ade's history in the PL, there's a better than 50% chance he will fall out with him at some point.

is this a genuine question? hopefully not.

yes it is a serious question

you've written Soldado off to the point where you don't want to give him another chance in the first team?

he hasn't played for MP in the first team, like Adebayor, so it's not based on this seasons form.

you aren't holding his form under AVB against him, apparently, so that leaves Tim Sherwoods time in the second half of last season? where he barely had a run of games and even when he did manage to score or grab a couple of assists/play well he was straight back on the bench again.

Spursalot - Ade is on £200k a week. Soldado around £100k a week. I make that double.

KD - Are you actually Adebayor??

Spursalot - Ade is on £200k a week. Soldado around £100k a week. I make that double.

KD - Are you actually Adebayor??

Newspapers always like to inflate figures - I suspec they include all kinds of performance bonuses that neither will be getting at the moment.

And there's no way KD is Ade - he puts far too much effort in!

Oh no we don't. In total he isn't far away though.

I thought this was all sorted out last year, We pay him about 100k and Emirates Marketing Project pay him about 40K (not sure when the city contributions end).

So if Soldado is paid 100k a year, and we pay Ade 100k a year..

I thought this was all sorted out last year, We pay him about 100k and Emirates Marketing Project pay him about 40K (not sure when the city contributions end).

So if Soldado is paid 100k a year, and we pay Ade 100k a year..

Sure. Ok maybe he isn't on double then but he's still on a lot more than Ade overall. Just to settle that pointless stat!

Four of which were penalties, which someone else could have taken and scored.

I don't really see the adebayor stat as relevant. Plus that was his second season at arsenal, not his first.

It's relevant because you are writing off a player who had one very bad season in England, when in reality, it was not that much worse than Adebayor's first full season. It would be unfair to count his first actual season as it wasn't a full campaign for him.

Granted, it's at a different club, but we have a new manager who may be able to get the best out of Soldado.

can't you guys just have a simple debate without resorting to such bollox?

cut it out ffs

the debate although heated at least was based purely on football until two people intervened.

Anyway i think Ade should continue starting or else give Kane a try. I would start Ade in the next league game though.

It wasn't name calling..it was a genuine question like yours was. You must have assumed i might be Adebayor because i was defending him so you had a very good reason to think i was him tbh. Similarly i thought you was MikeT because EVERY time i have some sort of interaction with Marky...there he was a few seconds later to direct something my way (must have been intuition). You possess those same magical powers so naturally i thought you was him.

Hhmmmmm....

Anyway, why don't we wait and see how Ade plays next time and continue this debate!

I don't rate him you do fair cop. We both agree he isn't upto speed so far this season. I will give Ade a clean slate every game hopefully you will with Soldado and just hope they both score goals for the club.

Back