• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

You mean "same number of goals as Ade in a third of the playing time" Soldado?

Or do you mean "just as (in)effective as Ade for half the wages" Soldado?

Or maybe you mean "just as (in)effective without the poisonous disrespect of managers" Soldado?

I don't think that anyone has claimed that any of our strikers are good enough for the level to which we aspire, just that Ade is by far the worst choice of them.

Exaclty. Don't think anyone is 100% convinced Soldado will be a success in England, just that playing in for 5 games or so can't really be much worse than what we've seen the man who was born offside. Oh no wait, Soldado had one awful season so we can't ever play him again.

Most of us realise the strikers are not good enough and we need to go back into the market in January.

Or maybe you mean "just as (in)effective without the poisonous disrespect of managers" Soldado?

I don't think that anyone has claimed that any of our strikers are good enough for the level to which we aspire, just that Ade is by far the worst choice of them.

No, I meant his strike rate is decent. That's what I said. If I'd meant the others I would have said them.

You think adebayor is on twice the wages that soldado is on? Madness.

I agree (and have said this previously in the soldado thread) neither are currently playing well enough.

Last edited:
You're basing this on one season of play in a new league. Adebayor managed 8 league goals during his first full season at Arsenal, that's only two more than Soldado last season. And Adebayor was playing for a far, far more creative side.

I'm basing what on what?

I'm doing jack ****. I can't sit here and make up strike rates, and soldado did only score two goals from open play (in the league). There's nothing wrong in that statement.

Last edited:
That's the biggest understatement i've ever read.

Don't worry your confidence for him will be gone when he misses sitter number 10 in his first 2 games.

at least those posters ****ging Adebayor wait for him to play before laying the boot in.

im not really sure why posters seem intent on making it a one v the other all the time on these types of issues.

Talk about twisting stats...

1) Are you talking about just this season? and counting soldado's euro goal?

2) 5m permanent fee vs 26M

3) Disrespect of AVB.

Ade has played under 4 managers with us:

1) Arry loved him
2) AVB didn't.
3) Sherwood loved him
4) Poch seems to rate him highly and made him vice captain.

I'm basing what on what?

I'm doing jack ****. I can't sit here and make up strike rates, and soldado did only score two goals from open play (in the league). There's nothing wrong in that statement.

You are basing Soldado's goal record on one season which was 6 goals in the league, Adebayor's first full season in England was 8 league goals, a whopping 2 goals better, playing in a far more creative and settled side, under the same manager the entire time. And no, I haven't made that Adebayor stat up.

3) Disrespect of AVB.

The fee was only so low because Emirates Marketing Project couldn't wait to get rid of him, to the point where they even decided to pay half his wages just to get him to clear off.

Yep. I'm pretty sure it was you who didn't want to consider Soldado's previous performance when discussing his attributes.

Or are we only allowed to include the seasons that fit your narrative?

Transfer fees are fairly irrelevant to football businesses, it's the wages that do the damage to the accounts. Very rarely (except for the likes of Chelsea/City) do teams take a real bath on resale value.

We could spend almost any amount on a player as we write off their value over the course of their 4-5 year contract. We would then (in almost every circumstance) make a large chunk of that back in resale value.

Wages on the other hand, are why we can't attract the top players yet Ade is taking up the wage of a world class player in our squad (two if we went for younger ones).

You're also neglecting to take into account (surprise, surprise!) that much of Soldado's fee will be in add-ons. Most reliable sources seem to suggest that half of the fee is performance-related.

3) Disrespect of AVB.

Yep. Absolutley disgusting behaviour for which he should have been left in the reserves while his career rotted away. Disgusting, disrespectful, greedy excuse for a human being. He really should have stayed at Arsenal, he suits them much better than he does us.

The fee was only so low because Emirates Marketing Project couldn't wait to get rid of him, to the point where they even decided to pay half his wages just to get him to clear off.

But who cares why they're low? if we're comparing their rumoured wages then we also compare the rumoured transfer fees.

You are basing Soldado's goal record on one season which was 6 goals in the league, Adebayor's first full season in England was 8 league goals, a whopping 2 goals better, playing in a far more creative and settled side, under the same manager the entire time. And no, I haven't made that Adebayor stat up.

Four of which were penalties, which someone else could have taken and scored.

I don't really see the adebayor stat as relevant. Plus that was his second season at arsenal, not his first.

Scaramanga..

1) What are you talking about? you're pretty sure it's me who didn't want to consider soldado's previous performances despite ME SAYING HE SHOULDN'T PLAY BECAUSE OF HIS GARBAGE PERFORMANCES LAST SEASON:ross: doesn't even make sense:ross:

2) I can't and won't even try and respond because it's quite simply the most ridiculous thing i've read in a long time. "Transfer fees are fairly irrelevant in football" yes of course.

3) ok that's your opinion but please don't say "managerS" like he's had issues with a lot of our managers. The fact is he's been managed by 4 managers here and 3 liked him and made him a first team regular....these are indeed facts.

Sorry mate but this is a very bad post indeed.

how so? people are knocking Adebayors performances this season in the first team with the new manager and his tactics - you're writing Soldado off before he's had the same opportunities.

posters are bringing up Adebayors poor season in 12/13 - to which you use AVB as the reason why he under performed.

you then use Soldados poor season last year as your cheif reason to write him off and then you dismiss the reasons posters use as to why that's unfair.

it's one rule for Adebayor and one rule for Soldado from you

(i say this as someone who rates both forwards and was giving Adebayor as much a chance last season/ the season before as i am prepared to do with Soldado this season)

where did you get your stats from? according to my extensive research he bagged 4 goals in 10 games in his first season (he signed midway 05/06).

how so? people are knocking Adebayors performances this season in the first team with the new manager and his tactics - you're writing Soldado off before he's had the same opportunities.

posters are bringing up Adebayors poor season in 12/13 - to which you use AVB as the reason why he under performed.

you then use Soldados poor season last year as your cheif reason to write him and then you dissmiss the reasons posters use as to why that's unfair.

it's one rule for Adebayor and one rule for Soldado from you

(i say this as someone who rates both forwards and was giving Adebayor as much a chance last season/ the season before as i am prepared to do with Soldado this season)

Actually what you're saying is false. The same people that are criticising him now have peddled the same crap throughout his stay here so please don't even try and imply that they've based their judgment on this season and nothing else. The reason you think this is because you're in favour of sold ado starting so naturally you see it that way.

Scaramanga..

1) What are you talking about? you're pretty sure it's me who didn't want to consider soldado's previous performances despite ME SAYING HE SHOULDN'T PLAY BECAUSE OF HIS GARBAGE PERFORMANCES LAST SEASON:ross: doesn't even make sense:ross:

No, it was definitely you who said we shoudl ignore his peroformances in Spain because they didn't fit your narrative of him missing all his chances.

2) I can't and won't even try and respond because it's quite simply the most ridiculous thing i've read in a long time. "Transfer fees are fairly irrelevant in football" yes of course.

Read any (serious) article about football finances. Pretty much any club can spend any amount of money on a transfer fee as long as they get most of it back on resale. It's the wages they (and us) can't afford to pay.

I don't doubt for a second that we'd get all of our initial £13M outlay back if we sold Soldado tomorrow, and I suspect we'd get any further payments we've had to make back too.

3) ok that's your opinion but please don't say "managerS" like he's had issues with a lot of our managers. The fact is he's been managed by 4 managers here and 3 liked him and made him a first team regular....these are indeed facts.

He fell out with Wenger and Mancini too and hasn't had a chance to fall out with Poch yet. Let's see how Poch feels when Ade takes an unannounced (paid) holiday for two weeks after the ACN.

but of course you're impartial and see everything 50-50

maybe i don't but what's really irritating is that you AND MOST NEVER NEVER point that at others who have done the same exact thing (because their argument suits your opinion). So quick to point the finger when the opinion doesn't suit yours but remain quiet when others do the same thing (because it's the opinion you share).

Back