• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT***Tottenham Hotspur FC v Woolwich Wanckers

The more I think about it, the more I think we must start with Townsend....his pace will worry them and tbf to the guy, whilst he frustrates the hell out of all of us with his silly and selfish decisions to shoot on sight, he has got the balls to take the fight to them.

How often have many of our players shivelled up at the Death Star? At least we can be sure he wont do that. If he keeps taking the wrong decisions then haul him off I say...

not for me..

we NEED eriksen on the left and you dont drop Lamela.. unless we play Lamela off striker with Townsend on the right.

The more I think about it, the more I think we must start with Townsend....his pace will worry them and tbf to the guy, whilst he frustrates the hell out of all of us with his silly and selfish decisions to shoot on sight, he has got the balls to take the fight to them.

How often have many of our players shivelled up at the Death Star? At least we can be sure he wont do that. If he keeps taking the wrong decisions then haul him off I say...
I cannot think of a rational argument for starting him tomorrow other than a load of injuries.

not for me..

we NEED eriksen on the left and you dont drop Lamela.. unless we play Lamela off striker with Townsend on the right.

Not sure about that. He's been relatively flaky in the games we've needed him; but I think we could put out a team with him in it like:

Lloris

Naughton Fazio Vlad Rose

Stambouli Dembele

Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Ade

Could work....I guess....

I cannot think of a rational argument for starting him tomorrow other than a load of injuries.

Apart from him, who else has pace to push them back? Ade? Lennon. Lennon is almost always poor at the Emirates. We will need some pace to provide an outlet imo.
I don't think Lennon provides that so much these days, but Townsend does.
In fact Lennon might be more effective coming on to replace Townsend later in the game, when it might be more stretched

Not sure about that. He's been relatively flaky in the games we've needed him; but I think we could put out a team with him in it like:

Lloris

Naughton Fazio Vlad Rose

Stambouli Dembele

Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Ade

Could work....I guess....

he's been dog**** because he's been central.. he's never had a good game playing central for us. personally, Chadli doesnt deserve to be dropped. Hes our top goalscorer and works well with Rose

PRE NLD nerves anyone?

judging by the mention of random players and different formations, and just the general depressive mood in this thread then no one really thinks we have a prayer tomorrow! I think we all know in our heads how tomorrow will pan out....but I say to you all, what if tomorrow is the turn of the tide, what if everything clicks and we get the rub of the green on the day! There is that chance, and losing badly wont kill us.....constant upheaval of managers and playing staff has been the negative for us for years now. Thats whats been killing us.

Although it feels like it sometimes they (gooners or our squad) can never kill our hope, its why we write on here with fire in our belly's, its not about finishing 4th place and acting as if you have won the world cup.

What I am saying is that its 11 vs 11 (until we get someone sent off early on) We have a fuc**ing chance and surely the law of averages has to throw something our way soon! we cant keep playing and looking like not scoring forever can we?

COME ON GG were all in this for the love of the spurs!!!! remember why,how,when you fell in love with this club! basically lets not just roll over and take it up the tailpipe from the smug arrogant co**suckers!

NOT LONG TO GO! COYS! see you on the other side people!

he's been dog**** because he's been central.. he's never had a good game playing central for us. personally, Chadli doesnt deserve to be dropped. Hes our top goalscorer and works well with Rose

Haven't the 3 behind Ade had licence to roam and interchange positions? Eriksen has not been central per say; maybe just not good enough right now.

Fair point re Chadli. It is easy to forget that he's our top scorer. But in the key matches against very good opposition, when has he EVER done anything? I'm also prepared to play Townsend over him due to him being (far?) less pacy. For me it's a toss of a coin atm.....I suspect it will be Chadli though anyhow..

Apart from him, who else has pace to push them back? Ade? Lennon. Lennon is almost always poor at the Emirates. We will need some pace to provide an outlet imo.
I don't think Lennon provides that so much these days, but Townsend does.
In fact Lennon might be more effective coming on to replace Townsend later in the game, when it might be more stretched

I think that brains is more likely to be effective against Arsenal than just pace. Obviously, if they are pushing up and are slow on the turn we should consider bringing Townsend but for starting tomorrow I would have him behind the three that started the last Premier League game and Kane and Lennon.

I think that brains is more likely to be effective against Arsenal than just pace. Obviously, if they are pushing up and are slow on the turn we should consider bringing Townsend but for starting tomorrow I would have him behind the three that started the last Premier League game and Kane and Lennon.

Fair enough, especially the first bit

Haven't the 3 behind Ade had licence to roam and interchange positions? Eriksen has not been central per say; maybe just not good enough right now.

Fair point re Chadli. It is easy to forget that he's our top scorer. But in the key matches against very good opposition, when has he EVER done anything? I'm also prepared to play Townsend over him due to him being (far?) less pacy. For me it's a toss of a coin atm.....I suspect it will be Chadli though anyhow..

when has townsend?

when has townsend?

tbf, I thought he was very good in the NLD we lost at home in March. His match rating would likely have been far higher if Chadli hadn't continually c0cked-up the chances he had (at least one of which was created by Townsend)

Mikel Arteta has claimed Mauricio Pochettino is like a father figure to him.

Arsenal captain Arteta, 32, played alongside Pochettino when they were together at Paris Saint-Germain at opposite stages of their careers.

Tottenham boss Pochettino, 42, was nearing the end of his playing days at PSG while Arteta was just starting and claims his former team mate was one of the biggest influences on his career.

They will face each other in the North London derby with Arteta insisting that he always knew that Pochettino would be a top manager. Arteta believes Pochettino’s biggest influence was ex-Argentina boss Marcelo Biesla.

Arteta said: “Yeah, we played together at Paris Saint-Germain. He was the captain for them when I started my career, he really looked after me. He was like a dad, even if he doesn't like that word but he really looked after me.

“I always appreciate what he did for me when I started my career, all the advice that he gave me. He has been a top person in my career.

“He had a character. He had Marcelo Bielsa, who for him was his hero and his mentor. He had him in the national team and most of the concepts he's got to try to put in his teams are from him.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-skipper-mikel-arteta-says-4329191#ixzz3ESm5WyzO
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Hold on a second. Am I right in that it is likely that Alexis will be drifting to the right of their front 3, so will be likely up against Rose and Vlad/Verts??

:eek:

I don't give a crap about the difference in quality, it's the difference in mentality that kills me everytime. Most recent games they have wanted it more than us and that for me is criminal.

So wha if we don't have worldies In The team?! The very least I expect is fight. Wenger gets the importance of this game- however **** his bunch are playing he knows a win against us is a massive morale boost. Surely it's a much bigger boost for our lot. Feck it we are huge underdogs tomorrow make no mistakes. So what do we have to lose?

I'm hoping poch can stir some passion in our lot cos were going to need it. COYS!!!!!

Here we go! Play our best player out of position from you again!! Glad you're not picking the team!

If he plays left and has a good game I'll be delighted but his best position is in the centre. I thought anyone whose watched him knew that by now??!?

I'm going to miss this one as I'm at a family wedding. To be honest, I'm going to try to forget until I check back after the wedding to see what happened. I can't be checking my phone all the way through proceedings.

I am anxious about the game, if we play like we have in our last few games, we're screwed! But we may raise our game and shock people...here's hoping!!

One simple word from me ahead of the game against the scum. No negativity, no criticising our players. Only one thing matters tomorrow, and that is that we win in Woolwich.

COYS

A lot of you talk about pace, and the pace of Townsend. Is it just me or have any other of you noticed that he actually doesn't seem very quick anymore! Looks like he's lost a lot of pace. He just doesn't seem to be able to run away from defenders anymore.

A lot of you talk about pace, and the pace of Townsend. Is it just me or have any other of you noticed that he actually doesn't seem very quick anymore! Looks like he's lost a lot of pace. He just doesn't seem to be able to run away from defenders anymore.

Erm...do you mean Lennon??

Back