• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Nottingham Forrest ***

1) I felt that during the last 15 minutes of the second half, Bentaleb and Stambouli got forward really well and their runs from deep off the ball actually created a lot of options. When Mason came on he did the same, obviously to great effect given that stunner. Definately want the others back there to follow his example when moving the ball forward. Stambouli for me went off the boil in the second half. I enjoyed what I saw of him in the first 45 and he certainly doesn't lack energy.

2) With proper attacking fullbacks (especially on the right), we may have opened them up more often. A few times Naughton had space to run into but didn't make the move. He seems more confident coming in field than bombing up the wing.

3) Paulinho oh Paulinho. He hassled well when we didn't have the ball, but the guy looks so dejected. His body language said it all and despite wanting to see him succeed, I really don't think he will. He isn't blessed with a massive skillset and seems too much of a luxury. If he's here after Xmas i'll be suprised.

4) Kane's finish was what we have been waiting to see. For a while now we've been commenting on his first touch and shooting being his weak area, but tonight he took his goal really well.

PS: How will Darlow and Lascelles feel when they trade the EPL with Forest for the Championship with Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Haha, Soldado. Couldn't score if he tried, we should just boot it at him from now on!

But if you look at 99% of his goals in Spain they were very similar. Balls fizzed into him at pace and boom, its in the back of the net. We simply havnt been giving him the correct type of service. He wants it at him in the 18 yard box, with enough pace he can guide it in.

A much needed win. Well done to Jermaine and Glenn for picking a nice draw for us in the next round. We should beat Brighton, just hope we draw Shrewsbury in the quarter finals, at the Lane of course :)

But if you look at 99% of his goals in Spain they were very similar. Balls fizzed into him at pace and boom, its in the back of the net. We simply havnt been giving him the correct type of service. He wants it at him in the 18 yard box, with enough pace he can guide it in.

Precisely. I don't know why we signed Soldado given the way we were playing under AVB where it was very controlled. Soldado would have been deadly in Redknapp's team where it was all about putting as many dangerous balls into the box as possible with Lennon, Bale, BAE and Corluka just pumping it in as much as possible.

The fact is Soldado is a poacher and he's an instinctive one at that. A bit like Robbie Keane in that regard, in that you can imagine if he has too much time to think, it's not his game, he wants a hard, low, dangerous cross/cut-back, through ball that he just has to instinctively re-direct. He has a very good instinct in that regard of quick thinking and movement to get onto these kind of balls. If we give him more of that he'll score lots, that's clear to me. Case in point was a re-directed bullet header he scored in Europa last season. It's the type of header not many would actually score as the ball came at him so fast, but its the type of service he loves and the type he just doesn't get often enough.

Soldado is top class at what he does, but does he suit how we want to play? Imagine if we played with 2 up front, him and Ade would be a quality pairing no?

Soldado is top class at what he does, but does he suit how we want to play? Imagine if we played with 2 up front, him and Ade would be a quality pairing no?

ade doesn't play well with anyone - i suspect that's the reason why a lot of clubs strung him out to dry.

i'd prefer kane and soldado - both have movement and both are able to provide a proper assist, unlike ade who is likely to pass a slow safe ball sideways while he ambles into position.

ade doesn't play well with anyone - i suspect that's the reason why a lot of clubs strung him out to dry.

i'd prefer kane and soldado - both have movement and both are able to provide a proper assist, unlike ade who is likely to pass a slow safe ball sideways while he ambles into position.

Correct. Kane and Soldado gor me. Against 75% of the teams we play we can put out a 442. Only a few teams, the top ones, would we need 5 in midfield,

Good shout, point was more I think Soldado would be very effictive if he had soeone more physical up top with him. I actually dont think physically he's that bad at holding the ball up, but the type of service he gets in general is just not what he needs at all. Just a shame I doubt we will see us play with 2 up top except for when we are chasing a game....

Thank **** for Mason!

Put in a shift when he came on, did much more in half an hour than his teammates beforehand. Gave us urgency and purpose, instead of the *******s slow tempo, no threat approach we adopted before going behind.

Job done in the end, but for a long time it looked to be a very frustrating night, and it was a weak Nottingham Forest team by all accounts. We need to buck up our ideas if we're to even finish in the top seven this season. It was a chance for the new signings to prove their worth but that didn't materialise. Ben Davies runs in treacle I swear, Fazio will never be more than a backup here and Stambouli gave the ball away a LOT, but I'll give him time to get to grips with English football before fully judging him.

Townsend got MOTM by Sky I just found out. WTF. He was awful again. Soldado barely tried and Paulinho, the less said the better.

Positives were Kane and Mason, both should be starting our next league game. I also think Lennon is getting way too hard a time off our fans, fella behind me at the game suggested we release him FFS.

Anyway I'm happy we're still in the hat and been given a decent draw but I'd be surprised if we win the competition.

Not a convincing performance but atleast we did well to win. It was a great long range goal by Mason. Hope it will boost his confidence to become a good player for us. But the crucial goal was by Soldado for our second. The game could have gone either way until that goal. Also due credit to Kane for the well-taken goal late in the night. Hope we will do better in the next round against Brighton.

Back