• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion ***

This is what happens when you start Dembele in central mid field. A typical Dembele performance, the same as he has been putting in since he arrived, you know how it goes. receives ball, ignore obvious pass, dribbles to no where, loses ball, slows our play down. Paulhino possesses no heart at all and Chiriches possesses no brain. I thought he looked good when he first arrived, but today, it looked as if he was trying to make mistakes, like when he ran under the ball towards the end. Don't usually agree with Tony Gale, but he was right when he said that we have too many players who are the same. Also I think we have too many down hill skiers in the team. Really gutless today.

His goal record may be impressive, or is it? Seriously though, he didn't chase any balls down to their keeper in the first half. He didn't hold the ball up, his control was awful.

He's just a lazy lazy ****, and the sooner his contract runs out the better!

Pochettino on his players' subdued performances: "I was surprised, we played very slow, with a lack of movement."

I did not see the match so bear that in mind, but we did not score a single goal against opossition like Partizan and WBA at home. Seems everybody is talking about the defence when the attack should have score over 5 goals in these 2 matches...

Would de boar have made a difference if he was installed for argument sake?

Probably, man has won Leagues more than once. Our man has a half decent season for Southampton and a relegation in Spain to his name.

Benitez, is a winner but we thought he would play boring football and he doesn't like the DoF system, Ha ha!

On a different note, is anyone else sick of playing on Sundays? Makes going into work tomorrow even ****ter. Football was meant for Saturdays.

We need a leader at the back, and we need a mobile, intelligent player to partner with said leader. Verts provides us with the latter. We completely lack the former. Let's hope the second-choice bargain buy Fazio can be that man for us, because we're screwed otherwise.

Christ, what an insipid performance. Kaboul, team captain, led with an awful display. Chiriches was even worse, and is clearly unfit for anything but being played next to an intelligent centre-back who can cover for his various errors and shocking lapses of judgement while the lad sorts his damn head out. We lost control of the midfield and the game when Dembele went off, but we were never really comfortable even when he was playing. Eriksen tried his heart out, but his set-pieces are just shockingly inconsistent. Brilliant one minute, utterly awful the next. Ade was surprisingly ineffective in the air, and his rangy running style doesn't help him when put through with through balls, because he can't control it quickly enough to make anything of the breakaway. Capoue quietly good, Dier acceptable, Rose the best of a bad bunch (even if his crossing remains frustratingly inconsistent) and Lamela needs to look up more when taking his man on.

Lots of work to do for Poch. Lots of players in this side that are ominously looking like they don't have the heart, the intelligence or the desire to play for him. Well f*cking done though, Levy. It doesn't matter that Poch has to endure a more painful transition than necessary, as long as the net spend remains positive.

He looked very poor to me in the tackle on youtube.......

I hope I,m wrong...but... we need some [-o<

Probably, man has won Leagues more than once. Our man has a half decent season for Southampton and a relegation in Spain to his name.

Benitez, is a winner but we thought he would play boring football and he doesn't like the DoF system, Ha ha!

I supported Benitez' appointment wholeheartedly: indeed, I'd like to think that I argued as fiercely as I could for him to be brought in.

However, doesn't matter now. I support Poch, one hundred percent, no questions asked and no judgements made. And that will continue to be the case until the start of next season. This sort of talk needs to be quashed before it spreads: will we never f*cking learn? Sometimes, it isn't the manager: sometimes, you have to look further up the chain.

I'm convinced Poch will be successful given time and backing. I don't, however, trust Levy to provide either. And arguably, that's where you should be directing your ire, not at Poch.

if we don't pick up and Poch does go i expect levy will bin the dof again so we might yet get Rafa

And if this is the case Levy goes out the door to. Shambles of a club at the moment. Another **** summer window left us short up top. Players brought all look like second choice and how on gods green earth is Kaboul first choice centre back. We have regressed as a club. But don't worry Levy is sorting the new stadium which has hit the skids it's an embarrassment

I supported Benitez' appointment wholeheartedly: indeed, I'd like to think that I argued as fiercely as I could for him to be brought in.

However, doesn't matter now. I support Poch, one hundred percent, no questions asked and no judgements made. And that will continue to be the case until the start of next season. This sort of talk needs to be quashed before it spreads: will we never f*cking learn? Sometimes, it isn't the manager: sometimes, you have to look further up the chain.

I'm convinced Poch will be successful given time and backing. I don't, however, trust Levy to provide either. And arguably, that's where you should be directing your ire, not at Poch.

Out of interest what if Poch persists in playing the same 11 and basically the likes of Kaboul at the back with same tactics etc - would you still make no judgements? As far as im concerned its about progress if in two months time we are losing at home to Crystal Palace or Burnley then questions should be asked and definitely judgements made.

He looked very poor to me in the tackle on youtube.......

I hope I,m wrong...but... we need some [-o<

He captained Sevilla to their Europa League triumph, though: that's got to count for something? (Although Chiriches was captain of Steaua too, so don't take that at face value, I guess)

You have no evidence that Poch will be successful. So one shouldn't blindly support him.
However, I am directing my ire at Levy, it was he IMO, who didn't want Benitez or De Boer, yet they have better records and more evidence to support their credentials for appointment.

I don't see why Poch should be given a free ride for decisions which lack logic e.g making Kab Captain, playing Kab, playing Chiriches, when he was abysmal against WBA last season, persisting with 4-2-3-1, inverted wingers and playing from the back, which invites pressure, which Liverpool and now WBA exploited.

I want Poch to succeed but I would like to see evidence that he is learning, sorry, I don't see it, yet.

When you look at Southampton this season, I think maybe that is because they are a stable club who are run more fairly. I remember Rogers said something about not wanting to join us because of the complete lack of job stability. When a manager comes in I don't think he ever feels comfortable. The club hasn't had unity since Redknapp really and under Levy more often than not we don't have that. Both Martinez and Rogers are proving to be pretty good coaches. I feel Levy is just reacting rashly and acting impulsively time and time again.

Out of interest what if Poch persists in playing the same 11 and basically the likes of Kaboul at the back with same tactics etc - would you still make no judgements? As far as im concerned its about progress if in two months time we are losing at home to Crystal Palace or Burnley then questions should be asked and definitely judgements made.

I won't judge him. Unless he gets us relegated, I really won't judge him. If he keeps playing the same system, perhaps it's because he wants the team to grow into it and develop a familiarity with it that requires game time and a disregard for immediate results (as opposed to AVB scrapping his system early into the 2012-2013 season to give Bale a free hand and thus suffering when he reintroduced in with ill-suited players in August 2013). If he keeps playing Kaboul, I'll assume that he's got a good reason for doing so: my suspicion is that our abysmal transfer window left him with no other choice, but yes, I'll assume he's got a good reason for playing Kaboul.

I'll have a bit of faith in him. Given our history with our managers, I'm amazed that more people don't want to do that, and are ready to write him off two or three months into his first f*cking season. And then we get all ****y when Rodgers writes us off as a oke club he'd never want to manage. Yes, we're a cheap club with a chairman that demands the impossible of his managers while giving them nothing to spend and putting positive net spend above backing the men he appoints. But that doesn't mean that, we, as fans, have to buy into that strategy and obediently blame the manager when things don't go his way. I'm done doing that.

Well said. If it doesn't work out for this new fella I can't believe Levy will get away with it yet again. Mind you I said that when he appointed AVB.

Hope it all comes good in the end, with some patience. But to be honest I'm looking for Spurs to re-ignite my interest. I'm a bit bored of it all. Seen it so many times before.

Back