• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quitting Cigarettes

I'm a vaper and I'm worried I've given one of my cats Asthma by doing it. I've switched from Propylene Glycol to Vegetable Glycerin as cats can possibly have a reaction to the former, as I've unfortunately found out. I no longer do it inside either.

Vaping king have some great juices. Found them off the potv discount page, there's loads of websites offering money off on there.

I did watch a youtube video (or 2) concerning this method a few months ago. If I recall correctly, the device got extremely hot during the charging process...and it was near on impossible to get a decent drag out of the thing. In all honesty this sounds like the existing tobacco industry trying to muscle in with an inferior product.

Vaping is the way to go IMHO

My daily attempt to quitting smoking will occur again tomorrow. Stoptober - anyone else gonna try it? I think it will help as a few that I know will also be doing it - so all in the same boat etc. Made a pact not to go out and everything haha.

I have been smoke free for 24 days now... three days on patches then just willpower. You have really got to want to give up to do it because I don't think you ever stop wanting a cigarette. I just hope I can crack it this time!

I have been smoke free for 24 days now... three days on patches then just willpower. You have really got to want to give up to do it because I don't think you ever stop wanting a cigarette. I just hope I can crack it this time!

Take it from someone who's stopped over a year, it's like those cheesy AA sayings; I'm still a smoker, just one who doesn't smoke.

I'm lucky in that most of my friends who smoked were just social smokers who smoked mine when we were out. That means I haven't had to transition much in that way.

Take it from someone who's stopped over a year, it's like those cheesy AA sayings; I'm still a smoker, just one who doesn't smoke.

I'm lucky in that most of my friends who smoked were just social smokers who smoked mine when we were out. That means I haven't had to transition much in that way.
I gave up five and a half years ago using will power and I still consider myself to be a smoker who does not smoke. I cannot allow myself to have a social cigarette because I would start smoking again. It is a line I cannot cross.

I gave up five and a half years ago using will power and I still consider myself to be a smoker who does not smoke. I cannot allow myself to have a social cigarette because I would start smoking again. It is a line I cannot cross.

That doesn't surprise me - I can't imagine myself ever not wanting a cigarette.

The choice not to have one gets easier, but it doesn't mean I don't want one. If I found out I had something terminal tomorrow, like Roy1983's c0ck cancer, I'd be straight back on them.

That doesn't surprise me - I can't imagine myself ever not wanting a cigarette.

The choice not to have one gets easier, but it doesn't mean I don't want one. If I found out I had something terminal tomorrow, like Roy1983's c0ck cancer, I'd be straight back on them.
I don't crave them or want to smoke them any more but I know that I start again if I smoked socially.

Once a smoker always a 'smoker' in my view, as Scara said. The difference is you choose not to smoke which seems to be a daily battle although it does and should get easier - hopefully.

I'm a vaper and I'm worried I've given one of my cats Asthma by doing it. I've switched from Propylene Glycol to Vegetable Glycerin as cats can possibly have a reaction to the former, as I've unfortunately found out. I no longer do it inside either.

You have a cat, are you a man? do you drink white wine?

We have two cats, I drink white wine, but I am very hairy. Quit chain smoking roll-ups 10 years ago, and have been chewing nicotine gum all day and having a cigar of an evening ever since.

Been about a year now on the vaping - spending say 30 quid a month instead of 50 a week, not bad. Reduced my nicotine levels from 18 to 6 in that time aswell

Onepoundeliquid is a good budget vendor, as the name suggest 1 pound per 10ml bottle, good enough quality to have a load as backups

I haven't checked through the thread so if it is in here already then shame on me..

But there is this book by some chap called Alan Carr (no not that one) and everyone, including the wife, who I know has read it and listened to the cd at the end has stopped just like that on the very day they listened to the cd.

She still thinks about them and I think most do, hard not to really, but she has not touched any for five months now and this after basically smoking non-stop for fifteen years.

Back