• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

Surely we could use some variation of Stalteris old song "Oh Paul Stalteri, you are the love of my life...." and have Oh Ben Stambouli.

There shouldn't even be a discussion! ;)

[video=youtube;Dyx4v1QFzhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ[/video]

I like Stambouli-bouli
I like Stambouli-bouli
I like Stambouli-bouli
Benjamin - STAMBOULI!

Duh-duh-duh-duh-dee
duh-duh-duh-dee-duh-dee-duh
duh-duh-duh-dee-duh-duh-duh-dee-duh-dee...

Gravy.

There shouldn't even be a discussion! ;)

[video=youtube;Dyx4v1QFzhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ[/video]

I like Stambouli-bouli
I like Stambouli-bouli
I like Stambouli-bouli
Benjamin - STAMBOULI!

Duh-duh-duh-duh-dee
duh-duh-duh-dee-duh-dee-duh
duh-duh-duh-dee-duh-duh-duh-dee-duh-dee...

Gravy.
Yessss!
I like it!

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...enham-hotspur-signing-benjamin-stambouli.html

Benjamin Stambouli has been one of the best holding midfielders in Ligue 1 over the past couple of seasons," Eastham says. "He's a pretty big guy, about 6ft, and with a strong build, and is a powerful operator in the middle of the pitch. On the ball you would describe him as good rather than excellent - he has a decent passing range without being outstanding, and can beat a man when necessary - but generally keeps the team ticking over without getting forward too often.

"Arguably his strength is his work off the ball and he will suit the high-intensity pressing style with which Spurs head coach Mauricio Pochettino achieved success at Southampton. He plays with great intensity and energy, pressing well and having the stamina to put the opposition under pressure over 90 minutes. A lot of players need time to adapt to the pace and physicality of the Barclays Premier League. Stambouli will need time like everybody else but he is well equipped already on based on what he has shown in Ligue 1.
"At Montpellier he was a member of the side who caused a massive shock by winning the 2011/12 Ligue 1 title. At the start of that campaign Montpellier were more than outsiders, they were not on anybody's radar as potential title-winners. Stambouli was a fringe figure during the first half of that season but broke into the team midway through the campaign and went to play an important role in their shock title. That was the season in which he became known to French football fans.

"It is difficult to say what he will add to the Spurs team because there are a lot of midfielders in the squad. He is not identical to Etienne Capoue, but positionally he could occupy the same position on the field as his French compatriot so there could be competition between the two for a place in the side. In his younger years Stambouli also played as a centre-back and did well in that position so his versatility will also be useful.

"His attitude and desire have always been big attributes in France. It is possible that Pochettino sees him as bringing that winning mentality, that drive to the team.

In 20 minutes Stambouli played versus Sunderland he came on and made joint most tackles won of all Spurs players.

Looked pretty good when he came on I thought. Looked up for a fight, put in some nice tackles, but also used the ball well when he got the chance.

Looks like he will fit in very well in the Premier League.

A word for him for lastnight as he hasn't been mentioned in too much detail.

I'll start by accepting there were a few misplaced passes (but then, who didn't!), but in general I feel he was a real force in midfield - not only in the tackle but also in the way he calmly mopped things up and used his passes very intelligently.
He has a deft touch which i really like (especially given it's the centre of the park where we seem to be so overcrowded these days) and you can see he has a cheeky trick or two up his sleeve!!

Would personally much rather see him in the NLD than Capoue who i still feel is an accident waiting to happen. Think Stambouli reads the game far better and his interceptions should suit us better against an Arsenal team who love to thread a pass through.

Wonder if that's why Poch hauled him off a little early as i certainly thought he was having a better game than Bentaleb, doing for me a fairly similar role.

Liking the look of the lad. Looks a tough mofo who will not shirk a 50-50, reads play well, makes good interceptions, and hunts down opposition players when pressing rapidly & effectively. Looks technically very good - nice touches - and also made the odd good forward burst.

It looked to me like he tired a bit as the game went on, maybe not 100% match fit yet. Few more misplaced passes as it went on. Sure that will improve as he integrates into the team.

I am also of the view he should start on Sat, I think without a dedicated DM (not sure Capue does the defensive side of this position well enough) we could be in trouble.

Can see a few reds for this lad. Played well as mentioned in various posts above but left his studs in a few times last night and a couple of cheeky body checks/leaving his shoulder in. Wonder if he will get away with that week in and out in the prem?

Can see a few reds for this lad. Played well as mentioned in various posts above but left his studs in a few times last night and a couple of cheeky body checks/leaving his shoulder in. Wonder if he will get away with that week in and out in the prem?

Oh I how we've missed a player like this. Benny used to be the one, happy for Stambouli to take over where we left off.

I like the look of this guy. He tired during the week, but his play seems tidy, simple yet intelligent passes and good at mopping up danger. Bielsa wanted to sign him, sign of a gifted player.

Was overall impressed by him. Not great on the ball the other night, but he tried to use it in the right way and he actually has legs to get around the midfield! He has a completely committed attitude and this is exactly what we need right now.

he's a yiddo (can i still say that ?)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ight-to-beat-arsenal-says-mauricio-pochettino

New Tottenham midfielder Benjamin Stambouli, signed from Montpellier in the summer, is also relishing the contest despite not yet being guaranteed a place in Pochettino’s starting line-up.

"I am learning a lot about north London. It is a very important game against Arsenal,” he said.
“I know now that they are the enemy. I used to be friends with Olivier Giroud, but now he is no longer my friend - it is finished.

"A lot of people spoke about Arsenal back home because of all the French players who used to play for them but, now I belong to Tottenham, all I want to do is beat them.”

Sounds like Sandro, he was the same. I hope he starts, we need someone in there not afraid to put a foot in but can also play a quick and incisive pass forward. Will be interesting to see Pochs lineup.

That should make him first name on the team sheet for me. An attitude we have been sadly missing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back