• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

If only the transfer deadline hadn't come one day after the Liverpool defeat. I think that defeat has leg to more negativity than would otherwise be present.

I can't pretend to be happy with the transfer window but I'm not writing our season off just yet either. We've signed good defensive players and the attacking players we have just need to show more of themselves.

=D>

Great post El G. Agree 100%

last season we had adebayor sold ado and defoe up top now we have kane.
we've lost sigurdsson and holtby. we've replaced sandro with another foreign unproven player and likewise with dawson. granted we've signed davies, does he improve us? doubt it tbh. Overall i just see us as having a much weaker squad this season and with the extra games with europa think we are going to struggle big time.

And what, pray tell, did Harry Redknapp ask for when he did get into the CL? Quality players, requiring a bit of a commitment both financially and on the wage bill. We presumably laughed off his requests with an admonishment to 'work with what you've got: it got you to 4th last season, why wouldn't it work again?'. The results, roughly three and a half years on from the end of our sole CL campaign, are clear to see. And the fallacy of expecting CL football on the cheap was at its most transparent when we gave Harry those 'PL proven veterans' Nelsen and Saha and told him to get CL football with those reinforcements.

There are times when judicious investment is required: to ease the manager's transition into life at Spurs, to provide a morale boost and new legs going into the second half of the season, to secure a player that could in the future and in the present be a lynchpin to the manager's style of play. Ultimately, we'll have more misses than hits sticking to our dogmatic belief that we can achieve CL football not only without spending much money overall, but also without trusting the manager himself (evident from our managerial history and our record when nailing those 'key' transfers you and I have been arguing about across the forum) and giving him timescales and tangible targets to achieve right off the bat (finish no lower than 6th, finish 4th, etcetera) while refusing him any signings he might wish to make that don't fit with what we see as 'value for money'. It is a fool's game, just as spending as much as the big boys all the time is a fool's game. And it isn't the 'either-or' situation you're portraying it to be.

What a great post. What we're seeing with Scneidelin thus year is a repeat of Moutinho two windows back. We bring in a new manager and immediately fail to back him. It clearly ****ed off AVB then and will likely do the same to Poch.

Levy seems unable to learn from his mistakes.

What a great post. What we're seeing with Scneidelin thus year is a repeat of Moutinho two windows back. We bring in a new manager and immediately fail to back him. It clearly ****ed off AVB then and will likely do the same to Poch.

Levy seems unable to learn from his mistakes.

We're not running a day care center and a manager shouldn't have to get his special toy to avoid a hizzy fit and crying.

Zeki Fryers gone. Anyone left? Shambles

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

No way, your joking, fryers has gone? What are we gonna do now?! We can't have any players left can we and losing such an important first team player in this lad...

That's sarcasm by the way!

Standard macaronic response.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

I know yours was but what was mine?...

Seriously, you can't really believe what you just wrote? Because fryers left we have no players and we're a shambles?!? You know how many players were in our squad at the start of the day? It was always gonna be a get rid of dead wood day (exception of sandro which I don't agree with).

I know yours was but what was mine?...

Seriously, you can't really believe what you just wrote? Because fryers left we have no players and we're a shambles?!? You know how many players were in our squad at the start of the day? It was always gonna be a get rid of dead wood day (exception of sandro which I don't agree with).

I think by standard macaronic response he is saying that what he posted was sarcasm and that it was what macarons sometimes post after transfers out. Or at least I hope so!

I think by standard macaronic response he is saying that what he posted was sarcasm and that it was what macarons sometimes post after transfers out. Or at least I hope so!

That did cross my mind actually, but I've seen so much crap written on here since the Liverpool defeat that I just expected the worst, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.

Liverpool - Balotelli
Man Utd - Falcao/Di Maria
Chelsea - Costa/Fab
Arsenal - Sanchez/Wellbeck
Emirates Marketing Project - Got enough already

We have lost considerable ground. People can say we have a new signing in Lamela but he gets picked off so often at PL pace. Looks so rushed in possession. Soldado's situation has worsened (didnt think that was possible - looks 3rd choice and now injured).

Poch continually hindering our main goal outlet last season (C.E.) by changing his position to right or center.

Loss of Sandro - how he cant command a place in front of what I saw Sunday I do not know. He was left out of the Liverpool games last season (was fit at the time).....clue?

Im worried. Abuse me if you want, but if you come back to this post in May and we are 4th or 5th I will be very surprised.

Not abuse. But the bolded bit makes it easy to disregard, that is such a snap reaction from you that it isn't even funny

Not abuse. But the bolded bit makes it easy to disregard, that is such a snap reaction from you that it isn't even funny

Snap reaction? - I posted the same on the Poch thread after the pre season game with Schalke after he played CE right and centre....that if he doesn't use him on the left then we wont get the best out of him. 3 games in to the league and people already on CE's case. Pretty much proves my point I would say.

Would you not agree CE was our best player last year from the left?

Back