• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

Hopefully looks as good as the youtube vids and is certainly much needed eye candy for us ladies, which has been quite poor since Niko, VDV and Cudicini left. Thumbs up from me :)

Another cm to add to the collection, but christ hes goodlooking, finally someone to take Niko's crown, he must be good right???

BwdvjapIIAAWTFB.jpg

"I Will give everything for this club"

He does sound like the kind of player who could be an astute well scouted signing. In fact sounds similarish to Schneiderlin in a way with impressive stats, not sure on his passing but could develop well. Good age and already has a league title and doesn't look like he gets injured much either.

Posted it in the other thread:

We need something tuneful, recognisable and easy to sing. Ben-Jamin, Ben-Jamin, we all love Ben-Jamin too; Ben-Jamin, Ben-Jamin, Ben-Jamin; and we all love Ben-Jamin too...

[-(

Not a goal scorer though so more defensive than creative. 4 goals in 120 appearances or so. Hopefully he's better than Bentaleb and Capoue.....

Neither is Schneiderlin really, 10 goals in 231 games before this season for Southampton across 6 seasons as well. 2 in league one and 2 in the championship which must be far easier to score in as well.

Sorry, the past couple of years has left me very despondent and cynical. We used to have a team, now we're just a player trading exchange.

I get where you are coming from, but I guess it's part and parcel of changing managers. When Redknapp left and AVB came in we lost 3 of our world class players and tried to fill the gap with a couple of decent players. Last summer AVB got to gut the squad and bringing in a raft of players (yes Baldini had a hand in this). Now we have another new coach who wants certain types of players that we don't have and wants to get rid of players he doesn't want/need. Hopefully Poch is around long term so we can have that stability.

Let's hope you're here long enough so we can get to know your favourite colour, animal and chosen superpower. Its a revolving door.

Benjamin Stambouli's former coach at Montpellier, Rolland Courbis, has commented on the midfielder's move to Tottenham Hotspur and believes the transfer to the Premier League club represents a "great step forward" in the player's career.

The 22-year-old is a versatile athlete adept at defensive midfield and centre back positions. Last season, in Ligue 1 duty alone, he attempted 51 interceptions, 111 clearances, 11 tackles and completed a commendable 83% of his total attempted passes.

Courbis believes representing Spurs "should be able" to see Stambouli "join the French team".

He said: “Tottenham had a very good idea to sign him.”

Indeed, Tottenham Hotspur were not the only club interested in his services as Fiorentina were coveting Stambouli's signature for three weeks, yet their indecisiveness ultimately ended up proving costly.

"He preferred Tottenham to Fiorentina," Stambouli's agent said. "Benjamin's first choice was the Premier League and we have received a concrete offer from England.

“Fiorentina's error was wasting too much time to close the deal with Montpellier, about two weeks.”

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/01/montpellier-coachs-parting-comments-for-stambouli-why-he-rejecte/

We should probably just ignore this as it doesn't fit with the Levy bashing.

Benjamin Stambouli told L'Equipe he felt wanted by Tottenham and Pochettino.

Stambouli: "I felt they really wanted me. I met Mauricio Pochettino today. He still has good small speaking French."

Stambouli: "This is a coach who wants to establish a philosophy of game I like. I had a very good feeling."

Stambouli: "I got a home that looks like a family. Tomorrow I start training."

this is why i like poch

Speaks very well of us. And a bit of an inadvertent burn on Swansea

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/interview-benjamin-stambouli-following-tottenham-move/

Benjamin Stambouli, your departure from Montpellier has been slow to materialize this summer, did you have your doubts?

‘I know that in this period, it can be quiet for a while and then anything can happen in a hurry. There had been a lot of proposals, but I allowed myself time to choose. In these times, everyone has a tendency to give you advice on where you have to sign. I thought about weighing the pros and cons with people who are close to me. And then, when Tottenham came last week, it sounded like a no-brainer. A club like that can not be refused. I did not hesitate.’

What were your first contacts with Tottenham?

A person of the club came to me last week in Montpellier. I felt they really wanted me. I met Mauricio Pochettino today (Monday). He still has good small remnants of speaking French (he played at Paris-SG and Bordeaux). This is a coach who wants to establish a philosophy of game I like. I had a very good feeling. I got a home that looks like a family. Tomorrow I start training.

Have you no fear of competition at Spurs?

‘Places will be hard to come by, as it is the highest level. The workforce has grown enough to cope with all competitions. There are a lot of people but it does not cause me any problems. We forget but I lived through strong competition in Montpellier.’

You could sign for Marseille, which would have been an intermediate step before moving abroad.

‘I said since April: I had a preference for overseas. It is a personal choice of life. I wanted to discover another footballing country, another culture. Playing for Marseille, it is not easy. And I had no guarantees to play my position in the middle. It was not the right time. But OM made ​​me think seriously.’

Was it also your father, Henri (former director of training center), who deterred you from going there?

‘Obviously I asked him how things work in the club. He knows and he has a very positive image. In his opinion, he tried to tell me what was good but what was worse in Marseille. But that does not explain why I hesitated for so long. My thinking was focused on my job on the field and my career development. It was not the right time for me to go. It was between Swansea, which was an entry in the Premier League, Fiorentina, which is a competitive team, and Marseille, one of the best French clubs, and I was not sure where to turn. At that time, it was very complicated. And then Tottenham happened …’

Benjamin Stambouli told L'Equipe he felt wanted by Tottenham and Pochettino.

Stambouli: "I felt they really wanted me. I met Mauricio Pochettino today. He still has good small speaking French."

Stambouli: "This is a coach who wants to establish a philosophy of game I like. I had a very good feeling."

Stambouli: "I got a home that looks like a family. Tomorrow I start training."

this is why i like poch

Similar stuff was reported when he was at Southampton. Really quite persuasive.

Back