• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he that good on the ball? Not doubting you however I always viewed him as more defensive than being decent with the ball. If so then shipping Sandro out for say £15m and signing Song for £8m - £10m is a no-brainer

You don't play regularly in the middle of the park for Arsenal and get a move to Barca if you are not half decent on the ball lol.

I know they're slightly different players, but I'd be gutted to lose sandro and get song in, downgrade IMO. I don't think song's passing is good enough to be considered anything other than a defensive or box to box midfielder. We've got sandro and capoue for that already, with paulinho potentially filling the box to box role (all be it not very well at the moment).

You don't play regularly in the middle of the park for Arsenal and get a move to Barca if you are not half decent on the ball lol.

Spot on!

poor man's yaya toure?

Not really from what I've seen. Both at Barca and at Arsenal he's been fairly consistently one of the deepest midfielders on the pitch. Perhaps an exception would be him playing alongside Busquets at Barca, but even then Song wasn't exactly surging forward.

Yaya's strength is in a very different role and he's world class because of the way he bursts forward and what he does in the final third, not for what he does when (rarely) exclusively sitting deep.

I don't think song's passing is good enough to be considered anything other than a defensive or box to box midfielder.

Rubbish

Watch this video, particularly after 1 minute

Passes and assists against Spurs, City, in Europe, Spurs again, all very good stuff

[video=youtube;1ZYlzC-MntM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZYlzC-MntM[/video]

I would be well behind this, The Morgan lad seems like a good player and all but for that kind of money after one breakthrough season?

Anyone who's watched Song play (which is clearly not everyone in this thread) should recognize his ability with the ball, as mentioned, him and Van Persie were quality together and a lot of that was obviously to do with Song's creativity with the ball.

I know they're slightly different players, but I'd be gutted to lose sandro and get song in, downgrade IMO. I don't think song's passing is good enough to be considered anything other than a defensive or box to box midfielder. We've got sandro and capoue for that already, with paulinho potentially filling the box to box role (all be it not very well at the moment).

Song's better than Sandro, as good as Sandro is at crunching tackles Song can do this but is a lot better on the ball.

Is he homegrown?

Rubbish

Watch this video, particularly after 1 minute

Passes and assists against Spurs, City, in Europe, Spurs again, all very good stuff

[video=youtube;1ZYlzC-MntM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZYlzC-MntM[/video]

Yea it's all good, he looks a nice player there, I knew when I wrote that there would be criticism, I know he was a massive hero on here when he was at arsenal, but I just never bought in to it so much and since he's gone to barca and barely done anything (no disgrace there), but I still don't see it. Who is he replacing in the squad / team, what does he bring that the existing players don't have, apart from the peoples elbow?

I wouldn't mind him. The guy is very good on the ball, mobile and defensively capable.

Edit: Sky sources claim we are no longer interested, but they haven't exactly been great at keeping up to date with our business.

Last edited:
Yea it's all good, he looks a nice player there, I knew when I wrote that there would be criticism, I know he was a massive hero on here when he was at arsenal, but I just never bought in to it so much and since he's gone to barca and barely done anything (no disgrace there), but I still don't see it. Who is he replacing in the squad / team, what does he bring that the existing players don't have, apart from the peoples elbow?

???

What he would primarily bring is better passing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back