• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official MKII- Paulinho

Think the club aren't very good at admitting mistakes, but everybody makes them. The situation with Bentley was ridiculous. I bet someone offered us £5-8M at some point, but rather than take a hit, we saw out his contract and it didn't do anyone any good.

Would like to disagree but i cant, he does nothing to endear me to him at all. But if Pochettinho has proved anything its that can improve a player, just not sure this guy as either the raw materials or the desire to improve! If someone offered us our money back on him though he should be carried out the door! Behind Dembele, Sandro, Holtby, Bentalab and prob Chadli for his position so whats the point in keeping him.

There's probably a good player in there somewhere, but it just doesn't look like it's clicking for him with us. I'm just guessing here - didn't settle in England when he came last season, not feeling well off the pitch translates to bad performances on the pitch, turbulent season for the club last season with managers coming and going, doesn't look happy when he's playing or scoring, then had a pretty poor World Cup with Brazil culminating in the heavy defeat against Germany.

Obviously just speculation, but his attitude looks like low confidence and a sort of depression from miles away. Needs to get his head straight or find a new club.

This.

Very easy to cling to that when things don't go well. if that were the case then EVERY SINGLE team goes through a transitional stage EVERY YEAR to some degree but adding or subtracting resources etc

I think using the excuse is a defense mechanism against dissapointment at times.

make no mistake...transitional seasons and eras do happen but they are much more noticeable...like when you lose TWO key players...or one Key player that your manager based EVERYTHING around, when you lose your manager and at the same time completely overhaul the team, when many key players age at roughly the same time etc etc

this doesnt happen all the time

Sounds like a few Spurs seasons I can recall ...

Re Paulinho, it's up to Poch, I don't think Paulinho is a player that is flexible in the way he can play, in the right system, there probably is a decent player there, but if Poch doesn't think he fits now, sell.

I've always backed him but I'm in the get rid group, I think we can get a good price for him which could then go towards Schneiderlin.

Of Course part of me wants him to stay and succeed just to shut kd up.

I've always backed him but I'm in the get rid group, I think we can get a good price for him which could then go towards Schneiderlin.

Of Course part of me wants him to stay and succeed just to shut kd up.

You should care more about the our club then me.

He won't prove me wrong anyway...he's a passenger that is perfectly happy to watch his mates go to war and not lift a finger to help. A truly awful player with no heart (can't pass for ****, doesn't get involved, can't tackle for ****, ducks 90/10 challenges in his favour).

You should care more about the our club then me.

He won't prove me wrong anyway...he's a passenger that is perfectly happy to watch his mates go to war and not lift a finger to help. A truly awful player with no heart (can't pass for ****, doesn't get involved, can't tackle for ****, ducks 90/10 challenges in his favour).

What makes you think I give two ducks about you? :lol:

I could hardly watch the game yesterday but he probably had no pre-season. Maybe he was under instruction to take it easy since over-exerting himself might've caused injury? This match seemed like a good opportunity to get some fitness for players. If Paulinho keeps up that level of performance though...

He got worse as the season rolled on last year, perhaps the changing of managers didn't help? But i thought back in the comfort of his national team we'd see the real Paulihno and that would kick start him for this season.

Alas....that was all wishful thinking. He blended into the background (while on the pitch!) and offered nothing in the world cup and if last night was anything to go by....normal service has been resumed. When i first saw him i thought he was a rolls-royce of a player.:eek:

I'm in the sell him camp.....ironically i do think we will easily get our money back.

At the World Cup we saw the same Paulinho that we did in the Confederations cup the year before. And the same bang average player we had all last season.
Let's face it we bought a lemon.
Cut our losses and get rid.

The wages footballers get paid are what they are we've come to accept it no point moaning. But this guy?!? It genuinely offends me that this coward who bottles challenges at any given oppurtunity probably gets paid somewhere in the region of 50k a week.

A couple of weeks back I decided to delete all MotD etc etc that we had featured in last season. Before I did I watched them all again - well, our bits anyway. Some cup matches were the whole game, but most were at the mercy of the editors to produce a match in 3 or 6 minutes.

I was pleasantly surprised by Paulhino's contribution in and around the area, but found almost nothing away from the area, half-way, or defence (ouch - THAT wall !).

Nothing scientific, but my present view on him is that he will bully opponents when we're dictating the game, but will allow his team-mates to do all the work. In short he's a 2nd-line goal hanger.

Love for him to prove me wrong, but I think there are better players out there. Get our money back and play another youngster - or push Dawson forward for 2nd life as a sweeper. Now there's an idea.

Back