• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

Good for them. Think he'll do well there. Even if they end up going down, they've got a good chance of coming straight back up.
I think that he did a decent job at Cardiff. Having worked with Palace's DoF before should also stand him in good stead, especially with there being such a short time until the window closes

Mackay is a terrible manager. At least Tim would have got them scoring. Conceding a ton too. Malky will just get them conceding.

Mackay might not be great, but do some of your SERIOUSLY think that Tim would more likely keep them up??!!

Have you forgotten how kamikaze and shapeless we were under him?? Try having that approach with a far less talented squad and see what would happen.
At least MacKay would recognise the teams limitations and try not to expose them like a hooker advertising in Soho

contrarily I'm a fan of mackay, I think he did a good job at Cardiff, I'd have rather have had him than TS last season by a mile

Mackay might not be great, but do some of your SERIOUSLY think that Tim would more likely keep them up??!!

Have you forgotten how kamikaze and shapeless we were under him?? Try having that approach with a far less talented squad and see what would happen.
At least MacKay would recognise the teams limitations and try not to expose them like a hooker advertising in Soho

I don't think either would/will keep them up.

Apparently it's off again. Disagreement over backroom staff.

I thought that was one of the sticking points with Sherwood too in that he wanted Ferdinand and Ramsey. I wonder if this puts Jol in pole position.

Jol and Sherwood would both be terrible appointments. At least Mackay has Ian Moody in the background already. Losing Pulis will be a huge mistake come the end of the season.

Jol and Sherwood would both be terrible appointments. At least Mackay has Ian Moody in the background already. Losing Pulis will be a huge mistake come the end of the season.

If Pullis was pushing for Palace to break their wage structure then I think that it was right for Parish to refuse. There are also rumours that he walked because he knew that another job would be up soon.

If Pullis was pushing for Palace to break their wage structure then I think that it was right for Parish to refuse. There are also rumours that he walked because he knew that another job would be up soon.

That other job will be the one Fat Sam vacates.

It depends who they wanted to break the structure for. Last year was the first season they have been promoted and stayed up. I saw an interview with their chairman on MOTD, it seems him and Sherwood are two peas in a pod. The banter levels will be off the charts, sadly they don't have better players than enough teams to get the results - at least Pulis had them organised and playing to their strengths.

That other job will be the one Fat Sam vacates.

It depends who they wanted to break the structure for. Last year was the first season they have been promoted and stayed up. I saw an interview with their chairman on MOTD, it seems him and Sherwood are two peas in a pod. The banter levels will be off the charts, sadly they don't have better players than enough teams to get the results - at least Pulis had them organised and playing to their strengths.

I agree that Pullis did a great job there last season but based on his time at Stoke, I would be reluctant to give him too much freedom with transfers.

So, IIRC, Sherwood has been turned down/passed on by Brighton (according to GB), West Brom and now Palace?
Have I missed anyone?

Seems like his big mouth and general unprofessional manner has probably meant he will have to go far lower in the football food chain to secure his next managerial job...

Back