• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

News coming out of Southampton today is that Scheiderlin has trained well for the past week or so and is available for selection for their game this weekend. Seems as though some of the talk about his actions have been somewhat exagerrated by the press!

I imagine he loves football and just wants to play.

he will stay there now it seems, probably till next summer .

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has said Tottenham target Morgan Schneiderlin has accepted he is staying put. #THFC

Koeman: "It difficult for him but he has to accept and finally he accepts. When I see Morgan and speak to Morgan he accepted situation."

If its correct that we put in an offer for £10 mill, I understand they dont sell. If we put in an offer for him at about £18 mill, I think we will get him. It all depends on Poch, I hope. Levy needs to back him if he thinks Morgan is going to be a part of the backbone of our team. If he plays on Sunday, after a pre season without playing one single minute? It doesnt matter, I only hope he dont get injured because of lack of fitness. I still think we will get him IF Poch really think we need him.

We probably never will know what has happened. But IF it was Holtby, Vlad and £10 mill, and they rejected it.... I dont think we will go much further. Holtby is probably valued at about £10 mill in todays market (Livermore to Hull for about 8 and Rodwell to S'land for about 10), Vlad closely the same value. A total value of around £30 mill and rejected? Can't believe they did that.

Considering the figures the rest of their players have gone for so far this summer, if we really did offer anything less than £20 million, we're wasting everybody's time.

I don't believe we offered 10 million plus two players (nor do I believe Holtby would fetch 10 million at the moment) because such swap deals are so ridiculously rare, I don't know why journalists continue to publish them or why fans continue to lap them up.

If he's getting ready to train and play, the chances of this happening are probably quite low. If it does happen, it will be a Berbatov style last minute final day deal imo.

He'll probably feel quite aggrieved that they sold off multiple players, including players such as Shaw and Chambers who've barely played that many games, as well as allowed Lambert to leave for his service to the club, while simultaneously forcing him, one of the few left from league 1, to stay. That's life though I guess.

And that story I'm sure is BS as well - swap deals are great for filling papers but rarely happen

They are rare, but they do happen. We have done one of sorts with Sig and the Swansea players we sign.

Also, Southampton's situation makes it more likely that they'd be open to taking players in, given the exit of so many first-teamers this window.

I don't think we'll sign this guy though, I think our business might be done for this window, bar selling BAE and loaning a few out.

Course it is. Hopefully Poch realises ASAP he isn't gonna get backed properly and concentrates on developing the players we already have.

Are you a Spurs fan? Seriously? I only ask because you are relentlessly negative - not to mention that you deliberately seem to ignore the circumstances of various transfer sagas in order to pursue your agenda.

We didn't get Moutinho because of last minute third party problems after the deal had already been agreed.

If we fail to sign Schneiderlin, it will be because Southampton are refusing to let him go.

What the **** is Levy supposed to do? You tell us.

Ignore it mate, it doesn't matter about reason and common sense, it's all about ****ging the club, levy, players, whoever off. Not sure what they get out of it, but there you go.

Course it is. Hopefully Poch realises ASAP he isn't gonna get backed properly and concentrates on developing the players we already have.

So saints decide to stick to their guns and we deem this Levy's failure?

Amusing, when the shoe was on the other foot and we kept Modric for another year Levy was praised for sticking to his guns.

Back