• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

So is he gunna be another signing like Khumalo or is he good enough to break into the first team?

Am I the only one that thinks he could easily be our 1st choice by the end of the season?

Edit: Just remembered that if he signed he wouldn't be with us until late 2014/early 2015 so no he likely wouldn't be

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks he could easily be our 1st choice by the end of the season?

Edit: Just remembered that if he signed he wouldn't be with us until late 2014/early 2015 so no he likely wouldn't be

Easily be first choice are you kidding, I can only assume you've forgotten how good Walker can be. It does make me laugh how people on here can see the odd highlight/game of players outside our team and just assume they're better than our own players who they alledgedly watch week in week out....

Apparently, that would still make him the most expensive U.S. player to have been signed from MLS - by £500K.

Apparently, that would still make him the most expensive U.S. player to have been signed from MLS - by £500K.

Not quite:

On June 4, 2008, Villarreal of La Liga agreed in principle with Major League Soccer and the New York Red Bulls to sign Altidore for roughly $10 million or €7.4 million.[6][7] This transfer fee surpasses Fulham's fee for Clint Dempsey, which was $4 million or roughly £2 million, and is now the largest fee paid for any MLS player.

Not quite:

On June 4, 2008, Villarreal of La Liga agreed in principle with Major League Soccer and the New York Red Bulls to sign Altidore for roughly $10 million or €7.4 million.[6][7] This transfer fee surpasses Fulham's fee for Clint Dempsey, which was $4 million or roughly £2 million, and is now the largest fee paid for any MLS player.

Ah. Well that's not even close!

My bad for believing that the journo who wrote the piece had actually done his research!

This would be good. Yedlin would be far more similar to walker than naughton.

Wouldn't be surprised if Yedlin was first choice from the start, just to give Walker a chance to get over his injury. He still doesn't look 100%.

This would be good. Yedlin would be far more similar to walker than naughton.

Wouldn't be surprised if Yedlin was first choice from the start, just to give Walker a chance to get over his injury. He still doesn't look 100%.

If it happens he won't join until Jan - probably why we are looking to loan that RB from Portugal

Have to say I think this is an excellent signing. Yedlin looks to have the raw materials that can be developed into a good all round full back.

Will he actually get a work permit? Remember this guy has never even started an international match for his country

Last edited:
he can easily push Walker out of the team. MASSIVE potential. Watched every US game and this guy is special.

Would assume we would go down the outstanding talent route re the work permit and point towards his world cup exploits.

he can easily push Walker out of the team. MASSIVE potential. Watched every US game and this guy is special.

I am not saying that he does not have potential but remember he only played around 25 minutes (made up of 2 substitute appearances) in the whole tournament

I am not saying that he does not have potential but remember he only played around 25 minutes (made up of 2 substitute appearances) in the whole tournament

It was definitely a LOT more than 25 minutes. He played the entire extra time between USA & Belgium, plus I'm sure that he had been subbed on after something like 20 minutes of the actual game due to an injury suffered by the player that he replaced.

It was definitely a LOT more than 25 minutes. He played the entire extra time between USA & Belgium, plus I'm sure that he had been subbed on after something like 20 minutes of the actual game due to an injury suffered by the player that he replaced.

Pretty sure the original point still stands up. i.e we've seen f*ck all of him.

Back