• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Judge Chiriches, and probably all our defenders, when they have a coach that knows how to coach the team and prepare a plan A and B for even the start of games

They'll have retired by then, still trying to remember the last coach we did have that did have a plan B.

Kyle Walker said (during the Bale era) that Kaboul was probably the quickest player in the squad.

Judge Chiriches, and probably all our defenders, when they have a coach that knows how to coach the team and prepare a plan A and B for even the start of games

I think that is how it should be.

On a similar note I think all or most of our defenders look nervous and short on confidence these days. They haven't had a chance to play in a settled back four, the protection from midfield has been lacking, we've made a ton of silly mistakes and there's been a lot of turmoil. There's also been ongoing issues with our pressing I think.

Look at Liverpool, Sakho looked lost earlier this season, Skrtel has been average at best and often looked rather clueless for a long time. A system, some belief, a bit of confidence, it changes things. Terry has looked utterly past it for some time now, bring in Mourinho, a system that works for him and the confidence that brings and he's back to being really really good again.

Talking of Chelsea, to those saying that Chiriches just isn't physically built to play in the PL what were your views on Gallas (when played at centre back) and Carvalho for example?

Kyle Walker said (during the Bale era) that Kaboul was probably the quickest player in the squad.

It depends on the distance. Lennon will have fastest acceleration, but the likes of Walker and Kaboul will probably overtake him over the length of a football pitch.

Maybe it's a case of reading too much in to things but he seemed to dissapear straight after that drinking incident back in Romania

Stefan Savic has improved greatly. Not the guy he was at Emirates Marketing Project. Very damn good defender

If we're going to be playing the high line again. And its pochettino with the whole team pushing up so we are. Then we can't have a defender who repeatedly doesnt know whether to come intercept the ball or drop back and gets caught in between. He can't head the ball neither.

Sure he's good on the ball but I'd rather our midfielders where good on the ball and not the likes of Sandro, Paulinho, Livermore, Capoue and Dembele, all of whom either don't have the ability to spot a pass or make that pass.

Stefan Savic has improved greatly. Not the guy he was at Emirates Marketing Project. Very damn good defender

Always thought he looked talented at City. Made some silly mistakes and looked not quite ready for the physical nature of the Premier League, but at that age coming from a much smaller league it's hardly surprising.

There are a lot of rumors about him joining AS Roma. Does anybody have any knowledge about this ?

If we're going to be playing the high line again. And its pochettino with the whole team pushing up so we are. Then we can't have a defender who repeatedly doesnt know whether to come intercept the ball or drop back and gets caught in between. He can't head the ball neither.

Sure he's good on the ball but I'd rather our midfielders where good on the ball and not the likes of Sandro, Paulinho, Livermore, Capoue and Dembele, all of whom either don't have the ability to spot a pass or make that pass.
Hence, is there a case go Chiriches to be one of Poch's Ball receiving DMs?

There are a lot of rumors about him joining AS Roma. Does anybody have any knowledge about this ?

A lot of rumours, but for me at least nothing solid looking so far. No journalist I think of as trustworthy, solid ITK news or anything about this. For now I'm not getting worried, not unusual to see the copy-and-paste media do this kind of stuff.

Might be that the Romanian press is more up to date on this than the English press.

Hence, is there a case go Chiriches to be one of Poch's Ball receiving DMs?

I'm guessing he would do at least alright there, but hasn't struck me as the kind of metronomic passer we need as one of our deep midfielders (imo) and in terms of out and out defensive midfielders we have plenty of options already so I don't really see how it solves any of our problems.

Yeah, but do Roma need the money? Benatia is by far their best CB, I think it's just silly money who could tempt them to part with him - even if Vlad could be a good replacement.

Back