• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vorm

I know keepers are generally cheaper but that is a good deal in today's inflated market. Pretty happy with this signing if it goes through.

He's a bit older than I thought too.

I know keepers are generally cheaper but that is a good deal in today's inflated market. Pretty happy with this signing if it goes through.

He's a bit older than I thought too.

It's one hell of a deal bearing in mind Atletico Madrid have just paid £12.6m for a GK.

hopefully vorm will be on form and that will be the norm...wont get distracted by **** and attract our scorn......now im worn........out!

Seems to me this signing is to make an assault for champions league qualification on 2 fronts, via the league or by Europa. Strengthening our 'second string' with a sweeper keeper like Lloris should mean the first team and reserves play the same style of football throughout.

Or, we got him cheap and there's no harm in having 2 very good goalies.

Last edited:
Very happy with this signing, is the keeper I wanted before Hugo arrived. Hopefully it means Hugo won't have to go on the inevitable long trips to GHod knows where in the UEFA Cup. Smart business.

Yea, I've come round to this after reading vorms quotes, saying all top teams need 2 good keepers, gave the impression he wasn't expecting to be no.1. Also good succession planning if the worst does come to the worst with lloris in a year or two.

He's decent and for the price, I'm sure will be value for our money. However, he's one of those goalie's that sometimes has me thinking that he could've done better there.

Yea, I've come round to this after reading vorms quotes, saying all top teams need 2 good keepers, gave the impression he wasn't expecting to be no.1. Also good succession planning if the worst does come to the worst with lloris in a year or two.

#2 at spurs > #2 at swansea i guess.

It's not succession planning.

Vorm will be No.2 to Hugo.

If Hugo leaves next summer or the year after, we'll sign a new No.1.

I'm worried about this, Vorm is way too good to be second choice, I think Lloris might be off.

W're just making sure we have top class back up. Not like the days we were trying to decide who was worse between an out of form Paul Robinson and Radek Cerny. \o/

It's not succession planning.

Vorm will be No.2 to Hugo.

If Hugo leaves next summer or the year after, we'll sign a new No.1.

Yea maybe, I should have written "potential succession planning" really. if vorm shows the form he did in his first season with Swansea then we'd prob be happy with him as no.1, in the event of lloris leaving.

Very happy with this signing, is the keeper I wanted before Hugo arrived. Hopefully it means Hugo won't have to go on the inevitable long trips to GHod knows where in the UEFA Cup. Smart business.

Always respected Vorm, surprised he's not #1 somewhere.

I think what people are missing is Vorm can play similar to Hugo, one of the challenges we faced last season is Brad doesn't play the same style, so the team/defense has to change if we change keepers.

With Gomes gone, Brad in semi-retirement, looks like a really good piece of business.

Always respected Vorm, surprised he's not #1 somewhere.

I think what people are missing is Vorm can play similar to Hugo, one of the challenges we faced last season is Brad doesn't play the same style, so the team/defense has to change if we change keepers.

With Gomes gone, Brad in semi-retirement, looks like a really good piece of business.

I don't think many have missed it. Pretty much everyone understands that Vorm is far more of a sweeper keeper and would therefore disrupt the team far less than Brad.

I don't think many have missed it. Pretty much everyone understands that Vorm is far more of a sweeper keeper and would therefore disrupt the team far less than Brad.
Indeed, judging by the way Poch was trying to get the keepers to play from the back and be accurate with their kicking, I can understand The Vorn purchase as he is actually the best of our keepers at doing this.
The kicking of the two keepers yesterday was poor.

Back