• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official MKII- Paulinho

I don't think anyone will pay £25 million for him. But if anyone is willing, we'll take it! We have a problem with too many central midfielders, and Paulinho is probably one of the most 'realisable' assets. Turning a profit on him would be amazing, considering some substandard performances over the last season. If we did sell him, you want us to bring in another top player. Despite the frustration, he's one of the better midfielders we have, and scores goals.

I don't think anyone will pay £25 million for him. But if anyone is willing, we'll take it! We have a problem with too many central midfielders, and Paulinho is probably one of the most 'realisable' assets. Turning a profit on him would be amazing, considering some substandard performances over the last season. If we did sell him, you want us to bring in another top player. Despite the frustration, he's one of the better midfielders we have, and scores goals.
Why 25 mill, what is wrong with 20, heck even the 17 mill we paid for him. We take the money and move on without losing anything of significnce .

It just shows he's efficient considering he managed 11 goals off 44 shots, would probably put him amongst the best in Europe with that conversion rate. I think any objective fan can see Adebayor isn't about goals, he looks to create for others and bring them into play. As for being uninvolved, passes per 90:

And therein lies the rub, because it is a bitch if Ade is not about goals when we do not appear to have a lot of goals else where in our team. It is not like we have loads of goals from midfield

And therein lies the rub, because it is a bitch if Ade is not about goals when we do not appear to have a lot of goals else where in our team. It is not like we have loads of goals from midfield

I should have said "isn't just about goals", I mean he did score 11 in half a season, that's a pretty decent return. Soldado's all about goals and he got two all year. Whether Ade stays or goes I'm not massively fussed but I think it's clear to see what Adebayor can and does bring to a team, Paulinho on the otherhand I really don't.

Anyone else get a slight Kevin Prince Boateng flashback when people are talking about how useless Paulinho is?

I know it's a bit of a cop-out to say "in Poch we trust" about everything, but for me at least I would be perfectly happy to see Paulinho stay if Poch thinks he fits his style and will be useful for the team.

Anyone else get a slight Kevin Prince Boateng flashback when people are talking about how useless Paulinho is?

I know it's a bit of a cop-out to say "in Poch we trust" about everything, but for me at least I would be perfectly happy to see Paulinho stay if Poch thinks he fits his style and will be useful for the team.

Not really, I rated Boeteng highly when he was here and thought his skill was obvious. Was gutted when we sold him....

The Brazilian Fellaini.

What is his role?

He's only good an getting on to the ball in the box.
But he cant even bury his chances at the moment.

He pulls out of tackles. He cant create anything.

At least the likes of Zokora and Palacios were decent at tackling. Even Jenas was a better passer.

I'd like to see all last years buys get another season under settled management, but getting back what we paid for Paulinho, I think I'd take that and give our new manger some pochet money.
He showed what he is capable of against Stoke but I just can't see him being consistent and the fact he never settled his last time in Europe raises doubts he will this time.

We have ourselves an anti-Brasilian. How many times have Brasilian imports been criticised with the how will he do on a cold night at Stoke line.

Yeah if Poch insists that Paulinho stays then we have to get behind the decision I guess.

The KPB comparison? Possibly, but didn't he cost about 5 mill so the fact he was a failure didn't matter too much and he has done OK since moving on but its definitely not a sale I regret

Regarding Paulinho I think if we get back anything like the 17 mill we paid then we will be lucky. Like you said, let's see what Poch decides firdt .

The reason we'll need to turn a profit to sell him is that 1. it takes a year to settle for a lot of players. And if we sell, 2. we'll need to buy. Who would you buy who could play CL but is not coveted by CL teams? 3. Goals from midfield 4. Paulinho is far better than Jeanas, Boeteng etc who is still not great, despite his improvement.

Poch needs to work with Paulinho for us to find out whether his deft touches, running and goals (he scored a lot of key goals in the Confederations despite what people say) can fit into good all-round performances. Soldado didn't score many goals, but many people can see his ability. Paulinho scored a few more than Soldado.

You should go back and watch him in the confederations cup games last summer - especially the one where he was up against Xavi and Iniesta

Yea, and did you watch the David Bentley hat trick for Blackburn against ManU? Seriously though, sitting on my setee with a cheese and pickle sandwich and drinking brown ale watching him play all last season, I didn't see him have any particularly stand out games. If he has been the victim of bad management, and his performance in this WC is because we broke him, then maybe Poch will fix him if he thinks this is the case. If we keep him, I am more than willing to be surprised by his transformation.

How can you judge anyone on last season's performances alone? Especially a foreign player playing his first season in the PL which we all know is difficult to adjust to. Add-on the fact that our starting XI was in constant turmoil and that both managers were absolute s***.

Give him another season under a new manager and then make your decision, not now.

How can you judge anyone on last season's performances alone? Especially a foreign player playing his first season in the PL which we all know is difficult to adjust to. Add-on the fact that our starting XI was in constant turmoil and that both managers were absolute s***.

Give him another season under a new manager and then make your decision, not now.
Last season, the world cup now, you want another season or two of nothingness? Go ahead :)

I'd go for someone like Clasie. I'd prefer to have someone who can run a game for us in that CM

You reckon we could get Claise for £20 million? Really? He will have top table options after the WC and be a lot more than Paulie in value. Not a chance.

Last season, the world cup now, you want another season or two of nothingness? Go ahead :)

Was it Paulinho who was ****e at the world cup or in fact all the brazil team who underperformed? He was poor with us last year but our whole team amounted to much ado about nothing. He was no worse than anyone else for Brazil this last month, they were almost all average to dreadful (including £50million Luiz).

You will struggle to find an upgrade this summer except for silly money (and who could flop as well). The question is whether we can create a significant midfield from what we have already, without him, which we possibly can. In which case it doesn't matter whether we sell him (stadium funding) or keep him and see if, with rest , recovery and a potentially decent manager , there is a player buried in there.

He looked to be hitting some form before Charlie the **** knobbled him. I don't like writing players off so quickly, especially if Mourinho and the italians see something there.

I think someone like Fabian Delph is better than Paulinho. Even Steve Sidwell who just moved to Stoke on a free outperformed Paulinho last year, I really think that's his kind of level. Jonjo Shelvey another unfancied name who has more talent.

All 3 of them had good moments (which is more than Paulinho really) but all 3 are inconsistent journeymen that trundle along in mediocrity until they hit the odd 35 yard screamer and fade away again for a while. None will get us challenging for top 4

I think someone like Fabian Delph is better than Paulinho. Even Steve Sidwell who just moved to Stoke on a free outperformed Paulinho last year, I really think that's his kind of level. Jonjo Shelvey another unfancied name who has more talent.

why do you think Juventus are in for Paulinho rather than Sidwell/Delph?

do you think maybe that there's more to the player than what you have seen of him over the last 12 months?

All 3 of them had good moments (which is more than Paulinho really) but all 3 are inconsistent journeymen that trundle along in mediocrity until they hit the odd 35 yard screamer and fade away again for a while. None will get us challenging for top 4

I think that's unfair on Delph and Shelvey. Sidwell fair enough. Shelvey especially, he's only 22 and contributed 6 goals and 6 assists last season, he is very inconsistent I agree but I watch him and I see talent that I just don't with Paulinho, that's not right for a £17m so called Brazilian international. It's not just a case of settling in either because I've felt the same watching him for Brazil before he came to Spurs and obviously since. I just see him as a really limited player, you can list every attribute needed to be a top central midfielder and I feel he has very few of them, his entire game sems to just be jog around off the ball and hope to find some space in the area to pop one in.

Back