• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

Probably not a Gooner after all then.
Just trying to make it watertight if he's going against the Inspector's recommendation to turn us/the Council down.

This seems like it could be on the way to great news

Sadly, Harry Hotspur is saying that Archway will appeal. Which no doubt pleases him to see it dragged on even longer; he appears to have friends on the Archway side of things and said sometime ago that he'd be spilling details about what's gone on.

I'm sure it will all be fascinating. And unbiased.

But as mentioned above, they can only appeal regarding the procedure - i.e. that DCLG did something improper, not against the verdict itself.

They can go to the European courts and say that Tottenham are gaining from state aid is a rumour GB

They can go to the European courts and say that Tottenham are gaining from state aid is a rumour GB

That is specifically addressed in the letter though, and the presence or absence of any state aid is not relevant to the CPO process.

This was the appeal I thought? The original decision was made in April 2013?

There are further avenues for appeal.

High Court and European Court of Human Rights, perhaps. But these will cost and the chance of a positive outcome for Archway is remote. So, hopefully, they will be well advised to cut their losses while they can.

Id imagine the appeal would go to the European courts over state aid, its all done for here, nothing can stop us in the UK.

It would be bloody stupid if we sat on our **** for the last 6 months without sounding out the council about changes to the stadium.

I would hope that we have consulted with the council about the new design (just as we did with the initial plans). But the council will still have to go through the correct public process.

This is the ground we're going to be playing at for the next 118 years (if the longevity of WHL is anything to go by).

You want to compromise the quality of that for the sake of a few weeks extra planning procedure?

Agreed. Far more important to get it right than to get it right now.

....though I think it unlikely that this new stadium will last 58 years in its initial form, let alone 118. Modern buildings, unless genuinely iconic and irreplaceable, tend to become obsolete within 30-50 years.

So is the timeline now:

2014-15: ground work begins but still lots of paperwork, contracts and funding announced

2015-16: last season at WHL

2016-17 - relocate to Skegness or wherever

2017-18 - new stadium opens

(Although the official plan still has us playing 2016/17 in a partially built NP?)

I can't help but feel we could be further along with this though. And the CPO was not timed to be "given the green light" by the close season so we could be in a position with the new stadium where it might be ready from the middle of a season?

Probably not a Gooner after all then.
Just trying to make it watertight if he's going against the Inspector's recommendation to turn us/the Council down.
It seems clear that Archway's solicitors were digging up all sorts of reasons that took time to carefully consider the response to.

This seems like it could be on the way to great news

Sadly, Harry Hotspur is saying that Archway will appeal. Which no doubt pleases him to see it dragged on even longer; he appears to have friends on the Archway side of things and said sometime ago that he'd be spilling details about what's gone on.

I'm sure it will all be fascinating. And unbiased.

That's why I said earlier that someone bigger than Archway is secretly supporting them in doing all they can to prevent us or delay us from building the stadium

It makes absolutely no sense why they continue to dig their heels in

Pictures from Archway Steel tis morning

china-property-dispute-rights.jpg

State aid?

Are we being confused with West Ham?

Just released in the US that each NFL franchise earned $187.7million from its national revenue share in 2013! A salary cap cost is in the region of $130million.

No transfer costs in the NFL, as everything is contract and free agent driven so having an NFL franchise is like printing money.. I'd be very surprised if Daniel Levy and co are not interested. Add to that $187m the matchday revenue, merchandise revenue etc etc

Bit out of leftfield as not been much news about NFL just thought I'd share this new news released today.

:) I was talking to a Chelsea-supporting colleague about the new stadium recently and he admitted he is concerned they will be left behind.

they wont be able to do anything until the chelsea pitch owners sell up as they own the chelsea football club name and when the corrupt ruskie tried the other year they said no

Its thought that we will be earning money by the council making this purchase of land.

The waived S106 just meant we didn't have to spend £40m on cycle lanes and hanging baskets in the surrounding area. It hasn't subsidised the stadium in any way.

The price paid in CPOs is determined by independent valuation. It's market value + 10% or something.

Does anyone know the time line for archway. Like how long have they got to appeal and when they have to **** off by?

Does anyone know the time line for archway. Like how long have they got to appeal and when they have to **** off by?

Would be good to know. I would also suggest that they're agenda isn't to actually see Spurs fail to build a stadium, it's to make as much money as they can from selling their land. I don't know much about CPOs but isn't there always a possibility that they might just agree to sell up at any time?

The waived S106 just meant we didn't have to spend £40m on cycle lanes and hanging baskets in the surrounding area. It hasn't subsidised the stadium in any way.

The price paid in CPOs is determined by independent valuation. It's market value + 10% or something.

Does not mean they cannot try and hold things up

Who is purchasing Archway?

Last edited:
Back