• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ricardo Rodriguez

Out of the question because of the price tag

Its a lot to spend 18 mill or more on a full back

It's no less important a position than any other on the pitch. Rodriguez is young and will retain his value well, fitness and form allowing. If he's gettable, we should be all over it for £18m. We don't need many players so we can afford to spend a bit more on better players for the positions that we do need to fill.

It's no less important a position than any other on the pitch. Rodriguez is young and will retain his value well, fitness and form allowing. If he's gettable, we should be all over it for £18m. We don't need many players so we can afford to spend a bit more on better players for the positions that we do need to fill.
I agree....let's hope the man who signs the cheques agrees :)

Very good player we could do a lot worse hope its true.
Potentially excellent player and the sort of signings we need to be making.

I agree....let's hope the man who signs the cheques agrees :)

The thing is that you're right, the difference between £12m and £18m for a young player isn't all that big. I'm almost sure the cheque signer agrees, that is if the footballing people on the transfer committee (Baldini, Poch, scouts) are convinced that Ricardo Rodriguez is so clearly a better option for us than Ben Davies as some people on here are.

The thing is that you're right, the difference between £12m and £18m for a young player isn't all that big. I'm almost sure the cheque signer agrees, that is if the footballing people on the transfer committee (Baldini, Poch, scouts) are convinced that Ricardo Rodriguez is so clearly a better option for us than Ben Davies as some people on here are.

In fairness ben davies is not that exciting from a fans pov
He may improve as well but if swansea really want 12 mill for him then spending the extra on rodriguez is a good plan
If the comitee cant see that then they shouldnt be the comitee ;)

In fairness ben davies is not that exciting from a fans pov
He may improve as well but if swansea really want 12 mill for him then spending the extra on rodriguez is a good plan
If the comitee cant see that then they shouldnt be the comitee ;)

I'm perfectly happy to see the transfer committee make decisions based on other factors that how excited a signing will make us as fans.

Rodriguez certainly looked very good at the World Cup, but if he's worth significantly more than Ben Davies I honestly don't know. I trust Baldini, Poch etc to make a solid decision on things like these though and I trust Levy to back them to a reasonable extent.

I don't, why do you think full backs are much cheaper than every other position on the pitch?
In this case Rodriguez adds a lot going forward. He can also take set pieces, he is not a bog standard full back.

It is an important area of the pitch.

Back