• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Trix

We tried to sign Agbonlahor a good while back but he thought Villa were the better long term prospect.

neo-bullet-dodge-o.gif

Well blue and yellow was Rossi despite what POTL tried to claim later with Ade and someone else I can't recall.

Trix

First off we had a great day, really enjoyed it. The conditions were a bit too good for proper fishing tbh, but for novices it was far better than what I'd call ideal conditions. Anyway I don't want to name too many names because I may well be getting a fair bit of business off the back of today's little excursion, but the stuff I can say I will. There was not much transfer related stuff talked about, but I did push them as far as I thought possible.

Lovren

This is again second hand, as although my mate speaks regularly to his agent he hasn't seen him for at least a week or so. Firstly I need to clarify the comment I made in the Lovren thread regarding him willing to strike. When Lovren joined Southampton he had better options available to him but he decided on Southampton because he bought into the long term plan that Pochetinno and Cortese pitched to him. He was made assurances that the team would be built on and not dismantled as they had a great young squad that in a couple of years could really go places. Well one year in and things are very very different. He understands though that it is not Poch's fault and that Poch has moved on to try and fulfill the same dream he had at Southampton which is to build his own footballing dynasty in his own image. Hard work, a system that is both solid defensively but has fluidity from an attacking pov. Most importantly there has to be strong team ethic where they want to win, not for the fans or the coach, but for each other. When I was told he would go on strike to get his move this was part of a very short conversation I had, where I am not sure I got the whole context. After a more lengthy chat it appears that yes he will strike but that will be a last resort. He feels that he has done things the right way by putting in a transfer request, and that coupled with a decent transfer fee should be enough. He wasn't lied to when he went there but things have changed significantly since he agreed to the move and where he originally thought it might take a couple of years to progress and start to chalenge the top sides he now believes they never will while the current regime is in place.

Levy

Not as disliked by agent folk as I thought. One of the guys that I spoke to has had many dealings with Levy over the last few years, and said Levy is very good at what he does. The agents job is to get the best deals for their players and Levy's job is to get the best possible deal for the club. He said Levy would never expect the agents to role over and he thinks the same from his POV re the chairman. Said whenever he knows he is going to be negotiating with Levy he makes certain he is prepared and knows he has to be on his A game. I asked him about Levy moving the goal posts late in deals and he replied "who doesn't if they have the other guy on the ropes". He also added he is one of the very best as far as looking after the players is concerned. Makes sure they have everything they need when they are new to the club and more so the country. Says the team Levy has working with the players from a non playing perspective are excellent. Worth noting his agency have had a few players at the club and one there at the moment. He said Agents are likely to push players towards a club they have a good working relationship with. I asked if that meant he might be willing to put a word in with Messi, to which he laughed and replied he will retire at either Barca or move back to South America. Nothing else interests him at all.

Hugo

Is very happy at the club and has settled well. believes the squad massively under achieved last season. He said as the goalkeeper he can see everything from a perspective that no one else has. (Hugo's own words apparently)" Last season, it was at times like watching a game of chess where one of the players did not know how the pieces moved. We often had the best team but the worst tactical thinking". Said he has seen enough in training to know we should have done far far better, which is why he is willing to give it another season at least. When i asked if that meant he would definitely stay, I was told "some moves are just too big to turn down". Poch has spoken to him and told him briefly what he plans to do and that Hugo is very much part of his plans. Wished him good luck at the WC and told him he hoped that he comes back with a winners medal. (I expect he said exactly the same to all our WC contingent) Now i don't know if any of the players were consulted prior to the appointment, but apparently he was a very popular choice with a lot of them before Tim had even gone. Read into that what you will.

Poch.

All four of the boys today were very complimentary of him(and I mean very). Even though none of them have had first hand dealings with him(yet) they were all very much of the same opinion. Stuff gets passed between agents and players very quickly and everything they had heard regarding Poch was positive. Both agents said they would encourage their players to speak to Poch if he wanted them, but one of them said they will know more about him through word of mouth than they did anyway. Many of them mix outside of the clubs because they have so much in common, and can't just do regular things.

A couple of smaller bits.

We tried to sign Agbonlahor a good while back but he thought Villa were the better long term prospect.

Villa have a young teenage lad that apparently every agent in the land is trying to get their hands on, but his old man is having none of it. Very, very special was the verdict from them all, and apparently miles ahead of his age group(and not just in this country).

Anyone know who this might be?

A Villa friend of mine said it might be this one, but wasn't really convinced. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Grealish

Who: JJetset
When: 24th June
Where: SC

All too early yet for signings.
I could name 10 players that could co some out of left field.
Poch will assess the squad first before we do anything. Unless DL decides to splash out without telling anyone!
Time will tell....

Who: Grey Fox
When: 24th June

Ok time to put you lot out of your misery. Nine while Nine on page 2 was pretty close on page 2! and Stan was pretty much bang on the money.

Explanation Dejan (Lovren) translated means "they leave" he is our 1st choice , Roja (red) is one of Broomfield's spots from a few years ago and we have renewed interest and finally H Moreno (black) yes it tends to be used for brown, but can be used to describe someone who is black.

To expand a little, although JJ's last is right to a certain extent, Poch has already had discussions about where he feels we need to strengthen for his style of play and CB and LB are 2 of those positions. Dawson is almost certain to go probably QPR or Hull and there are still concerns about Kaboul's fitness. Poch really wants Lovren, but if Southampton play hard ball with price (we should know in a week or so) then Moreno and Roja are on our list too. Roja because he can play LB as well as CB. As JJ says it will be a week or so before we see much movement.

For all of you that moaned about the cryptic i apologise, I thought it might lighten up your days, but it obviously ****ed some of you off, I promise I won't do it again :p

So he is basically saying what everyone on here has been speculating about for the last week?

Who: The Goat
When: 26th June

The Goat has been told that Poch wants players back and to meet them face to face before making a decision on players futures. Wants to see if they have the "heart" to play his style. (His words)

The Goat was also told that Poch has spoken to Holtby and said he wants him to stay.

He's spoken with Lamela at length and both he and the medical team are very impressed with the work he's putting in.

Lovren is getting complicated, the fee being the sticking point and there's a chance we could still go in for Lallana

Who: Trix
Where: COYS

Just been told Lalana is no chance, mind firmly set on Pool. Lovren on the other hand prefers us(Poch), and is all about us agr5eeing with Saints before they have sold their quota. Second hand info, and again from Lovrens agent.

Who: Trix
Where: COYS

Just been told Lalana is no chance, mind firmly set on Pool. Lovren on the other hand prefers us(Poch), and is all about us agr5eeing with Saints before they have sold their quota. Second hand info, and again from Lovrens agent.

Good. Liverpool can have Lallana - he's the next David Bentley. Over-priced Englishman with no real redeeming qualities. Lovren far more what we need and better value

Good. Liverpool can have Lallana - he's the next David Bentley. Over-priced Englishman with no real redeeming qualities. Lovren far more what we need and better value

Exactly, overpriced and in an area where we already have lots of players (even if we can do with a little more creativity)

Exactly, overpriced and in an area where we already have lots of players (even if we can do with a little more creativity)

I hope and think Lamela could do something about that. Lovren would be nice though, the injury record for our CB's last season was awful, and cost us some points.

Lol Lallana will not be the next Bentley at all. He has a lot of skill and will fit in well to Liverpool's style....

Have heard that Baldini has met with represantives of Karol Linnetti, an under 21 Polish International from Lech Poznan and the player wants to come.The price is euro 3m, the snag is the length of contract, he wants 3 years, Spurs want 5years.

Have heard that Baldini has met with represantives of Karol Linnetti, an under 21 Polish International from Lech Poznan and the player wants to come.The price is euro 3m, the snag is the length of contract, he wants 3 years, Spurs want 5years.

That's the kind of itk that I like. A name completely out of the blue rather than merely some obvious target or a rehashed version of what the papers / other itks are saying. Even the possible snag is more original (and credible) than the usual qualifying statements that itks come up with. Sounds like Levy's kind of deal. And even if nothing comes of it or it turns out to be ********, I've learnt of the existence of a player I'd never heard of before.

Bravo!

Back