• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Germany and Portugal

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Germany and USA

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Germany and Ghana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal and USA

• Portugal and Ghana

• USA and Ghana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like how you think England are closer to that than the USA, despite that England has shown zero to support that. Not saying the USA is a top 8 team, I agree with you that we aren't, but still.

Historically we are of course that's why we're in the list. Of course you're no where near it despite improving over recent years.

Unfortunately I think USA will go through. I say unfortunately because I'd love to see the top 8 teams in the quarters and Portugal are closer to that than USA. Imagine Brazil, Argentina, Holland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and England in the last 8. That's what the WC is about for me.
I was about to write something about surprises, underdogs etc., but then I saw you didn't mention Germany among the top 8 so I had to delete it all.

So... Youd rather see it be the tems that wrtegood 20 plus years ago rather thab teams who are there now?

****, why let anyone other than Spain, England, Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Argentina, and Netherlands in at all?

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

Last edited:
Historically we are of course that's why we're in the list. Of course you're no where near it despite improving over recent years.

Historically, England probably just about edge Spain as the 8th best nation. Both have won it once, but Sweden top both in terms of semi final appearances (4 vs 2).

Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Uruguay being the best.

USA even finished 3rd once.

So... Youd rather see it be the tems that wrtegood 20 plus years ago rather thab teams who are there now?

****, why let anyone other than Spain, England, Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico (?) in at all?

Agree with this. I don't want to see classic teams resting on their laurels. I want to see young, upstart and hungry teams. Spain don't deserve to advance, neither do England. They shouldn't be there just because historically they have been there.

Haven't posted on here in a while. But damn that cross by Ronaldo was so good. So upset right now. But I haven't seen a US team play this well, ever. Really optimistic we're going through.

I thought the US played some excellent football tonight. Knocked it around in small areas, kept possession, then spread it quick and threatened regularly. They played better football than England did in the same stadium. =D>

Unfortunately I think USA will go through. I say unfortunately because I'd love to see the top 8 teams in the quarters and Portugal are closer to that than USA. Imagine Brazil, Argentina, Holland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and England in the last 8. That's what the WC is about for me.

How boring

Also interesting - and I didn't know that the ref could do this.

Initially he added 4 minutes of stoppage but added a minute after stoppage had started.

The broadcast here in America showed the display as +4 and Ian Darke mentioned it as 4 minutes and then about a minute or so into stoppage time the ref changed it to 5.

I didn't know they could do that.

Also interesting - and I didn't know that the ref could do this.

Initially he added 4 minutes of stoppage but added a minute after stoppage had started.

The broadcast here in America showed the display as +4 and Ian Darke mentioned it as 4 minutes and then about a minute or so into stoppage time the ref changed it to 5.

I didn't know they could do that.

The rule says the displayed added time is the minimum that shall be played. He can let play go on for longer if there's reasons to do so. Preferably non-sequential bills in a plain envelope. :-"

The rule says the displayed added time is the minimum that shall be played. He can let play go on for longer if there's reasons to do so.

Right. It was originally displayed as 4 and then changed to 5 after about a minute of play.

I'd never seen that done before.

Right. It was originally displayed as 4 and then changed to 5 after about a minute of play.

I'd never seen that done before.

Could be there was a stoppage in play after he had informed the 4th official on how minutes there was going to be.

BqxLat2CAAIxKNn.png

Based on what your eyes are telling you though mate, the US are absolutely one of the top sides in this tournament. Their football has been at best dominant and at worse efficient. I'd love to see England play with that drive. Not forgetting that they lost Altidore early-doors against Ghana. In fact the last 8 you have there would, for me, end up becoming a bore-fest of tactical stalemates between several of those countries. Portugal? They're not even the best side in Portugal!!! Klinsmann is a superb coach, and everyone will see his full work NEXT tournament IMO...

Agree with this. I don't want to see classic teams resting on their laurels. I want to see young, upstart and hungry teams. Spain don't deserve to advance, neither do England. They shouldn't be there just because historically they have been there.

Agreed.

I thought the US played some excellent football tonight. Knocked it around in small areas, kept possession, then spread it quick and threatened regularly. They played better football than England did in the same stadium. =D>

Once Bradley got central and stopped drifting wide, absolutely. They settled down after a horrendous error and dominated. Jurgen's a genius...

****, why let anyone other than Spain, England, Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Argentina, and Netherlands in at all?

I'd rather see the best players in the latter stages yes. I'd rather see Iniesta, fabregas etc than Dempsey for example!!

Back