• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs players trried to avoid England call-up - says Harry

Whiffler

Jermaine Jenas
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27962633

"When full internationals came around, two or three players didn't want to go and play for England," Redknapp said.

"They'd come to me 10 days before the game and say: 'Gaffer, get me out of the game. I don't want to play in it.'"

The way it's phrased, they had been picked for the squad and wanted out. It could be just before the squad was named.

So who are the names in the frame - who might have ended up playing anyway?.

I believe England have been pretty hot on checking player injuries in recent years, but why would Harry say this if it weren't true?

It is funny how Redknapp doesn't mention if he had helped the players avoid the call-up or not. That will reveal what kind of manager he is. And why does he needs to reveal that now ? It is clear, he is still bitter about not becoming the England manager and getting sacked by Spurs. Redknapp's big-mouth is his worst enemy.

It is funny how Redknapp doesn't mention if he had helped the players avoid the call-up or not. That will reveal what kind of manager he is. And why does he needs to reveal that now ? It is clear, he is still bitter about not becoming the England manager and getting sacked by Spurs. Redknapp's big-mouth is his worst enemy.

I'm not sure that it reveals any more about the type of manager that Redknapp is than it does about Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho or countless others who frequently withdraw players from international duty on dubious grounds.

I would have thought we never had a player with a media personality, and endorsement big enough to be able to get away or a need to get away from a call up.

Is there anything in that quote that suggests this happened at Spurs??

Yes - hence the thread title.

You could follow the link for more.

It is a freshly input/updated? article - but doesn't say it was today/yesterday/this week.

Gerrard said today that he wants Redknapp to name names :) he even questioned the journos whether it was Lennon, Walker, Townsend who Redknapp was talking about.....hahaha Spurs being dragged into the sh!t.

He must surely be aware that by failing to name names he is potentially besmirching the reputation of each and every English international who was on our books during his tenure.

King
Defoe
Crouch
Parker
Woodgate
Dawson
Huddlestone
Lennon
Bentley
Walker
Townsend
Jenas
Caulker
Bent

Care factor? Every top club does it and its why the English national team is a crock. Bunch of wannabes pretending they care about international football whenever a tournament is on, then not giving 2 solid ****s in between.

Good I say. Hope all our English players do it, theres nothing to be gained out of it.

Care factor? Every top club does it and its why the English national team is a crock. Bunch of wannabes pretending they care about international football whenever a tournament is on, then not giving 2 solid ****s in between.

Good I say. Hope all our English players do it, theres nothing to be gained out of it.

The main reason many even care about a tournament is the improved sponsorship deals it can get them.

Back