• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Back thread

Re: Central defenders

Is it Levy's fault Villa chose Atletico? Plus Barca pushed him there at a cut price so they could get dibs on Oliver Torres.

What do you do when he only chooses players outside our budget constraints?

Tell him so. Then let him come back with others that were on the list.

BTW I'm an advocate of quality over quantity. I'd prefer one player for 25m not two. Me and Levy would not get on. :lol:

Is it Levy's fault Villa chose Atletico? Plus Barca pushed him there at a cut price so they could get dibs on Oliver Torres.

He even signed a deal with Athletico for significantly lower wages than we offered. To be fair Levy and Baldini pushed the boat out to get Villa and he was very close to signing before Athletico did the deal.

Lovern and Vertz will be as good as any centre back partnership in the Premiership. Cahill and Terry look as good as they do due to being in a settled and organized defensive team, Kompany and an other will be fantastic too, if they get the Roma bloke then they'll nip in front of Lovey and Vertz.

Please lord I hope we don't sign Ferdinand ! Free or not well past his sell by date looked hopeless on few occasions I've seen him last season.lovren would be a tidy choice

He even signed a deal with Athletico for significantly lower wages than we offered. To be fair Levy and Baldini pushed the boat out to get Villa and he was very close to signing before Athletico did the deal.

If they want Soldado then I would still take Villa as a makeweight, age not withstanding.

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated

Benfica's Garay is on verge of joining AVB at Zenit according to reports. He had been linked with Spurs. #THFC

BILD and Kicker reporting that Garay is now on the verge of joining Bayern Munich

Would have loved a player like him at Spurs, but was always destined for one of the CL-clubs imo

What do people think about Mexico's Hector Moreno......Poch signed him for Espanyol in 2011 and Moreno was Espanyol's player of the year season 2011-12

He kind of plays like a Vertonghen that gives a fcuk :) excellent at bringing the ball out from the back

I've been impressed with him so far

John O Shea at 3m ?? yes please !!
International CH that can play rb if needed..... At the very least he would be great cover over the winter

John O Shea at 3m ?? yes please !!
International CH that can play rb if needed..... At the very least he would be great cover over the winter

Hmmm signing a 33 year old CB from Sunderland doesnt strike me as progression. Didnt think he was that great at the peak of his career so now that he's well past 30 its even less exciting

Maybe we're signing him as cover for Lloris. Keane certainly couldn't get passed him in goal ;)

Hmmm signing a 33 year old CB from Sunderland doesnt strike me as progression. Didnt think he was that great at the peak of his career so now that he's well past 30 its even less exciting

Nor did signing a 34yo Moroccan CB from Deportivo La Coruna but it worked out fine as cover.

Back