• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Pochettino obviously has no idea or a plan B... meanwhile, others look forward to work in the morning, alt-tabbing between their mundane MS Excel file and their expert football analysis, waiting to be discovered by a cyber Bobby Robson equivalent!
#dayjob #lol #benny

Pochettino obviously has no idea or a plan B... meanwhile, others look forward to work in the morning, alt-tabbing between their mundane MS Excel file and their expert football analysis, waiting to be discovered by a cyber Bobby Robson equivalent!
#dayjob #lol #benny

:rio:

i'm supportive of the new coach, and how progressive he is: a modern footballing philosophy, working the team's socks off but yet gaining respsect of the players etc. however i'm not lost on the fact that its been 18 months and one team. but poch is young and that good start with relatively little resources is a positive sign. you could argue that sherwood had a better start (with better resources) but I was never enamoured with his brand middle-age of football.

a young coach is always a risk, and i'm pining my hopes on his footballing philosophy and work ethic that i think will take us further than the last few managers we've had. granted, its going to be a lot of getting used to levy, baldini and the seemingly mess of players that we have right now; However looking back at how our past managers have been consistenly neutered after leaving, i am convinced that poch's success is underpinned by levy and baldini also finding a way to work effectively together .

Teams in Portugal must've sat back against Porto though. AVB (at Chelsea and us) didn't seem to be able to put his Porto style into operation in the Premier League. Poch, at least, seems to have been able to get Southampton playing in the style he wanted. Whether he can do that with us remains to be seen, but he has had some relative success in England so far.

Teams in Portugal are ****e though. Its completely non competitive like in Scotland.
The Premier League is the most competitive in the world for anyone being able to beat anyone on their day.

Teams in Portugal are ****e though. Its completely non competitive like in Scotland.
The Premier League is the most competitive in the world for anyone being able to beat anyone on their day.

That's what I'm saying. AVB got his system to work in Portugal, but couldn't do it at either Chelsea or us (because this league is better). Poch has, at least, got Southampton playing 'his' way in the Premier League with some success. Hopefully he can also do that with us.

So what you're saying is that the teams in the PL are better at parking the bus?

So what you're saying is that the teams in the PL are better at parking the bus?

I think he's saying they dont have buses in portugal , and if they have they are like well small like a 7 seven seater and they can't fill a goal as good ennit ;)

Sherwood heavy odds on for West Brom job now. Expect he'll try for some of our young boys - Bentaleb, Carroll, Kane, Fryers - on loan if he gets that gig. Plus a bid perhaps for Lennon, who he clearly rated. By his own admission, he was very partial to players he'd already worked with and 'trusted'.

#dayjob #lol #benny

Why bring AVB into this?

That's what I'm saying. AVB got his system to work in Portugal, but couldn't do it at either Chelsea or us (because this league is better). Poch has, at least, got Southampton playing 'his' way in the Premier League with some success. Hopefully he can also do that with us.

Hopefully but no top team has been able to play that style in Premier league because of decent teams being prepared to sit back.

Hopefully but no top team has been able to play that style in Premier league because of decent teams being prepared to sit back.

I don't think there's a big enough sample size to draw any conclusions on the matter personally.

I think maybe you're basing it all on AVBs stint with Us and Chelsea - one manager and his attempts at playing a certain way does not necessarily mean the problem is with the style of play itself.

Adebayor was our best outfield player by far along with Eriksen in the 2nd half of last season, and IMO the nearest thing we have in the squad to a finished-article world-class player, so makes sense to me.

Adebayor was our best outfield player by far along with Eriksen in the 2nd half of last season, and IMO the nearest thing we have in the squad to a finished-article world-class player, so makes sense to me.

This. AVB might agree as well.

Sherwood heavy odds on for West Brom job now. Expect he'll try for some of our young boys - Bentaleb, Carroll, Kane, Fryers - on loan if he gets that gig. Plus a bid perhaps for Lennon, who he clearly rated. By his own admission, he was very partial to players he'd already worked with and 'trusted'.

I expect we'll want to send them somewhere where they'll be well-coached.

Hopefully he'll buy Rose and Livermore though.

Interesting article in the Evening Standard today saying that Pochettino wants to build his team around Adebayor:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...am-team-around-emmanuel-adebayor-9519605.html

If true, you wonder what that would mean for Soldado...

That we have 60 odd games to play and for some of those Ade might be injured, suspended, rested or at the CAN.

You can't play a season with one senior forward.

Back