• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Just remembered...

Tony, sing us a song... Then tony yells at us "Stand up if you hate arsenal!!!"

One of the best nights I've had watching Spurs. Having two teams of Spurs players was apt and a fitting tribute to King, and unifying in a way that was needed after the season we've had. Nice to see all of the first team who are not going to the world cup out there on the pitch.

It's a shame in a way if Sherwood backed out of playing, because given the atmosphere last night I think he would have got a good reception and we could all have moved on without some of the bitterness that's been about recently.

His name was booed very loudly (sounded like it was mostly west stand) when it was read out at quarter to eight. When they announced the teams again he was left out. Not a good reception.

What a night! the atmosphere was amazing and apart from the rain it was fantastic. Loved the way some of the players played up to the crowd and i think Holtby, Freund and Webb stole the show in the second half. Capoue posing for the camera right infront of us aswell was good (but i missed the shot :( ) Fantastic night for a fantastic players. COYS!

His name was booed very loudly (sounded like it was mostly west stand) when it was read out at quarter to eight. When they announced the teams again he was left out. Not a good reception.

The decision to back out may well have been because the reaction he might have got may have put a sour note on a celebratory evening.

Sounds like a fantastic night, wish I could have been there.

Will be sucking in whatever i can from photos, videos and interviews.

Anyone with stories, photos or links, pleas keep sharing :)

The decision to back out may well have been because the reaction he might have got may have put a sour note on a celebratory evening.

I think fans should have refrained from booing Sherwood last night. There are reasons to be unhappy about him, but this was Ledley's testimonial - it wouldn't have been hard to just leave it for one night? Sherwood will be gone soon enough anyway. Sad to hear this happened. Good decision from Sherwood to back out to avoid further embarrasment, IMO.

It was a great night. I originally hope we would play a top European team but this was far better. It made it a family affair and a celebration of a great player with people who felt the same way about the club as we all do. The only down side for me was the "Mexican wave" I f****** hate that at sporting events, it's just for plastic sport followers.

I think fans should have refrained from booing Sherwood last night. There are reasons to be unhappy about him, but this was Ledley's testimonial - it wouldn't have been hard to just leave it for one night? Sherwood will be gone soon enough anyway. Sad to hear this happened. Good decision from Sherwood to back out to avoid further embarrasment, IMO.

I got annoyed with loads of songs about Campbell too, **** him

Great night. Voice was rather hoarse by the end - so many songs and a lot of banter. Easily the best atmosphere I've heard at the Lane this season - maybe for a few years.

Quality to see the King out at the Lane one more time. In 54 minutes Ledley looked the same as he always has; composed, classy, in-control. What a player and I wish our current team had the benefit of his ability and leadership.

First half in particular was excellent. Berbatov, Ginola and Teddy - what a front three!! Berba showed all his usual class but also good legs. Great unselfish play for Teddy's first in particular. Daveeed was pure sex - he could barely run, but it didn't matter. Outstanding touch - control, little lay-offs, feints. Even a couple of customary dives :lol:. I miss him. And Teddy was similar... showed that even at his age he hadn't lost the tekkers. First finish in particular was class.

Loved some of the banter with Howard Webb/Holtby, Freund, the fan as the lino ("you don't know what you're doing") in the second half too.

And Ledley's speech at the end, in the pouring rain... I got a bit emotional. Listening to his words I felt proud and sad at the same time. Proud as Ledley is GENUINELY a great THFC born and bred player. One of the very best centre-halves I've ever seen. And sad that such a great talent had to fight against the unrelenting nature of his dehabilitating injuries - a battle he obviously eventually lost.

Fantastic night. COYS

It was a great night. I originally hope we would play a top European team but this was far better. It made it a family affair and a celebration of a great player with people who felt the same way about the club as we all do. The only down side for me was the "Mexican wave" I f****** hate that at sporting events, it's just for plastic sport followers.

Would normally agree but last night was different.

My view of Ledley's penalty!

[video=youtube;Nf2XZsKi4Ws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf2XZsKi4Ws&feature=youtu.be[/video]

What a night! the atmosphere was amazing and apart from the rain it was fantastic. Loved the way some of the players played up to the crowd and i think Holtby, Freund and Webb stole the show in the second half. Capoue posing for the camera right infront of us aswell was good (but i missed the shot :( ) Fantastic night for a fantastic players. COYS!

Yeah he posed right in front of us too (Block 27 Row 7) but I too missed the shot. I took plenty of snaps though, I'll upload them later tonight after work and share the best ones on here. Brilliant night, and as others have said the best atmosphere I've experienced at the lane. Ruel Fox showing that he could still do a job, and Anderton played some lovely balls.

Proof, if ever it was needed, that Sherwood has far more class than a section of our so-called "fans".

I hope the bottom dwellers who are responsible are ashamed of themselves.

Proof, if ever it was needed, that Sherwood has far more class than a section of our so-called "fans".

I hope the bottom dwellers who are responsible are ashamed of themselves.

would have said it was a few boos from the odd section not as bad as some trying to make out. On the most part he got a cheer when his name was announced.

Really good night and it was so good to see Ledley granted a capacity crowd. Other players haven't managed to pull that in, I think Mabbutt and Howells didn't get sell outs iirc.

Just fantastic to look at some of those great players we have had going forward, all on the same pitch together. Berbatov, Sheringham, Anderton, Ginola as well as Crouch and Saha who have achieved big things in their career away from Spurs. Good to see Sullivan and Robinson back at the Lane with both having performed very well for us in their time here. Davids looked up for it as well which was quite fun to watch.

Just a shame that Van der Vaart, Bale and Modric were unable to appear as that would have topped the night off.

Absolutely loved last night. One of my favourite nights ever at the Lane.

Watching Teddy, Berbs, Anderton, Ginola and Davids all linking up (even if at a slightly slower pace) was fantastic to see.

Good entertainment too from Ade, Daws, Freund, Holtby, Capoue and Webb after the vintage legs started to wane. Superb crowd throughout.

Ledley definitely wasn't the only one fighting back the tears at the end.

Back